Chapter 51: Finding the Witch

The wi-woodcarver

"Terrible!" Crow squawked as I turned to glare at him through narrowed eyes.

"Oh, shut your beak crow!" I snapped at him, "I'm trying!" I said exasperatedly, whilst crow muttered something along the lines of "And you've been trying for the last decade." Which only earned him another venomous glare and me throwing a stone at him which he quickly dodged.
I sighed heartedly, contemplating what crow had said; and he was right. To be honest ever since that blonde girl had washed up on shore my mind had been a wonder and I hadn't been able to put much effort into my business of woodcarving-ok not that I got much customers in need of a 'woodcarver', but still.
Thankfully though that red head hadn't been to see me in a while, although I couldn't figure out whether that was a good or a bad thing.

After a few more hits with the hammer and pick I'd managed to decapitate the one-eyed bear that I'd been attempting to make.
This only led to Crow falling off of his perch in a fit of squawking laughter, rolling all over the floor as he did so.

"Oh I give up!" I shouted, throwing the hammer and pick at the laughing black bird. Afterwards I heard a sharp squawk, turning to see that they'd barely missed him by an inch. Chuckling evilly to myself I told him, "Teaches you for messing with a wi-wood carver!" I stopped realising what I just said, "Dang it! I'm a wood carver, a wood carver! Not a witch! I retired a long time ago and-"

The Bell chiming behind me startled me and caused me to stop suddenly. Turning around in a flash I clicked my fingers to stop the mop that was washing the floor nearby.

Ahh a boy. A handsome skinny boy. Hm this has potential.

"Hello young man and welcome to my woodcarver store, tell me if you see anything you like." I grinned at him bearing my teeth. He jumped back a bit, obviously not expecting me.

"Um, actually I was looking for a-"

"Witch?" I asked him curiously adding a little sing-song to my voice. "Why on earth would you need to see a witch? For bravery, strength, a mother trying to change your fate?"

"Erm... no?" He said looking at me with a weird expression.

"No?" I asked him, watching him curiously that's what people normally came here for, but they always payed the price of course.

"No." He said with finality, moving towards me. "I want to bring my wife back."

"Your wife?" I asked him, looking at him as if he'd just popped out another head.

"Well, well, if it isn' da witch." I looked over to the door as that girl walked in...

Merida

As me and Hiccup made our way through the woods, I kept looking around making sure that we weren't being followed.

"What are you doing?" Hiccup asked, ducking under yet another branch as we made our way towards the witch. He politely held it up for me to walk through and I rolled my eyes, I hated gentlemen.
"Wha' do ya think am doin'? Checkin' for bandits obviously, isn't that wha' everyone does? Y'know just in case someone comes up behind ya and decides to rob ya or kidnap ya?"

"Erm... let's change topic shall we?" He quickly said, scratching the back of his neck nervously, I noticed that he tended to that when he's nervous.

I rolled my eyes. Of course he didn't, well they are vikings I guess. The amount of times they could have swung around and kicked someone in the never regions by being cautious of their surroundings. Oh Gods, how could I have ever wished to marry this?

"Halt!" I screeched stopping Hiccup in his tracks, and pulling him quickly behind a small bush just in case she was watching us and pretended to be a wood carver or dissappear.

"What's wrong?" Hiccup asked me, eyebrows drawn closed together as he crouched down beside me remaining hidden.

Pointing my finger at the witch's house, Hiccup finally realised as his mouth turned into the shape of an 'o'.

"What are we waiting for then?" Hiccup asked all ready to go. "Let's go."

"No Hiccup!" I tried to stop him but he just sped off, using this to my advantage I watched as he walked into her house where he was now probably being pestered by her.

I quickly, and as quietly as I could in the woods with snapping branches beneath my feet and the crunching of old fallen leaves, creeped over to her house too.
But instead of just walking inside like Hiccup, I decided the much cleverer option was to, well, eavesdrop... that's not spying. Never spying.

And as predicted the witch started welcoming him in and going through the whole introduction faze which I once went through myself when in search of a different fate.
As Hiccup asked for a witch, she then went on to asking what he needs one for. And don't even think that I didn't get that last hint.

So having enough of the witches 'drawing in' method of another poor unfortunate victim (as fun as it would be, I really don't need another replay of someone being turned into a bear again!) I barged in and said "Well, well, if it isn' da witch."

She and Hiccup in turn turned towards me, the witch going from shock to a deep scowl, and Hiccup from surprise to relief.

"Merida," the witch said sweetly in a bitter tone, "What a... pleasant surprise." She said choosing her words carefully.

"I bet it is." I said barrelling straight toward her, "Now, how can we bring his wife back?"

OH GOSH GUYS! I WENT TO TOWN ON SATURDAY, AND FOUND THE 12TH, AND FINAL, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON BOOK! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS OUT! AND I HAD TO FORCE MYSELF NOT TO BE A TOTAL FANGIRL AND PRANCE AROUND THE SHOP SCREAMING "IT'S HERE! OMG IT'S HERE!"

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTED IT, BUT IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE :( IT COST £9.99 WHICH IS QUITE A LOT FOR A BOOK, AND FOR A 15 (ALMOST 16) YEAR OLD GIRL WITH NO JOB, AND LITTLE MONEY :(

BUT I'M GOING TO GET MY MUM TO BUY IT ME SOON!

PLUS I WAS WITH MY FRIENDS AND THEY THINK THAT I'M TOO CHILDISH EVEN THOUGH I CONSTANTLY EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT PLENTY OF PEOPLE MY AGE LOVE LOVE LOVE (IF THERE WAS A BIGGER WORD THAT MEANT MORE IT WOULD BE RIGHT HERE) HTTYD AND SUPPORT THE HICCSTRID SHIPPING ;) IT KIND OF UPSETS ME THAT JUST BECAUSE I LIKE SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT BE REAL YET TO ME IT JUST FEELS EVERY BIT REAL, DO YOU GUYS GET THAT?

BECAUSE THAT'S MY LOVE FOR HTTYD...

ANYWAY SO HOMEWORK ALREADY URGH SOMETHING ABOUT AEROBIC EXERCISE I THINK... AND ALSO SOME COOKING HOMEWORK ON INTERNATIONAL CUISINE.

SO IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IF YOU GUYS COULD COMMENT WHAT SORT OF TRADITIONAL FOODS ARE SERVED IN YOUR COUNTRY BECAUSE I'VE GOT TO CREATE A TWO - COURSE MEAL FROM A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE :) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

LOVE YOU GUYS ♡

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx