Chapter 53: Remember...

HEY GUYS, LONG TIME NO SEE, EH? SORRY ABOUT THAT... AGAIN. I'm A TERRIBLE AUTHOR AREN'T I? BUT AGAIN I'VE GOT EXAMS COMING UP, AND I'VE BEEN NECK DEEP IN REVISION, HOMEWORK, AND UNCOMPLETED COURSEWORK IT'S BECOMING A LIVING NIGHTMARE FOR ME.

OK SO I AM TYPING THIS ON THE LAPTOP FOR ONCE, SO IT MAY ACTUALLY END UP PRETTY LONG TODAY HOPEFULLY :D

THIS IS ALSO A SORT OF REMEMBRANCE CHAPTER, SEEING AS TODAY IT IS THE 11/11/2015 - REMEMBRANCE DAY AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO COMMEMORATE ALL THAT WE HAVE LOST, IN ORDER TO GAIN WHAT WE HAVE TODAY.

JUST LOOK AT WHO YOU ARE TODAY. THEN LOOK INTO THE SKY THIS EVENING. LOOK INTO THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF STARS SMOTHERING THE NIGHT SKY WITH LIGHT. FOR EACH ONE IS A SOLDIER. A PARENT. A GRANDPARENT. A CHILD. A SIBLING. SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN... BUT NOT BY US. AS WE TAKE/TOOK OUR 2 MINUTE SILENCE REMEMBER ALL THOSE WHO FOUGHT FOR US, DEFENDED US, LOVED US, ADORED US... AND DIED FORR US. AND KNOW THAT THEY'LL BE IN YOUR HEART FOREVER.

Hiccup

Do you remember that time before everything happened, dear Astrid? Before all the dragon racing was ever made, before Drago, before Toothless, before change? That first time I had ever set my eyes on those sea blue pools of light. Despite the pain that clouded them, there was still something left behind, something loving there. And when I looked at you, and you at me. Your bright toothy smile, though still pained, shining brightly at me; I just knew, right then and there, that we were destined to be together.

I now realise that over the years we drew apart, what with your parents leaving. I remember that was such a sad time, but for me it was one of the greatest. You'd turn to me to wipe away your tears, soothe your ever present nightmares. You'd turn to me to console you, to allow you to batter me with anguished insults, yet still be there with open arms for you to crawl into and pour your heart into my sleeve.

But as the weeks turned into months, and the months into years you grew up. And away from me. As time dragged on, I became almost like a ball and chain to you. So you tried to find a key to finally get rid of me. You ignored me, became friends with all the other 'meaner' vikings. You couldn't be caught with a guy like me. A fishbone. But was I hurt? Yes. But did I ever stop loving you, the girl you once were, this mighty fierce warrior you had become? Never.

Soon there was no Hiccup and Astrid, just a lousy fishbone. A person who failed at everything, accept losing your love. You started to feel more inclined to honour your parents memory, become the great vikings you only heard in legends and folklore. And you did. You made them proud, and if they could have seen you before, your courage, that fire gleaming in your eyes; then they would have done anything they could to never leave you. Just like me.

From the start you were my crush. Yeah, I'm a dork I know. From the sweet yet sad girl I'd fallen in love with, you had grown into such a strong and competent warrior; a true Viking. And if anything I fell even deeper.

Only I could really see it though, that glimpse of hurt, passion and love that you had buried feel within. You still had the heart of an angel, but I was the only one who seemed to even care to look. You'd probably call me a fishbone now, yeah you can call me on it. Because I would have rather faced the ridicule of being a fishbone, sent to sea to fend for myself just like any normal baby like me would be, than ever know that just by me ever knowing you, you are gone forever.

Yet I refuse to accept that. Why? I was always the boy with not one hurtful bone his body, I couldn't kill a dragon for Thors sake. But even after everyone else had turned on me... you didn't. You stood by me, fought with me... for me. That's why. That's why I could never let you go, just turn on you like that. No I'd need to bring you back. Even if that meant doing what the witch had said.

Maybe that's why I could never let you go...

~

A sharp knock at the door rushed me out of my thoughts, and brought me back to real life. How far we had come... how much we had lost.

I quickly cleared my throat before saying, "Y-yes?" - still a lousy fishbone. I scowled, and then smiled at my thoughts as a man wearing a green and red striped kilt, a plain white cloth of a vest shirt and a bear skin cloak sauntered in. He gave me a quick nod, before entering the room and journeyed towards the desk opposite me, depositing a silver tray on it. It was shiny.

"Your dinner, sir." He said curtly, before fleeing out of my room as fast as he'd came in. Hm.

I rubbed the creases out of my forehead. I couldn't sleep, no matter how much Merida tried to goad me into it. How could I? After all that the witch said there seemed to only be two options: exchange my soul for Astrids or live without Astrid forever. But which was the better one.

Too much thinking. I rubbed at my sore eyes again. I just knew that I couldn't lose her, couldn't let our only son live without his mum. I knew how that had felt, growing up from a babe, my only fatherly figure was really Gobber. My father, Stoick never did have enough time for me. And even when he did each moment was filled with more yelling, badgering, or complete and utter awkward silence. I couldn't do that to Stoick too, could I? At least Astrid could be there for him most of the time... unlike me. I mean, what sort of father could I be to him?

I slammed my head on the headboard in frustration. After visiting the witch, we-more so Merida-had decided that we should stay at the Kingdom of Dunbroch, due to the long sail I'd have to take to get back to Berk.

But could I go back to Berk and tell Stoick that his mum is never coming back? Or just send Astrid back, for me never to return ever again?

I was in an extremely large-over the top decent-room, of which had it's own bathroom! Seriously! Can you believe it? An en-suite Merida had called it. The floors were all made of a shiny wood, the bed a king sized one with giant drapes and bedposts surrounding it, it's covers could only be described as pure luxury, smothered in the smoothest of satiny sheets. A desk stood opposite the bed, a wooden chair tucked neatly underneath it. A door then lead on to a whole indoor closet filled with different clothes and shoes. A definite luxury here. Looking up at the ceiling, the entirety of it was painted to show a scene of a bear, and 3 cubs transforming into a woman and 3 sons.

There was only one word for it; breath-taking. Absolutely mind-blowing... how someone could reach that high to paint it.

I turned towards my 'dinner', wrinkling my nose up as there only appeared to be a silver thing on top of the plate, they expect me to eat that? I strolled over cautiously, noticing that there was a handle on top of silverware. I breathed heavily, readying myself in case something jumped out at me, you just never know. Here goes...

1

2

3

A whirlwind of smells overtook my senses, but not in the good way. As I breathed them in I could feel myself getting dizzier... sleepier... a decision suddenly overcame me as I fought the urge to sleep. Must save Astrid... Must save Astrid... Must save Astrid...

OOH WHAT'S HAPPENED GUYS? TROUBLE IN OUR MIDST?? WAH HAHA! *Splutters and gasps for breath* SORRY ABOUT THAT HEHE

ANYWAY...

I ACTUALLY GOT THE NEW HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON BOOK! IT COST £9.99 BUT EVERY PENNY WAS WORTH IT! I REACHED THE END OF PART ONE IN 3-4 HOURS NON-STOP READING. BUT NOW I'M TOO SCARED TO READ ON! WHAT IF ALL THE DRAGONS END UP EXTINCT??

Question: What do you guys think of the new book?

Question: Do you think the dragons will go extinct? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!)

SO... WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx