Part 40 (Healing)

That morning I woke up in Loki's bed, his tight grip around my hips and our legs locked together. I must have moved as I woke, because Loki's grip on me tightened slightly as he hummed, "Hello, darling."

I turned and looked at him, his emerald eyes already on me before I could even reach them. I flipped around within his grasp to face him, my hand resting on his cheek. "Good morning." I whispered and watched as he melted into my hand. "You still look tired. Did you not sleep well?"

"I slept, dove, don't fret." His hand moved soothingly up and down my back.

"Hey, Lo?"

He hummed in response.

"Thank you, for coming to get me."

"I told you, you could go anywhere in the realms and I would always find you."

I grinned at that, remembering the very first night at my apartment. "So it was romantic." I teased lightly, making him chuckle.

"Little siblings, you two in there?.. Decent?" I heard Thor's voice on the other side of Loki's door, making me smile a bit.

"We're decent, Thunder." I called out as Loki groaned.

He smiled as he opened the door, taking a couple steps inside. "Are you feeling well?"

"Much better." I replied with a smile.

"Are you coming for breakfast?"

I looked at Loki, who nodded at his brother.

Breakfast was far more casual, likely because neither Odin nor Frigga were there. It was mostly just the warriors, Thor, Loki, and I. Loki sat beside me at the table, and I watched as the warriors exchanged glances.

"So, when are you to announce your courtship to the realm?" Fandral asked Loki between bites, smirking as he did.

Loki glared at him, while Thor laughed a bit awkwardly, nervously almost. The way they were acting was suspicious, but I ignored it at the time. In all honesty, I wasn't feeling very outgoing at the time, and I definitely wasn't in the mood to have that discussion.

I stayed quiet until breakfast was over, then went back to my room while Loki and Thor left to tend to some palace issues. The magic book Loki had gotten me sat on the desk, and I picked it up to read.

The amount of information in it was absurd, in all honesty, and I found myself trying little tricks here and there for what must have been a couple hours.

I sat on the bed with my book on my lap, playing with a golden butterfly made of light in my palm when I noticed the cut on my palm disappearing at its touch. I raised my eyebrows. I hadn't tried to heal the cut, I hadn't even thought about it while practicing. Perhaps it was a fluke?

The butterfly flew anywhere I thought for it to, so I started having it fly to different cuts and bruises throughout my body. Each time, they disappeared in seconds.

I had the butterfly in the air when Loki walked in, a grin spreading onto his lips.

"How'd you..?"

"The book! It said to imagine swirls, but for some reason I thought of a butterfly." I said with a slight laugh. Loki came closer, kneeling down to look at the details on the wings.

"You're quite the natural, dove."

"Wanna see something even cooler?"

Loki raised an eyebrow, but stood straight once again and nodded.

I looked around the room, before going back to the desk. I grabbed a pair of scissors from the drawer, and before Loki could react placed a small cut on my hand.

"Danielle!" He nearly yelled, snatching the scissors away from me with nearly horrified eyes. The cut wasn't deep, it hardly even bled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just watch." I eased, holding my hand out and recreating the butterfly. I made it land on my hand, and only a second later the cut faded to nothing, no evidence of ever having been there. "Cool, right?"

"Thats..." Suddenly, Loki started looking at the entirety of my body, from my arms to my palm. "Did you..." I instantly knew what he was asking. He was asking if I had healed all the cuts and bruises.

"Yeah. Is that... Not a good thing?"

Loki scoffed out a laugh, shaking his head. "That's..." The god was speechless, making me quirk an eyebrow upwards. I was almost nervous I had done something wrong, but he smiled.

"Lo?"

"Did you even get to the chapter on healing magic?"

"No, I was just playing with the butterfly, and then it did that." I said with a shrug.

"You did all that... With a butterfly illusion..." He began laughing again, shaking his head at me. "As I said... Quite the talent of impressing me."

"So I did good?"

"I've never seen someone heal themselves with an illusion... Or heal themselves of that many injuries just to stand and create a new one to heal. Are you tired? Light headed?"

I shook my head, smiling. "No, why would I be?"

Loki huffed, shaking his head. "Let's keep practicing, then."