Chapter 1: Never lose hope...

Astrid

He should have been one today, we should have been celebrating his birthday. I sat on the edge of the cliff, as always, scouting the sea for any trace of a ship, any trace of my son, that he would come back. But as always, nothing. I sighed, hugging my legs closer to my chest.

"We'll find him..." a voice startled me from behind, as I turned around quickly I noticed it was Hiccup, but I just turned back to face the crashing waves below. Maybe I could jump? Then all my pain, all my suffering could just drain away, I would have nothing to cry about, search for.

I felt as Hiccup placed himself next to me onto the hard grassy ground. I leant back onto Stormfly.

"I brought you something to eat-" he started as always.

"I'm not hungry," I replied simply, not facing him.

"Please Astrid-"

"No!" I snapped suddenly, all my heart break and anger and the people who took him rising out, spilling out of me, "How do I know that he's eating? How do I know that he's warm? How do I know that he's being loved and nurtured for? How do I know he sleeps fine at night? how do I know that he's even breathing?!" I screamed at him through my tears and wracking sobs, I looked back at the vast sea, taking a moment for myself.

I suddenly regretted it - it isn't his fault. 

"I'm sorry Hiccup, it's just," I sighed, turning my eyes away. "Every moment we waste here is another moment we lose of ever finding him,"

"But we will." Hiccup said firmly.

"Will we?" I got up, brushing off the dirt, as Hiccup followed my actions and did the same.

"Astrid, Stoick is out there somewhere," he gestured to the never ending sea in front of us. "and I'm going to find him, I promise."

I looked down at the ground letting a silent tear drop into the muddy depths below, "Why do we get given such a gift for it to be just taken away again?" I said, tears dwindling on the surface again. "Maybe," I sighed, "Maybe we're not meant to be parents." I folded my arms protectively over my chest and stomach.

"Astrid, you are the best mother I know, who will do anything to get her child back, and will let no obstacle get in her way, me the same..." I looked back at him.

"I was suppose to teach him how to talk, how to walk-"

"And you will!" Hiccup says indignantly, sauntering over to Toothless.

"Where are you going?" I said walking up to him.

"Going to find our son," he said. I nodded slightly looking back out to the sunset, I walked back over to the cliff edge and sat back down.

Hiccup

I heard her humming a lullaby, the last lullaby that she had sung for Stoick. I may not be as depressed as Astrid had been by this, driving her to almost insanity, but I would do anything to get him back, die even.

Astrid was heartbroken, every day she would sit on that same cliff edge, looking out in that same direction, at the same sun rising and setting and the same sea crashing brutally against the cliff face.

As for me, I never lost hope that I would find my son, somewhere, somehow, he's out there I just knew it.
I would search for him every night and day, never leaving one stone unturned, one cave unsearched or one cliff forgotten. One day I would find him, I just knew it...

I must never lose hope...

HEY GUYS! FIRST CHAPTER OF THE FLAWS OF BEING A HICCUP TAKE III IS UP! YIPPEE! I'M KIND OF LOST NOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN! CAN ANYONE PLEASE PM OR COMMENT SOME IDEAS PLEASE!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!