Chapter 36: The truth

Hiccup

"Ow!" I yelp, dropping Astrids father onto the floor as I stubbed my toe on one of the loose floorboards. "Ow. Ow. Ow." I soothe my poor, innocent foot. It didn't deserve that. Plus it's my only good one. Astrids axe collection clattered to the floor as I leant onto the wooden wall of our small house. I look up to Astrid, glaring at me. I'm in for it.

"Hiccup, look what you did!" She screeched, rubbing the crinkles in her forehead that she gets when she's frustrated and angry. Mainly with me.

"It hurt." I grumbled, lowering down my injured foot.

"Stop being such a baby." She mutters, it's my turn to glare at her. After a while of just sending each other scowls, wondering who will back down first, I gave up. Reaching down to lift her father again. Astrid had already brought her mother inside, setting her on the couch. "Give me a hand, will you?" I grunt, attempting to pick him up by the head. Trust me, I don't want to be here when he wakes up. This would just be so awkward.

"You're such a fishbone." Astrid mumbles for the umpteenth time now. What she doesn't seem to get is that her father is heavier than her mum, so it obviously requires more muscle. That must be it.

"Am not." I shoot back indignantly, "I just have muscle growth problems..." I mutter lowly under my breath. Astrid sighs heavily, deciding not to retaliate although I was expecting it.

We grab hold of each end of her father dragging him onto the couch, then lazily slumping down onto the ground out of breath.

"So, what should we do with them?" Astrid asks after a while of heavy puffing, at least she's as effected as I am now.

"You're acting like they're dead bodies," I mutter, Astrid shoots me small glare daring me to rile her up further. I sigh, shrugging. "I don't know, what do you think?"

"Wow Hiccup, that seems like a great idea!" She enthuses sarcastically, waving her arms about.

"Fine," I give up, exhaling loudly like a sulky teenager, "How about we send them back where they came from?" I say seriously. Astrid throws me a pointed look.

"Hiccup, you can't be serious, they're my parents!"

"So?" I shrug absentmindedly examining my finger nails.

"So, they're my parents!" She repeats herself as if the first she said it hadn't sunk in.

"Well miss. They-Are-My-Parents, what do you suggest?" I give her a blank look.

"They stay here." She mutters petulantly as if that's the only option.

"What?!"

"They. Stay. Here." She repeats enthusiastically.

"No." I respond instantly.

She pouts, throwing out her bottom lip, "Why not?"

"Why? Why? Because they-"

"He." She corrects, I ignore her.

"Tried to kill me that's why!" I finish, almost in hysterics.

"It was an accident." She rolls her eyes up to Valhalla then back again.

"That's no excuse." I say pointedly, frowning at her."

"Hiccup."

"No." She pouts again.

"Please?"

"No." Her eyes become wider. Oh no, she's getting irresistible.

"Please Hiccup, please?" I take a moment to stare at her. I better not regret this.

"Fine." She squeals with delight, lunging at me. "Woah, woah, shh..." I calm her, looking towards her still sleeping parents who shuffled in their sleep at the disturbing noise.

"Mummy? Daddy?" A small voice whispers in disbelief from the corner of the room. My eyes turn instantly to the source. "Mummy? Daddy?" He says a bit louder, almost a high pitched squeal. Us?

"St-Matthew, whoever you are." I hear Snotlout shout, along with the creaking of the stairs with every step he took.

"M-matthew?" Another two voices entered the silence as Snotlout made it to the arch. He suddenly froze for some inexplicable reason, seeing us. What's wrong with him?

"Er, w-what's going on?" I ask, searching for an answer from any of them. After a heartbeat of shocked silence three voices filled the void of silence.

"Stoick." Snotlout. My face paled.

"Matthew." Astrids mum and dad. A small squeak joined in, turning to Astrid I knew straight a way who had made it. Astrid.

SORRY ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER I KNOW =( BUT NOT FOR LONG. CAN'T UPDATE TOMORROW AS IT'S MINE AND MY BROTHERS BIRTHDAY SO THE NEXT ONE WILL PROBABLY BE ON THURSDAY MAYBE.

BEEN FEELING REALLY DOWN LATELY, SO I GUESS THAT'S WHY I HAVENT  UPDATED, SORRY ABOUT THAT.

ANYWAYS, WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!