Chapter 56: Toothless!

Hiccup

My eyes flew open, a shiver working its way through my body. My hand dug into my pounding temple as I attempted to stand, only to fall back onto the coolness of hard stone floor. Floor?

My body felt weak, my mouth parched and dry, as I attempted to cough it all away. All my senses were overcome with the urge to sleep, but something stopped me.

"Argh!" I cried out once more, eyes watering as I attempted to erase the pain that clouded all of my thoughts. But one thought...

Astrid.

I, I had dreamt of her... I think. And a baby. A girl. White room. Smooth floor. Astrid.

I grunted once more, this time managing to make it to my feet, refusing to let exhaustion override me again.

Merida.

That no good fiend! She'd drugged me... I think. Must have been something she'd gotten from that conniving witch.

But... why? And Where was she now?

The pain in my temple ebbed away until it sounded like a mere echo of what it had once been.

She wasn't here to help me!

I charged for the door, my hands reaching for the handle in desperation. Locked. She'd locked me in!

So, not only did she leave me vulnerable and weak fast asleep, but she left me locked up as if I was a prisoner?

That dirty, rotten, stinking... redhead! What? Astrid was way better at insults than me. Astrid!

My hands flew at the door, pounding the sturdy wood with a new found power. If anyone was more vulnerable than I once was, it was going to be Astrid. I couldn't let anything-else-happen to her!

A scream of rage escaped my lips as I punched and kicked the door with bloodied fists and aching limbs. Pain merely scraped the surface of my rage at Merida, at the witch, at...

Toothless!

A gummy smile greets me in the window, eyes big and slowly growing at seeing me. My beloved dragon!

I raced across the room towards him, opening up the doors to my balcony - at least she hadn't thought to lock those.

As soon as the doors were open just enough to accommodate his size he was on me, literally, talons digging dangerously into my chest - despite knowing that he'd never hurt me - and that tongue leaving slobber all over me.

"Toothless!" I scold him with a laugh. I can't believe he's here! But how...?

"He was missing you." A voice I know all too well spoke up from behind him.

"Mum!" I pushed Toothless off, who submitted begrudgingly with a growl knowing I'd have to pay him back later. I shook my head at him, leaping towards my mum.

"You came... how... why...?" I sputtered gripping a bit too tightly.

"I'm so sorry Hiccup." She squeezed me tightly as I leant back to meet her tender gaze.

"Wha-why?" I asked her confusedly.

"About everything, son. I should have listened to you, but you're just so stubborn - like your father." She smiled fondly at that. "I just thought... that I was doing what was best for you. But I see now; that girl means more than the world to you. Just like Stoick did - does." She presses a hand over my heart, a tear making a track down her cheek. "My love for you blinded me I guess. I know that that's not much of an excuse but-"

I grabbed a hold of her cheeks, kissing her lovingly on the lips (a/n not a "kiss kiss").

"Mum, you don't need an excuse. I understand." I stroked her cheek tenderly. "But right now-" I let her go, reaching for Toothless and mounting his saddle. Toothless' expression suddenly changed, as if he were ready for action. "-there's something I need to do."

"No." She shook her head, and before I could question what she meant she turned back towards the balcony. "There's something we need to do."

And with that she hopped off of the balcony only to lift back up on cloudjumper... along with Snotlout on Hookfang, Ruff and Tuff on Barf and Belch, Fishlegs on Meatlug and Gobber on Grump.

"Wha-"

"We're all here for you, son. Every step of the way - or every surf of the sky. We always were."

It felt like my face might shatter if I were to grin any wider. And locking my foot and peg leg into place, I soared up and towards the witches hut. Surrounded by some of the most important people in my life. And it's time to bring one back.

HEY EVERYBODY!

AH! CHRISTMAS IS SO CLOSE! AND SO IS THE END OF THIS BOOK :(

BUT DO NOT DESPAIR! WE'VE STILL GOT A COUPLE MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!

QUESTION: What's on your Christmas lists?

I AM JUST REALLY HOPING TO GET THE NEW STORMFLY FROM BUILD-A-BEAR :D

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx