Chapter 45: My hero

Astrid

The putrid smell of rotting fish clouded my nostrils, filling it with its scent. It made me want to hurl, it's aroma thickening the air as it circled the room. I swung my head to the side hoping to escape the smell, but failing. My eyes began to mist, watering as nausea began to fill me, building up in my throat. I groaned, trying to hold it back whilst blinking at the forming tears that were quickly filling up my tear ducts.

"Grea' she's finalla awake!" Merida sniffed in annoyance. "I told ya we should have gon' with da smelling fish firs'! You two are too soft." She grumbled in her thick Scottish accent, pushing her red curls away from her eyes in frustration. Her wicked smirk seemed to widen as my eyes began to blink open further.

"Shut it girl!" Dagur snarled, turning on Merida. "We didn't have to bring you along, you know?"

"I know." Merida smirked at him, cocking her hip. "You just didn't have a choice."

"Ladies, ladies, please," Claud tried to reason. Dagur glared at him, gripping his sheathed sword tighter. "Save it for another time. We have... company." He grinned at me, his eyes flashing with something unbeknownst to me.

"Get that... away from... me." I gasped out, trying to avoid the smell. Merida gave me an evil smile, but eventually complied to my request. She moved the rotting fish away from me and I gulped in a huge breath of sweet, clear air. A chuckle erupted from in front of me, it was then that I noticed the rope that bound my hands to arms of the wooden chair. Great. As if I thought that they would be stupid enough to leave me unbound. Well, maybe a little.

"What's wrong sweetheart? A little... stuck?" Dagur gave a harsh laugh, as I attempted to tug on my restraints. One thing popped into my mind suddenly; at least they're not chains.

I quickly assessed the dark and soggy room. Room? More like jail cell! With rott covering most of the walls along with the wooden door, it only added to the affect. Not such a good thing. A small barred window was over to my right, allowing a small amount of light to enter the room. If it wasn't for the small lamp in the corner the cell would be almost drowned in darkness.

Both the walls and floor were paved with cool, slanted grey stone. The only furniture that seemed to fill the room was the chair I was sitting on and a bucket over in the left corner by the cell door. I really did not want to know what that was for.

I struggled in my restraints again, hoping to find a weakness in the rope, but let's face it. Dagur had had a lot of practice due to many escapees before me. I might as well open my eyes and face the music. There was no way I was getting out of this one. I stilled my struggling arms.

"That's what I thought." he said gleefully, glad that he was right. His smirk was malicious, evil, with something else hidden behind it. Something with a much far worse intent in its wake. I really wasn't looking forward to finding out what it was...

Dagur reached forward to stroke my cheek, but I didn't struggle. Instead I lifted my head up with a smug all-knowing grin set on my face. His hand snapped back to his side, eyes narrowing.

"What?" He snapped, Claud joined in with the curious glare. Merida rolled her eyes.

"You all need to stop piddlin' about! Have you forgotten the plan alreaday?"

"Shut it girl!" Dagur snarled again, turning his attention over to Merida. "Don't make me make you." Merida silenced herself almost immediately turning to glare at me.

But my grin didn't falter. If anything it widened, almost splitting my face in two. I would make history if I could draw a picture of their expressions at the moment. I know that I shouldn't but I couldn't help the giggles that erupted from me as I took this sight in.

Dagur stalked up to me, grabbing my shoulders tight enough that they hurt, lifting the chair off the ground with me on it and shaking me. My head rolled around, but I wouldn't stop laughing. I couldn't. "What. Is. It?!" He almost screamed at me, my ears rang but I didn't care. I just leant forward till our noses were inches away. Breathing,

"That was what I thought too." And Before Dagur could even answer swords were flailing, dragons were bellowing fire and Hooligans were screaming the Hooligan cry at the top of their lungs. 

Most of the time it was hard trying to keep track of everything. My eyes wandered all over the place, looking towards my saviour whose smile was infectious, as our son stood beside him all tall and proud. Just like his father.  Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, my husband.

HEY GUYS! WOW, I FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER! HALF OF IT WAS ALREADY DONE, BUT EVENTUALLY I MANAGED TO THINK OF WHAT TO WRITE.

I JUST REALLY WANTED TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR REALLY NICE AND ENCOURAGING COMMENTS ON THE AUTHORS NOTE. I JUST REALLY HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A TOUGH TIME RECENTLY, WHAT WITH EXAMS, HOMEWORK, BULLIES, PHYSIO ETC. I JUST HAVEN'T HAD MUCH TIME TO WRITE.

I ALSO GOT QUITE STRESSED ABOUT IT 'CAUSE I JUST FELT SO BAD NOT WRITING. WRITING IS MY LIFE AND I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH, I COULDN'T EVER THINK OF NOT WRITING Y'KNOW?

SO HUGS TO ALL YOU AMAZING READERS OUT THERE. THANKS FOR STICKING WITH SUCH A BAD AUTHOR

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!