Chapter 42: Found you

Hiccup

"Where is he bud?" I asked Toothless, resting my chin against his neck to allow us to soar faster, Thor knows what could be happening to a little boy lost in the woods. The beach is one thing - at least then he's out in the open. But being in the woods, where you can easily hide, yes, but where thugs and enemies can too. Finding you. And if any were to know who Matthews, no Stoicks, parents were then we were in deep trouble. Being the Chiefs son can be great, but seeing as I have plenty of enemies, it's not always such a good thing.

All this thinking of danger, of what could possibly happen to my long lost son sent my blood coursing through my veins, my heart beating so fast that I was that it might jump out of my chest at any moment. I pressed my chest to Toothless' back, not willing to test my theory. Right or wrong.

Toothless growled his response, turning his head slightly towards the left, my pegged leg instantly shifted on the pedal, changing the position of the tail to follow Toothless' movements. "Ok. Ok. Ok." I muttered over and over in a vain attempt of trying to calm myself down. Of course this wouldn't work either. Toothless slapped me with his ear, snapping me out of it.

"Ow!" I yelped, although it didn't hurt. "Toothless!" I scolded as he just gurgled a laughing response, not caring for the scolding. Stupid reptile. I frowned, patting Toothless on the head - but I love him.

Suddenly, a startled growl reverberated from Toothless, sending shivers through my body from head to toe.

"What is it bud?" I asked, pulling myself up and letting my eyes dart around the cloudy sky. A small dot caught my vision, falling at high speed towards the bottomless ocean. Instinct set in. "Come on bud!" I yelled, shifting the pedal causing Toothless to soar forward he didn't need to be asked twice. A second passed and I could hardly recognise the surroundings until I felt a heavy weight land in my arms.

Toothless slowed, and I shifted my leg again my eyes reaching toward a small bundle in my arms, wind swept out of him and looking as startled as I was.

"Hey bud," his eyes blinked open at the sound of my voice, looking slightly shocked. His bright green eyes wide in astonished, well, I can't really blame him for that. I grinned at him, cuddling him closer. "Sorry I'm late." He grinned back at me, all teeth. He hugged me closer to him, and I didn't mind one bit.

"Dad." He whispered into my chest. I thought I must have misheard him. My heart lurched and I held him closer.

"Stoick." A tear slid down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away. He pulled away, tilting his head, his eyes confused and questioning me. Suddenly it seemed to dawn on him and he frowned, turning away from me.

"Don't lie to me." He whispered, it was so quiet that I wasn't so sure that I had even heard him. "Please." He begged. I grabbed hold of his shoulders, and turned him to face me, my eyes holding his in a stern manner.

"Stoick-Matthew. I would never lie to you. Ever." I promised him. He smiled, eyes glistening with a well of tears. He wrapped his arms around me in a flash, snuggling his head into my chest. After a moment, I recipitated. Holding him tightly against me.

And in that moment, I knew I meant it. And would never break it.

HEY GUYS! I'M BACK AGAIN! YAY! SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES, NOT HAD A LOT OF TIME. BEEN REDECORATING MY ENTIRE ROOM LAST WEEK AND SWAPPING ROOMS WITH MY OTHER SISTERS, SO NOW I'VE GOT THE BIG BEDROOM IN A LONDON THEME, OUR CAPITAL CITY - LONDON CARPET, LONDON WALLPAPER, PICTURES, UNION JACK AND LONDON BED COVERS, RED SOFA, UNION JACK STICKERS ON THE WALLS, LONDON PILLOWS ETC. IT LOOKS PRETTY COOL.

ALSO I'M SO EXCITED AS THIS WEEKEND MY DAD HAS FINALLY AGREED TO LET US HAVE A DOG! YAY!

NEXT UPDATE: 26 / 02 / 2015 (DD / MM / YYYY)

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!