Part 27 (Dinner)

Thor and I walked to the dinner. It was semi-formal for Earth, but on Asgard they considered it informal. There were a handful of tables, making it intimate according to Thor.

One table held at the very front of the room had 4 seats, two on one side for Odin and Frigga. There was one chair for each son on the sides that would usually be deemed the "heads" and the open side allowed Odin and Frigga to overlook the room. The other tables had several more seats, which Thor gladly walked me over to.

Frigga and Loki walked in as we did, and I tried my best to avert my gaze as I felt their eyes on the two of us. 4 people sat down already at the table Thor walked me to, making him smile brightly as he walked me over.

"These are the friends I've told you of!" Thor stated joyfully, his voice booming around the room. It made sense now why he was so excited, it was likely an incredibly rare chance his friends between the realms got to meet. "This is Lady Sif, and these are the warriors three." I had heard plenty of stories about the warriors, most of them embarrassing accounts Thor had of their shenanigans. "Volstagg, Hogan, and Fandral."

Each one of the gentlemen kissed my hand and bowed slightly to me, but Fandral kept his eyes on me as he did so, his lips lingering on my knuckles for a second longer than the rest. He stood tall once again and slowly released my hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you; Thor speaks of you all often." I said brightly, trying to hide the crimson that begged to flush my cheeks and make a decent impression on the Thunder god's friends, for his sake.

In reality, I hated everything about my position at the moment. All the new people, in a brand new place, directly after I've found out all this new information. To say I was overwhelmed was an understatement.

"The pleasure is all ours." Hogan said with a grin.

"Absolutely, we've heard so much about you." Sif added as Thor pulled out the seat beside her for me.

"Our friend here has failed to mention how breathtakingly divine you are, however." Fandral concluded, sitting down at the 'head' of the table, directly to my right. I huffed out a bit of a laugh.

"What has he said of us?" Volstagg questioned before I could respond to Fandral. I smirked a bit.

"Enough for me to know I should never take 'Fandral the flirt' seriously, though I do appreciate the compliment." I shot him a grin as the rest of the warriors howled with laughter, while he gave me a sly smirk in response.

"I prefer 'Fandral the Dashing', beautiful."

"Of course you do, charming. I prefer Dani."

"I love her already." Sif commented with a laugh.

Thor's grin only grew as he watched us get along, before his hand fell onto my shoulder. "I'll be at our table. Do not hesitate to get me if I'm needed."

With that he walked over to his table, and everyone stood as Odin entered the room. Moments later, he sat down, and everyone once again took their seats.

"You're not used to these forms of respect, I take it?" Fandral asked, watching as I simply followed suit of everyone else. It was seamless unless you were directly beside me, but luckily it was only the warriors and I at this table.

"Not quite, Thor didn't exactly focus on royal protocol during his stories of Asgard."

He chuckled, "I'm surprised. I thought for sure you had to be a queen."

"That one was pathetic, even for you." Hogun commented dryly, smirking at me as I laughed.

I felt many emotions throughout the room, but one overwhelming one shot through, breaking my attention to the warriors. Loki had a straight face on, completely unreadable without my abilities, but his frustration was clear to me.