Chapter 41: Alone

Stoick

My eyes glistened with unshed tears, scared of what would happen if I let them go. I had no idea where I was going, my arms reflexively wrapped around jy shoulders to hold in the small amount of warmth that I had. Trust me for not grabbing a coat before sprinting off like that. But then, what was I supposed to do? Just stand there, watch my mum and dad cower back in the corner. This woman who I barely knew hugging me. Hiccup trying not ot catch my terrified gaze.

Ok, I admit it, I was scared. Petrified is more like it. Not to mention confused, what was going on? I didn't know what was right from wrong anymore. Was I living the wrong way? The wrong life? Did my parents actually want me? I hadn't seemed to notice how different I was from them, they weren't even my real parents.

My hand lashed out to wipe away the traitorous tears that had unwillingly escaped my eyes, stop crying! I didn't get it. I didn't get anything anymore. I didn't know what I had, what I lost. Nothing made sense to me. Who were my real parents? What had happened? Sure, I kind of caught on from a previous conversation between my 'fake' parents about me not really being theirs. But their love had sort of drowned it out and away from memory... until I met Hiccup.

Hiccup's my real father? How had I not known! I'm his son aren't I? How didn't he know? Suddenly rage overpowered me, causing me to collapse on the ground in one sobbing heap as my legs gave out from under me. I now realised how much they burned, probably from all the running. I leant up against something hard, but not caring to look to see what it was. I hugged my knees to my chest, to muffle the sobs and to keep my body insulated. The chill of the air trickled goosebumps all over my already shivering and quaking body half from the cold and half from the unstoppable sobs that wracked through my body.

Dad had taught me to be strong, but then he wasn't my dad anymore was he?

Dragons roared and squawked from all around me, everything moved, changed, like a current of a storm moving forward, on, never stopping till it reached its highest peak and comes plummeting down. Then - dissipates, into nothing. Like me.

Wow, what happened to trying to calm myself down? More tears cascaded down my already sorely swollen and red cheeks, no matter how many times my hands attempted to swipe them away. They just came back as fast as they were threw away.

Twigs cracked, leaves rustled and whispered shouts of "I swear I saw him go this way." made me face reality once again. No matter how terrifying it was.

I almost wanted to leap up, shout out to whoever they were that I'm here. I'm tired of being confused, scared. I would have, if it were Hiccup. But it wasn't.

Big guys with scars, trailed through the forest and by what they were saying I could only guess that they were looking for me. My breathing shallowed and droplets of sweat gathered on my forehead. If I was scared then I was definitely terrified-no-petrified now.

I leant back against the tree, trying to dissapear as much as I could. But only end up hurtling down a cliff, falling like rain towards the deep depths of the ocean.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact - that never came.

"Hey bud," I opened my eyes to a pair of matching bright green orbs, like mine. "Sorry I was late." he gave me a lopsided grin which I couldn't help but give back to him. I felt safer now. At least I wasn't alone.

"Dad."

SORRY FOR MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT, I HOPE IT WASN'T TOO LONG. HAD NO TIME WHATSOEVER TO REVISE DUE TO THE EXAMS, WHICH BY THE WAY I DON'T THINK I DID TOO WELL ON.

THEY WERE PRETTY SCARY AND HARD, BUT I MADE IT THROUGH THEM HAHA.

IT'S HALF TERM NOW SO EXPECT MORE UPDATES!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!