Chapter 37: Confusion in our midst

Matth-Stoick

The weird guy just continued to stare at me as if I was going to bolt at any moment, which really I wanted to. He looked... intimidating and I instantly didn't like him. He kind of reminded me of my father, but less scarier. Or should I even call him that? I'm so confused. This guy looked strange, his eyes boring into mine - it was unnerving. He seemed to be thinking of something - something I just couldn't decipher. Different emotions crossed his face in a blur; guilt, happiness, confusion - at least that's what I thought. Each one lasting about five seconds before changing to another, not taking his eyes off of my own, following his unseen thoughts. As his brows etched together, his mouth forming an 'o', and still staring at me, I began to feel a little uneasy and thoroughly creeped out. Who was this guy?

Seeing as he was too busy pulling not very funny faces at me, my own eyes panned the room, looking for an escape route of any kind. The stairs. I quickly returned my gaze towards him again, who was now glaring at me, but then not me - if that made any sense whatsoever. Crawling over to the edge of the bed, his eyes seemed to follow my every move I made. A scowl starting to form - most probably due to his overthinking of things. Knowing Hiccup was downstairs now, I gave him a wide innocent grin - well, as much innocence as I could muster - bolting towards the stairs.

I noticed that it took him a while to realise what I was doing as when I reached the top he shouted, "Hey!" But I didn't stop. Instead, I continued to run down the steps, skipping some in my haste to get away from the rather scary and strange monster/being behind me. Still grinning, I ran into the kitchen - no one there - knowing where they were now, I ran under the huge arch that borders the kitchen from the eating room. Smirking at my victory of losing the big oath. But my mood soon changed, as I looked on into the room, and towards the two woolen couches. I felt myself pale at the sight I saw, Hiccup and Astrid lazing next to the couch as they continued to argue about random stuff that I failed to acknowledge. Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I looked on, my eyes now becoming glassy. Letting the two words I thought that I would never be able to speak again, I spoke,

"Mummy? Daddy?" I whispered in disbelief, my voice shallow from unshed tears and a sob that I had been attempting to hold in. Astrid and Hiccup turn to look at me, confused and astounded. "Mummy? Daddy?" I said a bit louder, now turning into an almost a high pitched squeal. I watched as my supposed parents, rolled over groaning. 

"St-Matthew, whoever you are." The giant shouted from a way away, followed by creaking as he bounded his way down the stairs. I turned my attention to him as he stopped stock still in the arch, staring into the room. Did he know them too?

"M-matthew?" Snapping my head back, I looked to see my mama and papa staring at me, pale and shocked.

"Er, w-what's going on?" Hiccups asked, looking from me, to giant, then to my parents, but I just ignored him. Focusing solely on my parents. This has to be a dream.

"Stoick." Snotlout whispered, trying not to look at any of u

"Matthew." My mum and dad whispered at the same time. A small squeak interrupted the tension of the room, coming from none other than Astrid. Looking at her now, her face was red - unlike ours - fresh tears dripping down her cheeks, as she shaked slightly. Without notice she got up, lunging at the oaf, Hiccup quickly grabbed her holding onto her arms as she screeched,

"How long have you known?!" After a while, she gave up, drooping into Hiccups embrace as he rocked her lovingly back and forth. He took a step back, momentarily stunned on how everything had turned on him.

"A few moments ago... I-its the scar, H-hiccups picture and-" Astrid held her hand up silencing him. Turning her attention towards me, I moved back scared of what she would do to me. She whispered something to Hiccup, shrugging out of his hold and heading towards me, a soft smile splayed across her lips, lifting the corners of her mouth up. My eyes didn't leave her blue ones - reminding me of the ocean - as she edged closer and closer. My back flat against the wall, trapped, as she knelt down to my level.

"You're scaring him," my mum warned her, she turned to look at them giving them a cold glare silencing them instantly. Her features changed as she shifted her gaze back to me, her fingers gliding across my cheek, brushing my lengthy hair away from my eyes, leaving small tingles in their wake. A choked gasp left her lips, a saddened/happy look crossing her features.

"It's him." She whispered, smiling. Without hesitation she pulled me into a tight hug, crushing me against her body. "It's our son." She confirmed, nuzzling her head into my hair. What?

I pushed her away, looking over to Hiccup, my parents, Astrid - who looked stunned. "N-no." I said, vigorously shaking my head. "No!" I repeated, wiping the tears away with the back of my hand and my now runny nose, before bolting right out of the door.

SORRY IT TOOK ME A WHILE GUYS, BEEN WRITING STORIES FOR MY SISTER - Caterpillar10 - ON HER PROFILE, IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT YOU CAN, BUT JUST BE WARNED THEY'RE NOT FANFICTIONS.

ALSO THANKS FOR ALL THE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS GUYS! ME AND MY BROTHER HAD AN AMAZING DAY SO THANK YOU!

JUST IN CASE YOU GUYS WERE WONDERING ABOUT ALL OF MY OTHER BOOKS, I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP ON THEM! IT'S JUST HARD TRYING TO FOCUS ON SEVERAL FANFICTIONS AT A TIME SO I'M JUST TRYING TO FINISH THIS ONE OFF FIRST. SO THAT LEADS ME ONTO THIS QUESTION: Do you guys want more than 40 chapters? JUST LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS AND HOW MANY YOU WOULD WANT!

ONE MORE THING. I AM SO HAPPY AS I HAVE NO ORDERED A BUILD A BEAR TOOTHLESS, AFTER IT BEING OUT OF STOCK IT'S NOW DEFINTELY COMING! ALONG WITH A HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON HOODIE - ALSO FROM BUILD A BEAR - TO PUT ON HIM!

SO THAT'S ALL FOR NOW GUYS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!