Chapter 44: Again? Really?

Astrid

The last thing that I could really remember was looking into three of the faces that I had prayed to Thor that I would never have to see again. Goosebumps prickled my skin and my breathing stopped for a split, startled moment. This couldn't be happening. Why was it happening? And to me?

"Hello Astrid, long time no... see?" Dagurs cold voice cut through the air like a knife piercing the skin. Not pleasant. It sent an uncomfortable chill down my spine as his eyes roamed up and down my body hungrily. "You got older, yet still so beautiful." He muttered, reaching out to stroke my cheek. But before he could do so it was slapped away by a much smaller and pale one. A females hand.

"Beautiful?" The Princess Merida of Dunbroch scoffed, her voice coated with her scottish accent.

"Yes, you've got good taste." The third said, his blonde hair and blue eyes being the most apparent with his complexion. Claud. Three of them. Together. Not something that I would have thought that I would ever see.

"Can wa jus' grab har alreaday?" Merida grumbled, rolling her eyes at the two men.

"Oh, so that's your plan?" I asked conversationally. Bravely. "You know that will never work. It never does!"

"Jus' shut up blondie, this isn't about ya!" Merida snapped, grabbing hold of my arm in a tight grip. Dagur gave me a wicked smirk, grabbing hold of my other arm. I tried to struggle, watching helplessly as Claud brought that too familiar dusty white rag, closer and closer to my face.

"No. It's about the future heir... and the current one." Claud chuckled, putting the rag to my face. I struggled and struggled. Kicking, punching, screaming (though it was muffled). But the didn't stop the black spots that danced across my vision.

"Stoick. Hiccup. No." Were my last words before I ended up plummeting into a world of darkness.

Hiccup

"Hey, you alright bud?" I asked him, pulling Stoick away from my chest to look into his misty blue pools that reminded me so much of my beloved Astrid. He lifted his chin up, meeting my eyes.

"I'm scared." He admitted, sulking his head as if it were the most terrible thing in the world.

"What for? Is it about your... mum?" I asked him, not sure what to call anyone anymore.

"Which one?" He joked, although it seemed more like he wanted to cry.

"Hey, everything will be alright, I promise... Stoick?" I asked not sure what to call even him.

"Um, don't take this the wrong way, but I prefer Matthew. I grew up with that name, you know? I don't mind Stoick though." He shrugged, nto sure if I'd get mad.

"Whatever you want, Matthew." He sagged in relief at my reaction. But he seemed to tense again. "Look, if you're really that worried, we could always wait-" before I could finish he cut me off.

"No! If we wait, I'll probably be even more reluctant to see them. Better now than never, right... dad?" I smiled, ruffling his hair with my free hand. Earning a "Hey!" From him.

"Right."

* * *

Soon enough our house came into sight, and Matthew sent me a worried glance. I gave him a reassuring pat on the head and  a small nod, telling him that everything was going to be OK. He gave me a nod back, accepting my reassurance. I landed Toothless smoothly on the ground, scratching his head before jumping off of him.

"Thanks bud." I thanked him, as I reached up to haul Matthew off. Once he was firmly on the ground, I grabbed hold of his small hand, entrapping it in my own. "Ready?" I looked over to him. He gave me a shaky nod in reply. "Come on then." But before we could even take another step we heard distinct cries coming from Snotlout. Spinning around, we could just picture him and Stormfly, flying down towards us. I sighed, knowing that Astrid was safe. But maybe I spoke to soon?

"Hiccup." Snotlout jumped off of Hookfang as soon as he landed, "And Stoick! Thank Thor!" He pulled us both into a breath quenching hug. It took me a moment to realise that Astrid hadn't been the one to strangle me in her bone crushing hug, that only a warrior could.

"Astrid?" I gasped out and Snotlout released me, instantly looking down at his feet, waggling them around as if they were the most incredible thing alive. "Astrid?" I asked again, more firm this time.

"I'm sorry Hiccup. She... we... here, we found this. It was stuck to a tree." He handed me a piece of parchment paper, one that I knew all too well.

Chief Hiccup,

We have your beloved wife Astrid. If you truly loved her then you would come find her in the place that started it all. And you will bring your son too.

But, if you fail to comply to these terms, then you can say goodbye to Astrid, after all what's love without a little fun, eh brother?

From
You'll see...

I screwed up the piece of parchment into a paper ball, squishing it in my fist.

"Again? Really?"

OMG! I AM SO SO SORRY! I DIDN'T REALISE HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE I LAST UPDATED! BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND SHOPPING FOR TOILETRIES FOR THE HISTORY TRIP LAST WEEKEND, PLUS IT WAS MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY. THEN ON FRIDAY WE'VE GOT COMIC RELIEF/RED NOSE DAY AND THEN MOTHERING SUNDAY. NOT TO MENTION MY HISTORY TEST RESIT TOMORROW AFTER SCHOOL :-( BUSY BUSY BUSY. BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE UP FOR IT, I KNOW. THAT'S WHY MY DEADLINE FOR THE COMPLETION OF THIS BOOK AND SERIES IS BY NEXT SUNDAY! SO EXPECT MORE UPDATES!

THINK WE'VE GOT ABOUT 2 CHAPTERS TO GO...

BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT THEY SHOULD CALL STOICK OR MATTHEW?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

P.S. DID I DESCRIBE CLAUD RIGHT? BEEN SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER! HAHA