Chapter 28: Go get Hiccup!

Astrid

After a while of flying low through the clouds, trying to find the source of that smell. We come across a loom of smoke, piling out from within an opening in the forest.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Snotlout turns towards me, gulping of what we were obviously about to do.

"Yes, let's go." I nod, turning Stormfly down towards the smoke. "Down there girl!" I pointed, telling her where to go.

"Ok then." Snotlout agrees.

"Right, let's head down there then!" I shout over the rushing wind.

"What?" I heard Snotlout shout from a good distance away.

"Snotlout!" I shout, "Where are you going?" he turns back around on Hookfang, heading towards me and Stormfly again.

"I though you were thinking what I was thinking?" he said, scrunching up his eyebrows in confusion.

"And what was that?" I say, hands placed firmly on my hips.

"er, to run away and find Hiccup?" Snotlout says, scratching the top of his head awkwardly.

"Hiccup?" I scoff, "you can't get Hiccup to fix all of your problems, Snotlout!" I say, shaking my head.

"But it's easier that way!" he whines, slumping down like a little child.

"Snotlout, how old are you?" I ask him seriously, my hands unmoved from their position on my hips. It's like they belong there.

"er..." he says, tapping his headwith his fingers, as if he's trying to jog his memory.

"Alright, don't answer that." I say, shaking my head at his stupidity. "Look, are you a mouse or a viking?" I ask, hoping that it will be easier.

"er, right now?" I slap my hand to my forehead, hoping that it may suddenly jolt me out of this situation. "oh, right now!" he says as if it suddenly clicked, arms spread out wide in victory. I sweat he's almost worse than the twins. "A mouse..." he droops his head to put emphasis into it. No, scratch that - he is worse than the twins, no doubt about it.

"Urgh!" I groan, "Let's just go." I instruct him, signaling my hand in the smokes direction.

"Ok, but do I get a good luck kiss in case I die?" he says following me, a smug smirk planted on that ugly face of his. As if.

"No!" I snap, heading back towards the smoke despite Snotlouts constant moaning and grumbling of 'why this is a bad idea'. Like I didn't already know that, but what can I say? I like the adrenaline boost it gives me.

"Are you sure we shouldn't go get Hiccup? He'd kill me if you got hurt, then you, then me again." Snotlout worries for the hundredth time.

"Snotlout, we do not need Hiccup!" I shout back at him, "now come on, we need to see what's going on." I tell him, flying ever closer towards the scene.

"are the twins down there?" he asks me after a few more pleasurable, silent seconds of just Stormfly's wings cutting through the oncoming wind.

"I don't know Snotlout," I grumble, nestling my head in my hands. "I'm not Gothi."

"but how would Gothi know?" Snotlout says, scratching his head in thought again.

"I don't know, maybe because-" but I am suddenly cut off by a searing pain of something cutting through the flesh on my arm. "ahh!" I scream rather un-Astrid-like, feeling the small coolness of the wind hitting the blood tgat has begun to dribble out of my open wound.

"Astrid?" Snotlout says, "oh no, Hiccups going to kill me!" He exclaims, panicked, after seeing the long and deep cut in my arm, probably thinking of all the possible ways that Hiccup could do so.

I manage to turn my head to look at it, feeling my eyes beginning to droop and become heavier.

"Snotlout, go, go get Hiccup..." I mumble, feeling the darkness being thrust upon me much like an avalanche as I'm unable to stop it. "Just, go get Hiccup..." I repeat.

All I manage to hear before I'm swallowed up is - what sounds much like a scream, but distant - "No, Astrid!" then nothing.

SORRY IF IT'S SHORT, REALLY AM! BUT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE LATER TODAY, PROMISED, I JUST HAD TO RUSH AS I'VE GOT TO GO OUT NOW AND THOUGHT I'D BETTER UPDATE, ALTHOUGH IT DIDN'T TURN OUT AS GOOD AS EXPECTED, DID IT?

4 MORE SLEEPS HERE! SO EXCITED!

QUESTION: What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!