Part 3 (Loki)

The next day I sat at the bar once more, finally making a decent dent in my dissertation. Much to Thor and I's disdain, Tony hadn't allowed me to go to their newest mission, claiming they simply didn't need me.

I drew my eyes over to the elevator as it dinged, the team emerging from it quietly.

"Hello all." I mumbled as I continued typing. I stopped and looked around when the friendly muscular god didn't do his usual, which was to bother me upon return. "Where's Thor?"

"Prince Charming is off getting our inmate, I'm sure he'll be back before midnight." Tony remarked quickly, rolling his eyes.

He went around the bar to glance at my laptop, before handing me a drink. "Almost done?"

I smiled "Almost. I need to finish this weekend, then the rest of the semester should be somewhat smooth sailing until graduation."

"Dr. Stark. Sounds... different." He grinned. After a second he pointed out a couple strangers within the group. "That's Wanda and Pietro. Twins. They're gonna stay here for a bit."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, but nodded. "I say we just turn the place into an Airbnb."

Tony laughed a bit, "Just make sure to introduce yourself at some point tonight, yeah? Make a good impression." I raised my eyebrows at the command. "I think you could get to know them well enough to assess what all we're dealing with."

I nodded, "I'll introduce myself once they settle in a bit".

After only another second I felt a sharp electricity overwhelm me, making me completely forget about the laptop on the counter as I looked around the room. Instantly the elevator dinged out again, and out walked Thor, his hand on the same familiar, tall, raven haired man from years prior.

"Loki, the Avengers. Avengers, Loki." He motioned around the room, seemingly already annoyed.

"The party streamers were on back order, forgive us." Tony said as he rolled his eyes, continuing to chew on the cap of his pen.

"Stark." Thor warned.

I readjusted in my seat, trying to ease the strange feeling swirling around my head, but that only brought Thor's attention to me.

"Elle!" He called, smiling as he walked Loki over to me. The closer he got, the more intense the feeling got. It was almost indescribable, as if my entire body was just bursting with energy. "This is my brother, Loki. Loki, this is Danielle."

"You can call me Dani."

The mischief god only looked at me for a moment, before I could feel his discomfort. I noticed the deep green in his eyes glisten, making me furrow my eyebrows. His eyes were blue before, I knew it. I could never forget it. And while staring into his eyes, I noticed the unmistakable mesmerizing glow that I had seen previously. The hurt that made my heart twinge again. It was what I had seen in the red eyes of my vision.

His gaze fell downward, making Thor push his shoulder a bit. "Manners, Loki."

"Thor, stop scolding him. Let him warm up to me on his own." I playfully teased as I forced my attention back to my laptop.

"Still not finished?" Thor now asked, leaning over in an attempt to see my screen.

"Not yet. Hopefully soon, though. Drink?"

Thor grinned as he vigorously nodded, and I started pouring his drink.

"One for you, Loki?" I asked, glancing up at his eyes once again.

He nodded a single time, his face showing no emotion. I slid them each a drink and sat back at my laptop.

"Dani." Tony's voice came only seconds later. "This is Wanda, and her brother Pietro."