Epilogue

I know, I'm so sorry guys but I am finally back with the final part of this trilogy. It has been months since I last updated after losing the details to my account. It is now Christmas Day and with my new laptop I am now able to make a much better and detailed ending for you guys to enjoy.

As an update in case you were wondering, I completed my GCSE's on the 21st of June, and got my results on the 25th August 2016. I managed to get into my sixth form, doing my A-levels in Biology, Geography and Psychology to become a vet in the future.

Over this time I also acquired some new pets! We now have 14 in total, 2 gerbils called Digga and Oreo, a Syrian hamster called Honey, a roborovski dwarf hamster called Muffin, 2 Russian Dwarf hamsters called Cream and Demon, 2 lionhead rabbits called Smidge and Smudge, a mini lop rabbit called Timber, 4 guinea pigs called Elsie, Doris, Gidget and Dory. And finally a goldfish called Albert!

Well that's enough about me! So let's continue...

10 years later

Hiccup

Time has passed by as fast as a storm across the sea, as it shakes the land and sea, yet still manages to thrive and flourish. Just like a bolt of lightning, shot down from Thors mighty hammer. But we're still here. Berk still thrives.

My father's statue looks down upon us, with gratitude, peace, or maybe with a sense of pride of how far we have come. Rising up from what we've lost, and never losing that sense of hope that still clings onto our very soul.

We have fought many battles - lost a lot of people. Gained enemies, allies, and forever friends. But really I think I've gained the most, as I sit here writing this now, I can look back upon everything. I don't feel regret, guilt, or think about the 'what ifs' because I have done all that I can. Saved what I could save. Although, it may not be enough, I can't go back in time. Fix everything, bring my father back. But somehow I know that he's looked down upon us with honour, knowing that Berk is as strong as ever. Even without his domineering hand to pitch in.

Anyway, he lives happily with my mum now. She died from natural causes about two years ago. She was ecstatic when Astrid became pregnant again, doing what any grandmother would. Nothing like the first birth she had, everything was planned out thanks to my overly prepared and excited mother. It was as if she was the pregnant one, not Astrid. Although, I didn't know her as much as I did my father she was the best mom I could ever ask for. Even dad knew that now, at least they are together at last...

***

Closing my notebook with a sigh, I move my charcoal pencil to the side. A small smile turning the sides of my lips up slightly. At least they are together.

"Daddy!" I hear a small ecstatic squeal come tumbling up the stairs and into my arms, a bundling  small 5 year old struggling up the stairs. Hera, our new daughter. Astrid was ecstatic, after finally having the girl that she had only dreamt of. Unfortunately, after we found out Astrid had become pregnant and almost died, she'd lost the baby - it had taken Astrid months to recover from the loss, but she finally did. We were told that was the end for us. That Astrid would never be able to have another child. It had taken us awhile to come to terms with it - we had Stoick and that was all we needed. But then, 10 years after Stoick, this little miracle was born. She was so tiny when she was born, I can just imagine holding her now. Auburn brown hair, just like my own along with my green eyes and Astrid's boisterous nature. The only thing Astrid wasn't too fond about. I chuckle, reminiscing mine and Astrids argument on the matter. It's not like we could just swap her, it didn't mean that she loved her any less though - oh no. She looked too much like me for that. I'm only teasing!

I watch as she comes bundling into my study, still unsteady upon her feet. Yak milk in her right hand and a Stormfly doll - her favourite toy - in her other. Most of the yak milk down her Gobber-made pinafore. Her hair also, despite the fact that it was help up in two cute bunches either side of her small head. A little bit of it is smeared across her upper lip, but she doesn't seem to notice as she totters in. Dropping both the milk and doll, she leaps onto my lap earning a groan from me.