Chapter 57: Sacrifices

Merida

"Merida? Merida, dearie are you alright?" My eyelids fluttered open at the mention of my name, a ragged moan escaping my lips.

"Wh-what happened?" I stuttered out, coming out as more of a wheeze. My vision was fuzzy and my brain had obviously deserted me once again in my time of desperate need. I tried to move only to have a flash of pain burn its way up and down my arm.

"No. Don't move, Red, you'll mess up the stitches." She scolded me, in that way that most mothers do. However, this being mild when compared to my mum. If only I could see her face... Wait, stitches?

"Wha-" I attempted to cough away the tightness of my desert like throat. "-stit-ches?" I stuttered out, finishing on yet another loud cough.

"Yes, you cut pretty deep, no wonder you passed out." She tutted, almost admiringly.

"C-cut?" I gasped out, "Passed o-out?" Another cough.

"Sh, sh, now pet. Just calm down, and rest." She said calmly, pulling some sort of blanket up and over my shoulders. I hissed out a breath as it grazed over my obviously new stitches. She quickly muttered what I think was an apology, before I could hear her light footsteps scuttling further away from me.

But wanting nothing more than to embrace the warm cloak of sleep, and leave all the strange thoughts and pain behind. I did just that; I went to sleep.

Hiccup

Twigs snapped from behind me, and I whisked around only to find a sorry looking Snotlout, who just shrugged my shoulders at my glare.

"That is the tenth time now Snotlout!" I snapped at him, "What don't you get by 'be quiet', hm?"

"Er... The quiet part?" He asked, more than stated. I held back a groan as I continued to walk through the woods. Toothless by my side.

The other dragons were scouting up ahead with the others, leaving Snotlout and me together. Definitely not one of my brightest ideas.

*snap*

I whirled back around, "Will you-" only to be tackled by someone from behind, my arms were bent backwards and my breath was rushed out of me as I hit the muddy floor with a thud.

Looking up, my eyes roamed around to find any trace of Snotlout who had seemingly dissappeared. However, looking at a patch of leaves which seemed to have been swept away by something heavy he had... fainted?

Definitely not a Snotlout thing.

I tried to turn to see Toothless, only to have my arms squeezed behind me tighter, my shoulders burning as if they were about to be popped out of their sockets. Why wasn't he helping?

"What are you doing here?" A croaky voice snapped from behind me. Tugging my arms tighter towards my attacker.

I should have been afraid. I should have fought back.

But I knew that voice...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I KNOW I'M LATE :/ BUT I HAD WRITERS BLOCK SO I HAD TO THINK OF WHAT TO WRITE NEXT. I'VE HAD THE MERIDA PART WRITTEN FOR AGES, EVER SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER WAS PUBLISHED BUT I JUST DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT... NOW I DO HEHEHE

ANYWAYS... I GOT GERBILS :D I AM SO HAPPY! YOU GUYS KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE ANIMALS, AND I WANTED RATS BUT I COULDN'T AFFORD THE CAGE :/ SO I PICKED GERBILS INSTEAD :D

THEY'RE CALLED DIGGA AND AERO.

NOW FOR THE VOTING THING HERE... WHAT BOOK OUT OF ANY OF MINE WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUBLISH A CHAPTER FOR NEXT?

IT COULD BE "WITH HICCUP...", "FOREVER AND ALWAYS", "HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS" ABSOLUTELY ANY OF THEM. PLUS AN UPDATE FROM THIS BOOK TOO.
ANYWAY I LOVE YOU GUYS, I HOPE YOU HAD A REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A GREAT CHRISTMAS... UNTIL NEXT TIME!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx