Chapter 48: Everything has changed

Hiccup

Everything has changed. Life is not the same. There's no one there to tell my corny jokes to, who will point out how much of a Fishbone I am. No one to make me the most puke - worthy food on the planet, like yaknog at Snoggletog.

There's no one there to shout insults at me as we race to itchy armpit, where I'd slow Toothless down just to see her whooping for joy with that white toothed smile of hers.

No one there to comfort me, to give me hope that the next day is going to be much better than the last... because she'd be there.

She'd be there to laugh at my corny jokes, to make me be sick every day with her horribly amazing cooking skills and she'd be there to taunt and mock me when I lose, just for her, yet again.

But she won't.

"Dad?" I looked up to see Stoick standing in the doorway, eyes looking fearful and wary. It had been one week since that incident had happened, one week since Astrid had said goodbye, and told me to look after Stoick whilst she's gone. I sighed, putting the pillow that still smelt of her to the side.

It still carried her scent, that scent of trees and the warm summer air.

I waved Stoick over, watching as he dawdled forward. When he stopped in front of me, I put my hands on his hips and placed him on my lap.

"Hey bud," I forced a smile, it seemed to come easier than it had a couple of days ago. I guess time eases pain.

"Dad, you're not the same are you?" He asked, eyes searching mine. Those green eyes just like mine.

I combed my spare hand through his blonde locks. Just like Astrids.

I gave out another longingful sigh, wishing that I could lie, or that I could tell the truth and that it would actually be the truth like 'I'm fine' or 'I'll get over it'. But that'd be a lie.

So I just simply bowed my head into my son's shoulder and let the tears fall saying the one word that would finally break me, "No." And I cried, no, I sobbed and sniffled and mourned thinking of our entire situation. It should be Stoick seeking comfort in me, yet here I was-being a total Fishbone as Astrid would say- and for once letting someone else comfort me.

Warm small arms wrapped around me as Stoick turned in my lap, but all I could do was wish that it was Astrid holding me, comforting me, loving me. But then I couldn't care less, letting myself cry more than I ever had, even more than when my own father had died, feeling more pain than I did when I lost half my leg, more alone than I was before Toothless; when I was an outcast.

I was so so alone, and lost, depressed, destroyed and angry. Angry with myself. Angry at my friends. But then... I also felt loved. And cherished. That my son, out of anyone else was hugging me right now. I had lost him once, but never again. I would cherish my wife's last words, and raise our son just like she wanted.

But all thoughts were suddenly stopped as the door slammed against the side of the wall as a head of red curls barged, as if on a mission of life or death, right into my room.

Snotlout

Everything has changed. Hiccup was never outside anymore, Toothless pawing at the door and stomping on the roof to get his attention yet even Toothless was left bewildered and depressed.

The entire village had hit a major turning point, going from once a happy, joyful bunch of hooligans into a gloomy and depressed place to be. Dragons were rarely flewn and villagers only came out if they needed something essential. But other than that it was like a ghost town. Or village. Whatever.

But the worst off was Stormfly. She would pound on Hiccups roof too, hoping that maybe Astrid would come out and take her on one of their common midnight flights. But she never did. And Stormfly refused to let anyone else fly her, she was Astrids dragon, and she'd always remain loyal to Astrid.

But I don't think that Hiccup gets how we were mourning too, heck, even the entire village was in shock and upset about our chiefess and sympathetic towards our chief.

No one was more upset though than Hiccup right now, I mean everything has changed.

HEY GUYS! I UPDATED AGAIN I HOPE THIS WAS QUICK ENOUGH WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT PERFECT!

NOW TELL ME: Did you cry?

BECAUSE IF YOU DID THEN AT LEAST I DID SOMETHING RIGHT! TELL ME HOW YOU'RE FEELING RIGHT NOW...

AND I'LL UPDATE ON MONDAY... OR SOONER!

SO DON'T FORGET TO...

COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

<3 YOU LOTS GUYS!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx