Chapter 47: Past Memories

Recap: A battle to save Astrid from the cruel clutches of Merida, Dagger and Claude has commenced. Swords and daggers have been drawn and blood has been spilt. Desperately clinging to small strands of hope Dagger is holding a dagger to Astrid neck, but what will happen next...

Astrid

Sweat dribbled down my forehead, hot musky breath whispered against my ear and cheek making the hairs on the back of my neck stand to attention. His horrible breath smelt like rotten fish and other revolting substances, meaning the cool metal of the dagger held firmly to my neck, wasn't the only reason that the fear to breathe had become extremely intense.

A shiver shot straight down my spine but I refused to let it affect my body as moving may only worsen the pressure of the dagger that was biting into my skin.

Other senses kicked in as I watched the tears dribble down Stoicks face, I'd never seen so much fear laden in his eyes, even when Hiccup had first found him. But this was a different type of fear, this was fear for someone's life - my life - despite me wishing it were not so. His voice rang out around the room, grabbing everyone's attention,

"Mum!" He yelped, wanting so much to reach for me but knowing that he couldn't. He was a smart boy, the last thing I wanted was to endanger him too. Being held captive is one thing, being raped, tortured, held hostage, they were nothing, but if anything were to happen to my darling boy then that would surely kill me, leaving nothing but an empty vessel abandoned of soul. No, that was the worst that could ever happen to me.

Hiccups eyes quickly found mine, emboldened with pure and utter terror.

This wouldn't be the first or last time I'd deal with daggers against my neck, threatening to slice through tender flesh if I even dared to breathe more than I was supposed to. In fact this experience was as normal as they come, except my new found son and beloved husband were looking on in absolute terror.
Their eyes glued to the blade secured tightly to my neck threatening to make me bleed at any moment. In fact that was what frightened me the most; Hiccup and Stoick witnessing my death, scarred for life as they watched the blood pour out of this suddenly helpless person in front of them. That was a nightmare in itself.

Daggur chuckled cruelly holding the dagger ever tighter against my now stinging flesh.
"Drop your weapons," he shouted an evil grin plastered on his face, "you have all lost this battle." He laughed again, although much to Daggers thoughts on this so called 'battle' didn't ring clear as pools of blood littered the ground, bodies scattered amongst them, and I was extremely glad to see that not a single one belonged to a Berkian.

We had won. And, unbeknownst to Daggur, he had lost. Our pride and soul were still intact, to protect Berk and our fellow Berkians.

"I said drop your weapons, or your chiefess gets it!" He pulled the knife deeper drawing blood, which trickled agonisingly slowly down my pale neck.
Hiccups nostrils flared at this, and his left hand only gripped his sword tighter. Refusing to let go on the only thing that could save me.

"I said drop-"

"NOW!" Screamed Stoick, and Hiccup lifted up his sword shooting it towards Daggur, it whirled round and round, his blade glistening as the sunlight caught it's surface.

Suddenly I was knocked off balance, a horrible burning sensation was felt in my left side, causing me to scream in pure agony. As a chorus of 'No!' Filled the room, one voicing knowingly belonging to Hiccup.

I collapsed to the floor grasping my blood drenched clothing, surrounding the bloodied dagger that was still embedded in me.
A waterfall of blood drenched me then, as I caught a glimpse of Daggurs decapitating head. But I couldn't feel anything towards it, the only sensation I felt was the burning and searing sensation of the blade. Blood poured out of my wound, as I noticed that I was now lying in a pool of blood.

I was wrong. A Berkian was going to be lost today; me.

"Astrid!" Hiccup cried out as I felt him by my side, his hands itching to pull the dagger out but knowing that it would only worsen the wound and probably make me bleed out more. "No, no, Astrid," he pressed his hand against my pale and cold face, tears glided down his cheeks. My eyes assessed his green ones, realising finally that this may be the last time I ever see him, ever see those glistening with pools. But not like this, not shimmering with still unshed tears.

"No," I choked, "Don't cry Hiccup, n-never cry." I told him, reaching up to stroke his cheek, brushing away his tears. My right hand then pressed over his chest, "I'm in here. A-always."

Stoick was by my side now whimpering "mummy," over and over. "Daddy will take care of you n-now." I managed a smile as I too stroked his cheek, "I l-love you both..."
The world swam into darkness my eyes struggled to stay open, Hiccup was screaming "Astrid!" Over and over and "Get her to Gothi!" Until the last thing I saw were a pair of beautiful forest green eyes, and I remembered that moment we'd first met. As my heart enveloped me with sadness and my eyes gave up to the pain and they closed welcoming the dark that came.

I loved the forest. Tall trees everywhere. So many places to hide. So many places not to be found.

The trees were so high you could barely see the bright blue sky. I didn't like the sky. It reminded me of my mommy and daddy. Why did they leave me?

A twig snapped. It scared me. I turned around. There was a boy, a boy with bright dazzling emerald green eyes. Like the trees. I love the trees.

"I'm Hiccup!" He said. Hiccup was such a funny name. I giggled. He made me laugh. I hadn't laughed in ages.

"I'm Astrid!" I smiled back at him.

"Astrid sounds pretty." He stated. He blushed. I blushed. I never blush.

"Hiccup sounds funny." I replied. We laughed. I loved his laugh.

"Want to be friends?" He asked. I grabbed his hand. I smiled brightly. I've never had a friend before.

"Let's be best friends!" I exclaimed excitedly.

And that was the start of everything...

HEY GUYS! I AM BACK, I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE, ALMOST 3 MONTHS IN FACT (2 MONTHS AND 4 DAYS SINCE MY NAN DIED :( )

I'VE BEEN GOING TO DO IT AND THEN I JUST COULDN'T I'M SORRY I'M A FAILURE AS AN AUTHOR BUT I HOPE THIS CHAPTER MAKES UP FOR IT :)

SO ASTRID'S DEAD?

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF ASTRIDS REMINISCE OF THE TIME THEY MET?

I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE THIS IS ONE OF MY BETTER CHAPTERS :)

THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME GUYS IN THIS HARD TIME. OH AND I GOT MY BRACES! THEY REALLY HURT AT THE MOMENT BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO WEAR OFF SO HERE'S TO HOPING!

LOVE YOU GUYS ♡

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx