Chapter 7: Time flies

HELLO GUYS! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY, I HAD SO MUCH HOMEWORK AND I'M REVISING FOR A COOKING AND MATHS TEST TOMORROW SO SORRY! HOPEFULLY I WILL UPDATE TOMORROW, BUT I WAS THINKING THAT I MAY MAKE MY UPDATES WEEKLY?

SO THAT'S IT REALLY, I HAVE DECIDED TO TIME SKIP FORWARD ABOUT, 4 YEARS, SO STOICKS FIVE OK? OK...

THANK YOU KennedyroseForde FOR THE COMMENT!

Four years later...

Astreen

I hide behind a barrel of salmon, breathing in heavily, my heart beating in a fast rythm. I can feel my pulse beat against my wrist and my neck. My breathing shaky.

I grip my stomach trying to ease the pain from a stich from running too much. I move quickly and as quietly as I can, towards a nearby tree, trying not to be noticed.

I hide behind the giant tree, digging my nails into its hard bark. My eyes dart around my surroundings, tracing for any sight of movement through the seemingly secluded forest. I feel a heavy weight on my back as I let out a gasp.

"got you!" I hear a familiar voice, laughing joyfully behind me. I smile, removing him from my back.

"you sure have!" he beams up at me, for some strange reason that face would always remind me of my daughter, the one of whom I was forced to abandon, to never see again.

"what's wrong mommy?" I look at his tiny worried face.

"nothing," I sigh gripping onto his shoulders tightly, as I smiled reassuringly at him. "now go find your father!" I chuckle, playfully slapping his bottom.

"ok!" he giggles running into the giant forest, I breathe out heavily. I lean my head on to the tree of which I had been hiding behind.

Words couldn't explain what I felt, I thought that with Matthew I would forget about her, forget about Berk, about the past.

I then feel someones firm grip on my shoulders. "Matty's looking for you, you know..."

"I know.." he chuckled. I turn around, my gaze meeting his. "thinking about her again?"

"when do I not?" I reply, leaning onto his husky shoulders, breathing in his tantalising scent.

"We have to move on Ast,"

"I can't!" I exclaim, detaching myself from him. "the only good thing that came out of are miserable lives was snatched right from us!"

"I know, but we have another good thing now, Matthew, and even though he isn't our real son that doesn't change the fact that he was sent to us, Great Odin himself guided him towards us," I smile at him as he kisses my bottom lip tenderly.

"you're right" I say snuggling into his warm embrace as his lips reach for mine once again.

"I found y- ewww!" a small voice interrupts us. I chuckle slightly at Matthews grossed our faces as he pretended to hold back sick. "and my lunch is in my mouth," my mind stretches back... but I just shake the thoughts away, patting little Matthews head as I kneel down, meeting Matthews small height.

"I think we better go...." Tiran speaks up, nodding towards the sky above. I follow his gaze, as I notice the overbearing black tinted clouds heading our way. I nod back at him.

"ok Matthew let's go..." I say pushing him forward towards the beach.

"what's happening mummy, what's wrong?"

"nothing," I say trying not to worry him, "but we need to go," Tiran lifts up the barrels of fish carrying them onto the deck of our ship. It was still exactly the same apart from a few new wooden planks which had broken over the few years, we couldn't afford much else.

"go inside," he orders me.

"Tiran-"

"go!" he shouts, but then looks at me pleadingly, "please," I nod, picking Matthew up and running inside to the lower deck.

"where's daddy?" he says as I lock the door behind us.

"don't worry, he's ok, we're going to be ok..."

SO HOW WAS IT? GOOD?

BAD?

I HOPE IT WAS OK! AND DO YOU THINK HE'S THE RIGHT AGE NOW?

I HOPE SO... HICCUP AND ASTRID ARE NEXT CHAPTER! AND THEN BACK TO MATTHEW...

SO PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK! IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

LOVE YOU GUYS!

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!