Chapter 55: Right choices

ARGH BAD CASE OF WRITERS BLOCK!!!

Hiccup

Golden blonde hair struck open the vast echo of ice like whiteness that surrounded me. It slashed open this giant blanket, seeming to be the only thing noticeable for miles around this vast nothingness.

A babe's cried tore open the overbearing silence that seemed to hold a giant weight over my chest. It had felt just like... death. But the cry had revived my spirit and pulled the burden from my soul.

I took off at a sprint towards that small-only-flash of colour that swept my vision. Towards that one sound that made me breathe once again. My footsteps echoed across the smooth white floor, however the sound only seemed to be drowned out even more by the cries that swept all around me. I shouldn't have taken light to in that moment, but the strange feeling swept over me-something I hadn't allowed myself to feel since...

The sob cracked at the end as this person leant down, her arms enveloping the tiny body before her. Her arms cushioned underneath it's light weight. A sigh broke the blondes lips, her dazzlingly blue eyes taking on a dreamy look as a tear slid down her too pale cheeks.

My eyes raced up and down her body, I knew this person but... I couldn't seem to recognise her. Her what should have been white shirt was drowned in the colour of red; her blood. But she hardly seemed to care as her arms wrapped around this small child with the comfort of a mother and a whisper slipped through my mind, and before I realised I'd spoken them aloud...

"It's a girl." Blue eyes met green. A ghost like white face. A rounded face. Golden blonde hair.

I knew this person; Astrid.

Merida

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The witch asked me, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she realised that I wasn't backing down.

"No." I sighed, a tear leaving a trail down my cheek. But as quick as it was there, it was swept away by a curt swipe of my wrist. Merida doesn't cry. Doesn't break. Not yet anyway. "But I've got no choice." I sniffed.

The witch shook her head gently from side to side, her head then tilting to the side as she looked at me with... sympathy?

"Oh my darling girl, after all this time have I taught you nothing? Has all my work with you been for nothing, hm?" She waddled over to me, dropping her dagger on the floor. She stopped in front of me, then hesitantly placed her wrinkled hands on my cheeks, stroking with a tenderness I never thought she possessed. "Everyone, everyone has a choice Merida. It's just about making the right one."

A stuttering sigh broke from my lips as I pushed her hands away, walking over to the dagger and picking it up. I fiddled with the gems that glittered on its sheaf. Tilting the blade in the light, the candles reflecting wildly off of its surface.

I took in a deep breath as I unsheafed the lethal weapon. It's blade adding to magnifying the light reflected off of it. Hands shook as I lifted it up.

"An' fer the first time ever... I've actually made the right one." The dagger flew down with my hands and-

HEY GUYS! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER :D!

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! I COMPLETED MY MOCKS! YIPPEE! AND I AM FREE FROM SCHOOL... UNTIL THE 4TH OF JANUARY...

SO IN ORDER TO UNWIND I DECIDED TO WRITE! EVEN THOUGH THAT'S KIND OF ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING...

BUT ANYWAY, I HAVE DECIDED TO DO THIS NEW THING BECAUSE I REALISE THAT I HAVE BEEN PRIORITISING MOST OF MY TIME ON COMPLETING THIS BOOK, WHICH I DON'T THINK IS FAIR ON THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO READ MY OTHER ONES, SO AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER I DECIDED TO HAVE A VOTE ON WHICH BOOK I SHOULD DO AN UPDATE FOR EACH WEEK, ALONG WITH ANOTHER UPDATE FOR THIS BOOK :) YOU CAN CHOOSE ANY OF THEM, BUT THE ONE WITH THE MOST VOTES I WILL UPDATE FIRST ASAP! STARTING... NOW!! (COMMENT YOUR VOTE HERE)

SO...

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx