Chapter 14: Strangers

Stoick/Matthew (a/n new pov XD)

"mama, papa?" I sniffle, shivering under the cold sunlight, as my trembling hands try to reach for the loose, wet sand trying to haul myself back onto my weary feet.

I had never been without my mother or father until this very moment. Everything seemed strange, scary even. The trees creating shadows over the golden sand, which looked more like scary monsters. Strange noises could be heard coming out from the darkness of the strange forest.

I had no idea where I was, I was lost. But I had never been lost before so I had no idea what to do. Scanning the horizon, I shiver again. Tensing my small shoulders and hunching my back, whilst crossing my arms trying to insulate myself.

My rapid breathing quickened, spinning on my heels back around to look at the forest. Branches breaking signaling someone was coming.

"mama, papa?" I manage to squeak out. I can hear the crunching of the sand, footprints following me as I back away towards the sea.

"are you sure it was Thors beach Snotlout?" I heard someone say sighing, getting closer.

"of course! I'm not as dumb as you think Hiccup!" I tried to calm my breathing down, my heart thumping so hard against my chest that I swear that they might hear it.

"but first you said it was the north beach, no one there, then the west beach, then-"

"ok, I get it Hiccup!" someone snapped to Hiccup? "but I am positive this time!"

I moved backwards again as I felt the coldness of the ocean, making me squeak and jump. I covered my mouth in an instant, but it was too late they heard me.

Hiccup

We had been searching for this so called 'shipwreck' for hours now without any luck. Astrid had taken the eastern, South and Odins beach with the twins whilst I'm stuck with my cousin, Snotlout, searching the North, West and Thors beach.

"how could you forget what beach you saw the shipwreck at?" I grumbled, eying my cousin. We had already searched both the north and eastern beaches and now were trampling through the forest on conquest for Thors beach. I had left Toothless with Astrid, seeing her getting hurt is the last thing I need to worry about.

"I don't know, I-" he shook his head, as I looked at him expectantly, "just shut up..." he mumbled as we continued on towards the beach. Gulls assuring us that we're close.

"are you sure it was Thors beach, Snotlout?" I sighed tiredly looking at my snobby cousin.

"of course! I'm not as dumb as you think Hiccup!" I shake my head, does he really want me to challenge that?

"but first you said it was the north beach, no one there, then the west beach, then-" I pointed out but was cut off by his angered growl.

"ok, I get it Hiccup!" he snapped "but I am positive this time!" he continued.

"of course you are..." I grumbled as he shot daggers at me. I was about to remove the final branch standing in the way of our destination when we heard a,

"eep!" I looked back at Snotlout who had put his hands up signaling that it wasn't him, then who was it?

"is anybody there?" I say pulling the branch away to clear my view, as I scanned the beach. Which was seemingly deserted until I saw a pair oft beady green eyes poking out from behind a barrel.

"I'm not afraid of you" he trembled, still hiding behind the barrel. It sounded like a child.

"hey, hey, we won't hurt you, I'm Hiccup, and this is Snotlout,"

"hey I can introduce myself thank you very much!" he said defiantly as I continued to speak to the young child, ignoring my cousins snark remark.

"why don't you come out?" I urged him.

"but you're strangers, I'm not aloud to talk to strangers..." he squeaked cowering even more as he eyed me closely.

"I'm not a stranger anymore, you know my name, now may I know yours? You can trust me," I say as he finally stands up, as I look at this small boy before me, with golden blonde hair like Astrids and beady, emerald green eyes with a pale complexion.

"I-I'm Matthew," the boy stuttered. I walked up to him, as he took a step back.

"you can trust me" I repeated, he nodded his head slowly. Covering the small distance between us. I took the small boy in my arms as he wrapped his arms around my neck tightly.

"you're safe now, Matthew"

SO HELLO GUYS!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! I HAD ONLY ONE TEST TODAY, WHICH WAS MY GEOGRAPHY AND I THINK I DID ALRIGHT. MY R.E. TEST HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO NEXT TUESDAY SO ALL GOOD!

ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

THANK YOU TO,

@Wolfygrace

@JEliseWilliams

@SecretlyNerd

@KennedyroseForde

AND

@shot_for_the_sky FOR COMMENTING AND TAKING PART IN THE DARE, THE RIGHT ANSWERS WERE 2, 5, 13, 18 AND 24

2 - I have two brothers - I HAVE ONLY ONE BROTHER WHO IS IN FACT MY TWIN, SO ANNOYING BUT I HAVE TO LIVE WITH HIM. BUT I DO HAVE 3 SISTERS! POOR HIM...

4 - I'm the eldest - NO I'M NOT, ALTHOUGH I PROBABLY WOULD BE IF MY BROTHER HADN'T BEEN UPSIDE DOWN AND MADE MY MUM HAVE TO GO THOUGH C-SECTION, TYPICAL BROTHER. HE'S OLDER BY JUST A MINUTE WHICH ACCORDING TO THE DOCTORS WAS THEIR FASTEST TIME YET. THEY ALSO SAID THAT I KICKED HIM IN THE HEAD IN THE WOMB AS HE CAME OUT WITH A GIANT LUMP ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD, BUT I'M SURE HE DESERVED IT! XD

13 - I'm a belieber - A BELIEBER?! NO, JUST NO... -_-

18 - I am a socialist - I AM ANYTHING BUT SOCIAL... I HAVE NO FRIENDS (AT SCHOOL ANYWAY) AND HANG AROUND WITH MY BROTHER, OR RATHER HE HANGS AROUND WITH ME...

24 - I have blue eyes - LIES! I HAVE DARK BROWN EYES AS DOES MY BROTHER AND SISTERS, WHICH WE GOT OFF MY MUM, MY DAD HOW EVER HAS BLUE EYES.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO @TheCoolestAstrid FOR DARING ME! BYE!