Chapter 17: Meet Hiccup

Stoick/Matthew

"mama..." I mumble slightly trying to pry my eyes open. Twisting in the soft covers. It has been so long since I've felt like this; So warm, so protected. I smiled at the smell that engulfed me, forest and berries, it smelt kind of familiar and sweet.

I yawn slightly, stretching my arms wide, urging my body to wake up. My lids finally lift up, as my eyes begin to dart around the unfamiliar room.

This isn't my room. This isn't our boat. Mama and Papas not here. Where are am I? All these things began to cloud and circle my mind, as I tried to make sense of the situation of which I had found myself in.

The room was small, and the blankets were woolen covering my entire body from head to toe. The smell still lingered in my nostrils. I had smelt it somewhere before, it was familiar but it obviously wasn't dad's smell.

A small candle flickered endlessly on the bedside table beside me, brightening the room up slightly. I leant over to reach for, presumably, a cup of water. Which it was. My mouth was dry along with my sore throat, which tasted of the sea of which I had once been in.

"glad to see you're awake" a voice startles me. I dropped the cup back onto the table, my eyes snapping back towards the now open wooden door, of which a man was now standing at. "you remember me right, Matthew?" I don't reply, just nod. I'm scared.

He begins to strut towards the bed that I am on as I move backwards curling my legs up and holding them towards my chest. Repositioning myself against the hard, paneled wall.

"hey, it's ok you're safe now" he reassures me "I hope you don't mind, but I brought you back to my house. You were freezing, and obviously thirsty" he said nodding towards the now empty cup.

"H-hiccup?" I stutter, unsure of his name.

"yes, glad you remember" he chuckles, nudging my shoulder playfully. I just nod my head again. "not much of a talker, are ya?" he says, as I just shake my head to the sound of another light chuckle from him.

"t-thank you" I manage to get out. It felt weird talking to this man.

"your welcome, you alright now?"

"yeah, I think so" I say, touching my head to make sure.

"you sure?"

"yeah" I nod, loosening up a bit and releasing my legs from my hold. "where's my mama and papa?"

"who?" he asks me confusedly.

"my mama and papa" I repeat myself, "they were with me on the boat, and when we were in the sea and then-" he cuts me off as I begin to hyperventilate.

"hey! Hey! it's ok, calm down" he says, holding onto my shoulders reassuringly. "we'll find them" he says, smiling at me sincerely.

I nod my head, "thank you, sir" I thank him.

"call me Hiccup" he says.

"Hiccup" I test his name.

He chuckles shaking his auburn head. "come down when you're ready, I've got someone who wants to meet you" he says, lifting himself off of the bed and walking towards the door. "it was nice talking to you, Matthew"

"you too Hiccup" I say as he leaves the room closing the door behind him.

SORRY IT'S LATE! I WAS KIND OF BUSY YESTERDAY AND I DECIDED TO UPDATE 'WITH HICCUP...' INSTEAD AS I HADN'T UPDATED IT IN A WHILE, THEN I WAS DOING A BUNCH OF REVISION FOR MY HISTORY TEST TOMORROW AND HOMEWORK, SO SORRY!

I KNOW IT WAS PROBABLY REALLY TERRIBLE, AND I APOLOGISE, I REALLY AM SORRY. JUST BEEN FEELING OFF TURN LATELY SO AGAIN, I'M SINCERELY SORRY!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!