Chapter 54: Valhalla?

Read on to find out what picture above is about ^

Astrid

Bright light blinded me, squinting against it, as it burned and made my eyes water. Eyelids desperately trying to pull my eyes open, as they adjusted to the new startling brightness that surrounded me. No fire in the archipelago could burn this brightly, only the sun. But I just knew that it wasn't the sun I was staring at.

The room was white. Everything was white. Was this even a room? The ceiling didn't seem to be there, no floor, no walls. It was like a living nightmare. A giant expanse of nothingness. Only that wasn't what had scared me.

My hands made direct contact with the white floor, if it was even there. It was smooth, and cold nothing like on Berk. Ignoring my thoughts, I forced myself up and onto my feet, stumbling five times before I actually managed to steady myself. I was weak, and my side was pounding.

Taking a simple step forward, pain pounced on me, my stomach throbbing and I held back a groan. My hands reached down in instinct, only to be covered in blood when I lifted them up. Only now did I notice my white clothing, my red shirt and skirt had turned white, as if I was just an echo in this room. I was the room. But blood soaked my shirt, a much brighter red than my shirt. A blood red. Lifting ny shirt up, a gaping hole was there, right where a knife had once been. A dagger maybe. Daggur...

Was this Valhalla? It couldn't be could it? I didn't die. I'm sure of it.

And If so, then why was I still hurting? And why was no one here? I felt like doubling over, just letting the pain engulf me. But I couldn't do that. I'd never do that. I felt weak, yet my spirit was still strong.

The floor rocked back and force, and so did I. It was just like the tilt and sway of a ship beneath my feet, yet I wasn't on a ship. A shiver rocked me then, my body shook. I felt unusually cold. My skin looked deathly pale and held no warmth whatsoever.

What had happened to me? Or more importantly, what was happening?

A small cry broke through my thoughts. And despite the pounding I could feel from my own heart, as it tried to desperately pump more blood through my body, and the desperate clawing breathing that burned my lungs and throat. It hadn't come from me.

My hands dropped from my bloody wound as the single cry repeated itself. It wasn't me. I had heard it. It was a baby.

My legs took off at a sprint, completely ignoring the throb of my side. The cries grew louder, choked as the small babe begged for something. For food? For love?

A flash of pink hit my vision. Not white. Pink. A fleshy pink. A baby.

The baby continued to cry, it's small body wriggling around restlessly. I walked over cautiously, my eyes darting around the expanse of whiteness. Nothing, no one here but me... and this baby.

My hands reached down, my left under the small baby's head, my right under its back and legs. It's welcoming warmth surprised me, such a contrast to my icy hands, smothering it's warmth.

It had been so long since I'd held a baby in my arms. It wriggled in earnest, yet it's cries seemed to have softened, until not a single whine or grumble came out of its small mouth. Its emerald green eyes shone up at me. Those green eyes... They reminded me of someone - Hiccup. Those eyes were staring right at me, as if looking into my very soul, my dreadful and gruesome past.

It felt just like Hiccups stare, a stare that could make me move mountains if he looked at me just right. Hiccup. I needed Hiccup. But this baby needed me too.

Blood still poured out of the wound, spreading all over my once white top. But I could hardly feel any pain. My one instinct right now was that of a mother... to protect this baby from everything. And that's when the voice came:

"It's a girl."

Merida

Thorns grazed my skin as I pushed bushes away, twigs splintered, and yet leaves soothed. I had to get to the witch. She was the only one who could help me.

Angus - my horse - galloped on through the woods, me kicking at his side forcing him to go faster, faster, faster. The sleep serum would only last a little while.

Before we'd left the witch, I'd managed to obtain it luckily. But I didn't have long now. The serum would be wearing off, I couldn't have Hiccup getting to Astrid. I just couldn't.

Angus's feet pounded against fallen branches and wet leaves; it always seemed to rain in Scotland. But he knew what was happening, it was like he could sense it. Animals could sense a lot of things. Just keep going Angus, keep going.

I need to get there. I have to. Before its too late.

OK I'M SURE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN UP ON THIS BOOK NOW :( AND THAT MAKES ME SAD, BUT I KNOW I'VE BEEN TERRIBLE AT UPDATING AND I JUST FEEL HORRIBLE MAKING YOU GUYS HAVE TO WAIT ANYMORE SO HERE IT IS...

EXAMS IN 2 WEEKS! AH! I'M SO SCARED! I'VE GOT 11 OF THEM TOO. IT'S SO STRESSFUL. I'VE BEEN REVISING ALL DAY, DETERMINED TO NOT FAIL BECAUSE IF I DO I JUST FEEL LIKE I'M LETTING EVERYONE ELSE DOWN.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, I  REALLY GOT INTO IT AND FELT KIND OF EMOTIONAL HAHA.

SO...

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx