Chapter 26: Confession (1)

Astrid

I rubbed my forehead, trying to erase the creases that had formed due to Snotlouts constant droning, flirting, and insults about Hiccup.

"look I don't know why you'd choose Hiccup over me-" he begun... again.

"Snotlout, please, we've been through this like 20 times already!" I shouted at him.

"I mean I'm much meaner, a proper fighter, braver, manlier and not to mention handsomer." he says, completely ignoring my previous acknowledgement. Wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"and there goes my lunch." I pretend to puke, this still doesn't seem to off put him.

"I am everything any viking-woman could ever dream of-"

"enough Snotlout! Enough..." I first shouted before calming myself once again. "I love him, I love Hiccup, with all my heart! But now I think I'm losing him, after all those years of fighting for him, loving him. Then pushing him away when he knew I needed him most. All that time, he was probably dying inside. But did I care? No! I didn't even think about his feelings, his son dissapeared too. Our son. He never gave up, on him or me.

"Only, now everything's changed. I'm seeing things that I hadn't seen before. H-his pain, his sorrow-" I choked on my tears that were now flowing down my cheeks, being blown away by the ever coming wind. "how could I not have noticed it before?" I questioned myself. "I was just so full of self pity. I just-" I sighed, turning my head towards the ground. "He doesn't deserve someone like me."

"Astrid, yes he-" I didn't want anymore comfort, not from Snotlout, Hiccup anyone. I didn't deserve it.

"No!" I yelled at him, causing him and Hookfang to cower back. "I don't want any sympathy, I don't want your pity. It's true, I-it's all true. That's why my parents abandoned me, isn't it? They knew that I was never good enough, I was like this." I gestured towards myself, "always screwing things up, myself, my own child, Hiccup...

"They were right, but I was too dumb to even notice it. Hiccups the saviour, Hiccups the hero. Not me. Not me." I repeated, shaking my head.

Snotlouts face was unrecognisable, tilting his head trying to decipher me. As if I was infixable, a nutcase that needed to be shipped off the island. I probably was.

But what surprised me was when he leapt off of Hookfang, and onto Stormfly. Then wrapping his arms around me like a blanket of snow. My mouth stood agape for a couple of moments before I fell into the hug. Slowing Stormfly down in the process so that we wouldn't fall off.

Tears strolled down my face as if they had been piling up in my tear ducts, ready to fall at any moment such as this.

"S-Snotlout," I sniffed. "what am I going to do? It's all over, I've lost him in the process of losing myself." he chuckled lightly, causing his chest to rock up and down and vibrate.

"Astrid that's impossible..." he said, shaking his head.

"how?" I asked confused.

"you're already lost." I punched him, breaking the hug and causing him to cradle his now freshly bruised arm. "OK, not so much." I shook my head, forcing back a smile. "but seriously, it's impossible." I raised my eyebrows at him. "he loves you too much to let that happen." he answers my unspoken question.

"who are you, and what have you done with Hiccups cousin?" I asked him teasingly, no longer forcing a smile. A full on full - toothed grin covered my aching face.

"forever Astrid." he grunted again, leaping off of Stormfly and back onto Hookfang again.

"forever Snotlout." I nod at him. Causing a low chuckle to erupt from his lips before his face was covered with his normal expression.

"hey, I thought we were supposed to be looking for the twins?" he states, nodding towards the unsearched forest below.

"oh gees-"

"don't worry babe, no need for excuses, you were just so captivated by this." he says flexing and kissing his overripe muscles.

"and he's back!" I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"that's where you're wrong babe, I never left." he chuckled, whilst I just shook mh head with as much enthusiasm as I could muster, that is before he said,"hey, can you smell smoke?"

SORRY IF IT'S SHORT BUT I PROMISED THAT THERE'D BE AN UPDATE TODAY SO HERE IT IS.

I'M AT MY NANS SO THE INTERNET IS TERRIBLE BUT I'M LEARNING TO DEAL WITH IT. SISTERS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY AT THE MOMENT, SO TO BLOCK 'EM OUT I THOUGHT I'D WRITE.

MY LITTLEST SISTERS TURNED 4 LAST FRIDAY SO SHE'S USING THAT EXCUSE FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING NOW. OH WELL, THAT'S LIFE ME. HEHE.

NEXT UPDATE WILL PROBABLY BE EITHER TOMORROW, MONDAY OR TUESDAY. STILL GOT SCHOOL LESSONS FROM MONDAY-WEDNESDAY. THURSDAY IS THANKFULLY HALF A DAY, NO LESSONS SO I MAY UPDATE THEN, DEPENDS ON HOW ROUGH SCHOOL IS, BUT I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED ON MY PROFILE, OR IN THE COMMENTS, MOST LIKELY TOMORROW THOUGH.

HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING A GREAT DECEMBER SO FAR!

QUESTION: Is it snowing where you guys are now?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!