Chapter 43: Something in the woods...

Astrid

"Are you sure this is safe?" My mum asked, squeezing my waist tightly as if she were going to fall off at any moment. This had been the tenth time that she had asked me this, and to be honest it was driving me crazy. Is she wasn't going to fall off, I was sure going to jump off!

"Yes, mom. It's perfectly safe." I assured her again, wriggling around a bit in a vain attempt of trying to find more breathing space in her death like grip. Stormfly gave me a sympathetic squawk, she looked about ready to drop too.

"But... are you sure?"

"Yes! We've been riding Stormfly for over an hour now, you can trust her. I mean, you haven't fallen off have you? Just stay calm and enjoy the view." I sighed, to be honest Hiccup was much better at this reassuring thing than I was.

With another sympathetic growl from Stormfly, I scanned the horizon, my dad grumbling beside me on Hookfang behind Snotlout.

"I hate dragons. I hate dragons. I hate-" on and on his mantra went, it could really drive me to sleep. How had I not realised how truly annoying my parents actually were? It must have been my age.

"Dad!" I snapped, already getting enough grief from my simpering mum behind me. He muttered something under his breath, I just rolled my eyes. "Right, I think we should land." I shouted over the wind to Snotlout who looked like he was falling asleep. He jumped awake, dazily towards me and muttering/yawning something along the lines of 'fine' or 'sure'.

"Finally!" My mum and dad both shouted together and I had to control myself from saying something that I'd regret.

I directed Stormfly down towards an opening in the forest, landing her firmly down on the ground. I jumped off instantly, raking a hand through my tangled hair. I sighed again, hearing my mum shouting for help from someone swearing that she'll never get on a dragon so long as she shall live. I loved my mum, truly, but she was really going to have get over this whole hate for dragons thing. My dads grumbling followed, then I heard a big thump followed by an 'oof'. I groaned, rubbing my fingers against my temple in the vain attempt of preventing another migraine.

"Right, Snotlout!" I called Snotlout over with a flick of my free wrist. He had been in the process of dealing with my irate parents. He gave me a 'Thor help me' look as he strode up to me.

"Yes?" He sighed, clearly tired or annoyed. Probably both.

"I'm going to go look around. Can you look after my parents - I mean the dragons. Please." I pleaded, he shook his head waving me away.

"Fine, but you owe mean."

"Thanks, I'm just going to look around." I told him, giving him a small smile before walking out of the open space and into the forest of trees which now surrounded me. Trees with axe like markings reminded me of when I used to come here to take out all of my frustration of Hiccup, of course that was a long time ago. Since Stock had disappeared I had hardly ever left, and looking around this forest now it drew me back to realise how much of my life I had missed, let race forward without me. I should have never have lost hope that Stoick would have came back, it took five long years yes, but he did eventually, didn't he?

Twigs snapped and leaves rustled from underneath me, goosebumps rising along my pale skin, but strangely there wasn't any wind or distinct coldness to cause them to do so. I shivered, shaking that odd feeling out of my spine that had suddenly appeared, stroking down the small hair hairs that had risen on the back of my neck with my hand. I sped up, my eyes darting around the small maze like area, searching for any sign of Hiccup or Stoick - broken twigs and footprints. But I just couldn't shake that feeling that there was something there, watching me, stalking me. So I spun around, ready to face whatever it was coming face to face with...

NOPE SORRY! YOU GUYS ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT A LITTLE WHILE LONGER! BUT HERE IT IS, AS PROMISED! HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. I WASN'T SO SURE WHAT I WANTED TO HAPPEN, BUT I WANTED IT TO BE SOMETHING BIG AS WE ARE FINALLY REACHING THE END OF THE FLAWS OF BEING A HICCUP SERIES =(  IT FEELS SO CLOSE, BUT YET STILL SO FAR! I'M ULTRA HAPPY TODAY AS I GOT A 'B' IN MY SCIENCE MOCKS!

I WANT TO WISH A SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO @HiccupsAngel TODAY! I HOPE YOU HAD AN ULTRA AMAZING DAY!

NEXT UPDATE: 27 / 02 / 2015 OR 28 / 02 / 2015

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!