Chapter 59: Back to life

Astrid

Half starved, mouth parched, with a mind numbing pain coming from my stomach I stumbled my way through prickly thorns, scratching branches and soggy leaves.
Hand clutched to stomach, lips chapped and chafed against the assault of oncoming wind.

And I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I was. Well, if I could even call this life.

As squawks from strange creatures, and the whistle of wind through small holes carved in the trees, the cool blade of my axe soothed my jumpy nerves and I clutched it to me tightly, too afraid to let it go. It was my only lifeline.

I remembered how it had felt before, feeling helpless and alone.

And then suddenly, like flying from one moment to the next, I was gasping for air, starved of breath. It seemed like no matter how much I tried to breathe I just couldn't seem to gather enough air to bring me back to, well, life.

Struggling for probably several minutes, although it felt like hours, I'd glimpsed the shimmer of an axe lying against the side of a wall. My axe. I could tell instantly.

Suddenly breathing didn't seem like a task, although the pain was a hard thing to get through. So, with gritted teeth I'd managed to straighten myself up, grab my axe and finally - although it probably should have been the first thing I'd done - assess the room of which I seemed to be crowded in.

Wood. Wood planks everywhere. They made up the walls, the floorboards. Everything. The room I was in was small, granted but adequate. A makeshift bed in the centre, of which I'd appeared to be lying on, also seeming to be made of wood. A signature ensemble for this room, it appeared.

There were a few maps that were scattered here and there on one or two walls. A small lantern lit up in the corner, lighting up about half of the room. Whilst the window...

Window!

Forgetting about the pain that clawed at me from head to toe and the headache that seemed to want to pound out of my skull, I clambered on over to the window, partly shaded by some type of red cheap dirty cloth.

Pulling it aside with too much excitement for someone who'd only being awake for a couple of minutes, I was met with the burning sensation of the sun against my face and had to squint through the light. Cool crisp air stroked across my skin, and the smell of sea salt and moss tickled my nostrils. It felt as if this was the best breath of air I'd consumed on a lifetime.

I reached up to shade my eyes, looking up slightly at the sun. So wonderfully bright. How hadn't I noticed that before now?

Looking down, I finally was able to grasp onto what I was in or, more accurately, on. A boat. Well, more like a ship. Sea water surrounded the entire boat, explaining the sea salt smell. And suddenly the signature wood all made a whole lot of sense.

Of course it was made of wood.

Wanting to investigate this new world even more, I made a desperate dash for the door, turned the handle and - locked. Someone had locked me in.

The moss smell game back to me, just as sweet as ever.

And that's when I noticed the clothing I was wearing. Black dirty pants (a/n just so you know, here in the UK we'd call them trousers), a green shirt and a simple jacket made out of some wool I think. But this outfit - this smell - it reminded me of someone... Hiccup.

My eyes widened. Of course! How could I have stopped thinking! Hiccup!

And in a state of panic, all thought escaped me as I smashed the door down with a precisioned hit with my glistening axe.

It had all suddenly come rushing back to me, the pain in my stomach seeming to become worse than ever before.

Daggur. Hiccup. Stormfly. Merida. Stoick.

I had been in pain then. Weak. Tired. I had just wanted to sleep.

But then I'd never woken back up...

That is, until today.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ACTUALLY TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS! EVEN THOUGH IT TOOK ME AGES, I THINK IT TURNED OUT PRETTY WELL!

I'M GOING TO WRITE CHAPTER 60 TOMORROW, THEN 61 ON SUNDAY :)

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

ALSO I NEED MORE FOLLOWERS! I AM SO CLOSE TO 500! AND THAT IS CRAZY! THAT IS DEDICATION FROM YOU GUYS TO STICK WITH ME THROUGH THIS!

YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION, SHOUT OUT, I WILL READ ALL YOUR BOOKS AND FOLLOW YOU! (NOT LITERALLY BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A LITTLE STALKERISH!)

LOVE YOU GUYS!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx