Chapter 32: Grown up

Astreen

It seemed impossible. Like a dream that could never come true. In some ways it was a nightmare, not in the bad way, more of the scary one. It just wasn't real, it couldn't be. Yet here we were; our daughter in front of us. Oh how we had dreamt of this very day, but then they were only dreams, lost hopes which have somehow came true.

Our daughter, Astrid, was with us now. We were holding her in our very arms, breathing in her familiar and deluding scent that I had tried so hard to remember, hold on to and now it was so alive, messing with my senses it was as if I had smelt it every day. Tears dripped steadily from my eyes, landing on her soft golden blonde hair. Stroking it gently, taking each strand as if it were something bound to dissappear at any moment - something that I would not want to happen again.

"I-I missed you both so much!" She sobbed into our chests, feeling the vibrations riveting throughout our bodies. I remembered soothing her like this after one of her many nightmares, coaxing her to go back to sleep, normally with one of Tirans famous stories or a sweet and lulling lullaby from me. This was a moment that many a night I had dreamt about - begging for release, to forget and somehow move on. If only I knew that that would never be possible,  she is my daughter after all, my own flesh and blood.

No words could be spoken for how I felt - it was a bunch of emotions all crammed into one, you couldn't just picture one. All playing with my feelings. Eventually I pulled away, followed by Tiran who continued to hold her at arms length. His eyes roaming across the sweet embodiments of her face, reminding him of every feature that our daughter had and what had changed as she grew. Growing up without a mother and father. how must she have felt during those many lonesome and tearful nights that she had? I wouldn't know because I wasn't there. The guilt was clear, tearing at my insides as if they were a scrap of meat (which they are). My heart in my throat, choking me to high heaven. My mouth forming words that my tongue couldn't pronounce or mimic. What was wrong with me? My daughter standing right in front of me and I can't even speak to her. Fortunately though, Tiran had the grace to speak first.

"How much you have changed in those many years of being gone,  you look like a woman!" He exclaimed, examining our daughter from head to toe.

"Maybe that's because I am?" She chuckled, her face lighting up at Tirans terrible humour. He just shook his great hug, pulling her in for another lonesome bear hug.

"Come here!" He said, squeezing her slightly until it looked like she could breathe.

"Tiran!" I scolded him, finally finding my voice that had gotten lost in my train of thought. "You're choking the living daylights out of her!"

"I know," he chuckled to himself, releasing her from his death grip. A heavy gasp of air flooded into her mouth, hand placed steadily on her chest.

"I remember those hugs." She mused, reining her senses back together. For a moment everything seems somehow normal. Nothing trying to tear us apart like they once had. Of course, none of the blame was to be forged upon Astrid, it wasn't her fault. That's why we left and she didn't. Now, I regret that. Thinking that we could have fought back more, resented it immediately. But we had wanted the best for her, living on Berk not with us. It seemed however that that may have been a dumb move on our part. What would she have been like if we had been here caring for her? My only hope is that she didn't lay siege to any of the men here - there would be one horrific showdown with Tiran if there was.

Hiccup

"Can you see anything yet, bud?" I asked Toothless, heading in the direction of which Snotlout had directed us only hoping - praying, that it was the right way after all this. He growled in response, swooping down in the supposed right direction. Why was it always Astrid? She's been kidnapped, molested, almost killed, mourned for, attacked by a wicked red head that doesn't know how to use a brush, had our baby stolen away from her that she had merely given birth to hours ago and suffered a deep depression. Now that I come to think of it, that's a lot!

Another low rumble emits from the pits of Toothless beneath me snapping me out of my stalk to the past.

"What is it, bud?" A tilt of his head, nodding in the direction where small looms of smoke cloud the air. Although it seemed to be wearing thin now, it was still very apparent. That is where Astrid would be. So, with a "let's get 'em bud." As I whisper low into Toothless' ear, leaning down to help with Toothless' speed, we zoom down, down,  gliding through the trees with ease dodging all obstacles that lie in our path, stopping us from saving my Astrid.

As soon as I caught a glimpse of them, I lit my dragon blade (inferno) throwing it - thanking myself for practicing as much as I could. Charging in with a newer one that I had made, what can I say? I was prepared. Dragging it up over my shoulder, lighting it up, and holding it up over my head ready to attack if I could.

"Get away from- Astrid?" I had begun to shout but ended with my voice trailing off as I wasn't expecting that.

A MILLION APOLOGIES FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY LIKE I HAD PLANNED, BUT I ALSO HADN'T PLANNED ON GOING TO MY NANS FOR THE DAY AND STUPIDLY FORGETTING MY PHONE. ALTHOUGH I GOT A TABLET FOR CHRISTMAS (YESTERDAY) WHICH I'M ACTUALLY USING RIGHT NOW, COULDN'T USE IT AT MY NANS THOUGH AS HER INTERNET IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

I WILL BE UPDATING IN ANOTHER HOUR OR TWO NOW, SO AT LEAST YOU'LL GET A DOUBLE UPDATE!

QUESTION: What did you guys get for Christmas?

I GOT HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 3D BLU-RAY (BEST PRESENT EVER!), SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2, THE SIMS 4, LEGO THE HOBBIT (XBOX 360), DISNEY INFINTY 2.0 DISNEY CLASSIC COLLECTION, MALEFICENT DISNEY INFINTY 2.0 FIGURES, JEWELLRY, CLOTHES, PYJAMAS, MINECRAFT, MINECRAFT BEGINNERS HANDBOOK, A BOOK, 1D ZIP BRACELET, 1D HIDE AND SLEEP CUSHION AND A PLUSH GARLIC!!! (DON'T ASK HAHA)

I HOPE YOU GUYS HAD AN AMAZING CHRISTMAS!

ALSO THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL CHAPTER WON'T BE PUT UP TILL THE END OF THIS BOOK AS I CAN'T SEEM TO FIT IT IN SORRY!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!