Chapter 18: for a moment

Hiccup

"you too Hiccup" he had replied. I gave him a curt nod before closing the door firmly behind me to give him some privacy.

Decending the stairs, I could hear the constant rambling and muttering. Coming from none other than my beautiful wife, Astrid. Her beautiful baby blue eyes fixated on the raging open fire before her.

A creak from a step on the uneven floor boards led to her tear stained face shooting right up to meet me.

"Astrid?" I asked. A mixture of confusion and sympathy clouding my words. "are you alright?"

Without saying a single word, her head snapped back, watching the fire dance merrily in odd wavy orange and red patterns.

For a moment I thought I had her back. For a moment I thought things were back to normal again. For a moment I thought we were happy. She was happy. But I guess things are never as they appear.

Sighing, I ruffle my auburn locks with my right hand awkwardly. Stuck on what to do next. What to say. But during this particular situation nothing came to mind. 

The small squeak of the hinges of a door, made my head swirl back around to meet the small boy before me.

Actually looking at him now, he looked a lot smaller than I had first thought. His arms and legs all gangly and skinny, his blond locks curly and thick, matching Astrids. Not to mention his fairly pale complexion which was much more apparent in the lighting of the house.

But my eyes never left those green eyes of his. It was like his soul was locked into mine. As if we were connected by some sort of force.

"hey" was all he said as he clung onto his soft pale arms awkwardly.

Well here we go...

HEY GUYS! I'M SO SORRY IT'S LATE! I'VE JUST GOT A LOT GOING ON, NONE OF IT PLEASANT! I SWEAR I'M JINXED, WITH NOW BROKEN FINGERS ON MY RIGHT HAND WHICH IS WHY IT'S UNFORTUANATELY SHORT! SORRY!

PEOPLE AT MY SCHOOL ARE NO HELP EITHER. THEY'RE ALL HORRIBLE, BUT I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO BEAR WITH IT.

GOT A WEEK OFF SCHOOL NEXT WEEK YIPPEE! SO THAT MEANS MORE UPDATE'S! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO @TheRipper147 FOR BEING MY 150TH FOLLOWER! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU ALL MEAN SO MUCH TO ME!!!! I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS THOUGHT I WOULD EVER GET THIS FAR BUT HERE I AM! ALL THANKS TO YOU GUYS! HERE HAVE A DONUT! *THROWS DONUT TO YOU* XD

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!