Chapter 33: Shocking discoveries

Snotlout

"OK, here we go now..." I say - more to myself - gently leaning down and laying Matthew across Astrids and Hiccups double bed. This causing to move about suddenly, a small whisper of,

"I like pancakes." Being muttered out of his mouth, rolling over and curling up into a small ball trying to find warmth in the hard wood surface that he's lain upon. Quickly, I lean down, pulling up the covers - that I had previously rolled down to put Matthew on the bed - and lifting them up till it reaches his shoulders. He sighs comfortably, tugging on the sheets with his small hands. I smile at the small innocence of him, so carefree. What had life been like when I was younger? I chuckle, thinking about almost drowning innocent Hiccup once. Fun times.

With some force drawing me to do it, I swiftly move the few strands of his overgrown hair from covering his right eye, listening to his slow breaths. Pulling them out of the way, back behind his ear so that I can look at his clear, immaculate fac- what is that?

A small intricate design caught my eye - funnily enough in the shape of a small dragon, embedded into the skin on the upper part of his cheek. Strange. I had never seen anything like it. It looked so detailed, almost as if it had been drawn on. But it certainly hadn't been - you could practically feel the dented mark underneath your finger tips.

Sighing, I got back up from my knelt position on the ground. Straightening out my helmet and armour that had somehow got disrupted from it's normal position. Then turning around to pull up a chair, to do this though I had to walk over to Hiccups desk over by the wall. New tail designs for Toothless, detailed sketches of weaponry, Hiccups newly improved armour, and improvements for the village and the dragons. Hiccups typical, you can read him like a book so I wasn't really surprised to see all of these drawings strung up on the wall ramdomly, uncoordinated. But one made me gape, those little wheely things in my brain run round. Till, bing! Something hit me.

There, placed in the middle as if it were made to be there, was a dragon symbol - but not just any dragon symbol, no. I had watched Hiccup many a time drawing several dragon symbols, it wasn't strange. I, being his beloved cousin (a/n *cough cough* not *cough cough*), had seen every single one - except this one. But then, I was sure I had seen it before. Scratching my head, I yanked the sketching off of the wall, from which it was pinned. Dragging up a chair and sitting next to the bed so that I could keep an eye on Matthew, as the 'Chief' had instructed. All the while, not taking my eyes off of that drawing.

Eventually, I forced my eyes away from the picture that had my mind in a ramble of my own stupidity. Trying to forget about it, I turned back to Matthew, his chest rising steadily upwards then rapidly deflating. Small snores erupting low from his belly. Chuckling to myself, I moved my eyes upward towards his- Eureka!

There, patterned into his skin is the same exact dragon symbol. I smile smugly to myself for I, Snotlout Jorgenson, have just worked it out. By myself! But my smile quickly depletes as realisation hits me. My mouth once again gaping as my eyes fly back to the paper as if they had been there already. Written distinctly at the bottom in Hiccups small, but neat, handwriting is:

Stoick, our son, a memory of him, may you always find a way back to us. As long as you wear that birth mark we know that we will be somewhere with you...

Your Father, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

Several things pass through my mind at that moment but only one rectifies and sticks there; Matthew is Stoick

OMG IT'S SNOWING! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT YES! HAHA LOL.

ANYWAYS, AS PROMISED HERE IT IS! HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG FOR IT! BUT AT LEAST SOMEONE KNOWS NOW, RIGHT?

ALSO, I WANTED TO START THE VOTING NOW FOR WHETHER STOICK/MATTHEW SHOULD STAY, OR LEAVE. VOTE FOR STOICK MEANS STAY, BUT ASTREEN AND TIRAN GO, OR MATTHEW FOR LEAVE MEANING STOICK, ASTREEN AND TIRAN LEAVE. TRY TO THINK ABOUT IT FROM ALL THEIR POINT OF VIEWS. I'VE ALREAY DECIDED WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, BUT I KIND OF WANTED TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER! HAPPY VOTING!

STOICK - STAY

MATTHEW - LEAVE

STOICK/MATTHEW - ALL STAY

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!