Chapter 4: be free...

Astrid

I threw my axe at a nearby tree, sobbing hysterically. I have good days and not-so good days. My feelings exploded from it's cocooned shell after a month now of concealing how I really feel.

I should be holding him in my arms, I hug myself tightly. It's my fault, I brought him into this horrific world. Such a small life so short lived.

I rub my now sore and puffy eyes, taking a drink of my flask of water from Stormfly's saddle. Soothing the burning sensation in my throat.

I let out a small gasp as I feel someone wrap there arms tightly around my waist, leaning his head against my neck.

"he'll be ok..." he reassures me.

"how do you know that?" I say sniffling.

"because he's like you, a fighter, he will never give up and I won't too, we will find him..."

"I wish that I could be that sure..." I mumble staring at the ground. He turns me around to face him, lifting my chin up, so that my eyes meet his.

"never lose hope Astrid, he is out there, and I will find the monster who kidnapped our son..." I feel his soft lips meet mine for about five seconds before his precious touch leaves me begging for more.

I wrap my arms around myself, trying to hide the cuts that I had created, but he notices.

"what's this?" he says, tracing my arms with his rough, worked fingers. I sigh. "tell me..."

"I'm sorry Hiccup..."

"did you hurt yourself?" his voice begins to raise, as I move my gaze back towards the ground.

"maybe..." I mutter simply.

"Astrid-" he starts with his while new lecture.

"I can't handle it Hiccup!" tears begin to pour down my cheeks one by one, just like moments ago. He pulls me into his warm embrace, stroking my hair softly, kissing it with his chafed lips.

"yes you can, you are the fearless Astrid Haddock!" I giggle slightly at the name. He pulls me away, gripping my scarred arms tightly. "but promise me you won't ever hurt yourself again..." he looks at me sternly. "you're to beautiful for that," he finishes.

"I promise," I reluctantly reply, I know that it may not be the truth. Most days this is the only way of expressing my anger, sadness, guilt and sorrow.

It disgusted me of how the villagers would pay there respects to Stoick, as if he were dead. I so hoped that he was alive, somewhere out there, but I wasn't like Hiccup.

Maybe I just need to face the truth? But I'm scared. Letting Stoick go may tear me apart, and I could never think of trying for another one as I continue to dwell on the undermining guilt of being the worst mother. I should have been more cautious, more protective, but he was stolen away from me right under my own roof. I should have done something, anything!

Listening to Stoicks desperate cries was heart - breaking, but facing the fact that he was gone forever was the worst. Knowing that I would never be able to hold him, see his beautiful face, his gorgeous green eyes like Hiccups. Find out who he took after.

Was life even worth living?....

???????

"calm down, please!" I beg the crying bundle in my arms, wrapped in a woolen blanket. I cover his face, trying to smother his cries. I rock him back and forth, bouncing him up and down.

"did you hear that?" one of the guards in the corridor says. I put my finger in Stoicks mouth, allowing him to suck on it, soothing him.

I hide behind a wall as they pass, axes held up searching for the source of the noise. I exhale a sigh with relief, sneaking a glance at Stoick, his eyes now closed, sleeping.

"finally..." I whisper, continuing my journey towards the exit. Let's hope he stays that way. I open a large door, first scanning the room for any sign of life, before locking it tightly shut behind me.

I was now in my workshop, the place where I had been working on the plan and making this- a straw, waterproof basket, a cushiony basing, like a bed. I place the now sleeping babe into the small casket, covering it with a matching lid.

I then exit the room, scanning the never ending corridor for any guards or servants, as I race towards the exit. Making sharp turns here and there.

"where do you think you're going?!" I hear someone shout from behind me. I stood shock still, not moving a single inch, my breath held in. I've been caught. "I said where are you going!" he repeats as he circles into view.

"I-ingredients for the m-masters supper..." I stutter, trying to make it sound as reliable as I can.

"oh really?" he points his mace towards the basket. "what's in there?"

"the I-ingredients..." I say.

"uh-huh..." he begins to lift the lid up, trying to get a glimpse of what's inside. I take this moment to kick him in the tender bits, running towards the door not so far away. "guards!" I hear him grunt, doubling over in pain.

I don't stop but continue to run, I have to get him away, no matter what the cost. I finally reach the door, pulling it open with all my strength.

I begin to run as fast as I can down the steps leading from the masters quarters, down the giant hill of which the building sits upon.

I hear the blast of a siren going off. Oh no. I don't have much time. I begin to leap down the steps, skipping as many as I can whilst trying not to trip.

I hear guards chasing after me, yelling profound words at me. But I just ignore them quickening my pace.

I soon feel the soft sand underneath my weight, imprinted footprints following my every step. The guards getting closer and closer with every moment that passes.

I set the still, unbelievably, asleep Stoick in to the waters edge. I open the lid of the casket, looking at his beautiful face for one last time.

"I'll miss you Stoick," I whisper, kissing him lightly upon the top of the head. "be safe..." I say lastly as I see he begins to stir. I quickly place the lid firmly down, before casting it off into the sea. "Be free!" I shout as he drifts away. I then feel the most excruciating pain on the back of my head as everything goes black, "go be with your real mommy..." I lastly finish, as I drift unconscious.

HEY GUYS! OMG! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO STOICK NOW? I MEAN BEING AT SEA ISN'T EXACTLY THE SAFEST PLACE NOW IS IT?
ANYWAYS DO YOU THINK IT WAS GOOD?
BAD?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!