Chapter 15: arrival

Astrid

I sighed heavily slumping back onto the mossy, hard rock. The cold air biting at my skin. I shuddered at the feeling, you could tell that winter was coming pretty soon.

I crossed my arms together over my chest, trying to insulate my cold and now paled body. Stormfly gave a small squawk before snuggling up next to me, trying to warm me up.

"thanks girl" I thank her, smiling at her warmly. Although that's definitely not how I feel.

"I'm hungry" Ruff grumbled from beside me still sitting on Barf.

"me too" added Tuff, "my face is so frozen that I can't even feel it" Just then Ruff hit him hard round the face ast Tuff exclaimed, "didn't feel it!"

"that takes all the fun out of it!" Ruff whined. They had been doing this for a while and driving me insane in the process. I groan massaging my temple.

"will you guys just quit it?!" I snap at them, shutting them up... For now. I sigh again, trying to calm myself down. "where are they? They should be back by now" I asked myself worriedly but of course with the twins being the twins they just had to answer.

"maybe a giant dragon ate him?" Ruff suggested.

"or maybe he fell through a giant vortex into an entirely different dimension!"

"yeah!" they both agreed high fiving. I just groan, closing my eyes trying to block there annoying conversation and never ending fighting out.

"nope, still here" a voice startles me, a smile springing onto my frozen solid face.

"Hiccup!" I exclaim. Toothless goes bounding over to meet his master. "I'm so glad you're ok!" I say enveloping him in a tight embrace.

"hello still here!" Snotlout says from behind Hiccup. I just ignore him, hugging Hiccup tighter.

"Woah, woah, careful" he says releasing me from the hug. As I look at him I notice that he's carrying something hidden in a small blanket hung over his right shoulder.

"what's that?" I say anxiously, expecting the worst as Hiccup lifts this thing off of his broad shoulder, lying it onto the ground.

"you mean who.." he says, unwrapping the blanket to show a small blonde fair-haired boy. He looked about four in my opinion. His pale skin reflecting the sun. He was so small.

"who" I managed to say after a while as I looked at this gracious sight before me.

Hiccup shrugged admiring the boy along with me. "Matthew hey says his name is, poor boy was so tired he fell asleep in my arms"

"oh" I was still shocked. I don't know why but just seeing him brought back what happened in the past. With Stoick. But this wasn't him, he was another boy who had lost his parents. It was impossible.

I knelt down to the ground to examine this boy further, brushing back his hair to get a clear view of his face. I could swear that my heart stopped beating in my chest, my mouth went dry and my breathing shallowed as I looked at this boys face. Just touching him sent shivers down my spine.

His face was covered in sand so it was hard to notice any freckles, scars, birthmarks. His chest rose slightly with every new breath. I longed to look upon these boys eyes.

"I think we should let him rest," I managed to say after a while. Standing back up from my crouching position. Hiccup nods back at me once carrying this fragile life to our hut.

TERRIBLE, I KNOW BUT THE TIME WILL COME. ALL IN GOOD TIME. I'M ILL SO I HAD TIME TO UPDATE, BUT I'M SORRY THAT IT'S SHORT GOT A REALLY BAD HEADACHE, FORGIVE ME?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!