Part 47 (The Villain)

A week went by in a blur, as if time itself skipped by in my rush of activities. I had met back up with Steve, a move I made against my better judgement, and together we broke Wanda, Clint, Falcon, and Scott out of the Raft.

Before that, we had taken Bucky to Wakanda. Following his word, King T'challa accepted Bucky easily, a smile on his face as he did.

"Thank you for this, Doll." Bucky had said softly to me. "I don't deserve your kindness, but I owe you. I owe you everything."

I shook my head, hugging him tightly before he followed the King and Steve to the lab, where he was going back into a sleep chamber until they could heal his mind. Bucky stiffened as I hugged him, but that only made me latch on tighter.

"You owe me a coffee. Just a coffee." I tried to ease the mood. "I'm sorry." I whimpered after.

That made him hold me just as tightly now. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Take care of yourself, Doll."

Steve and I hardly spoke after Bucky was safe, and the moment we got the rest of the team out of the Raft I shut off all communication with him. I had no desire to speak with him after he betrayed me. He knew I would fight if he asked me, and sure, I agree with what we were fighting for... But I should've been told who the Winter Soldier was. I wouldn't have blamed Bucky. I didn't blame Bucky, the same way I didn't blame Loki for New York, but knowing that I was left in the dark on purpose was like a knife to the back.

Steve, Nat, and Falcon went to the middle east. I sent them with all the information for one of my off-shore accounts, allowing them access to plenty of money while they ran. I didn't want to speak to Steve, yes, but I wasn't going to let them all suffer when I had the means to help.

As for the rest of the team, I had Vision take them to a house I had gotten under a fake name in Haworth, Yorkshire. It was on the countryside, far enough away from people that I could trust anonymity while I handled things back in America.

I hadn't expected Vision to join our side, but his obsession with Wanda was enough for him to rethink his alliances. Wanda was pleased as well, and when she saw him waiting for her outside the Raft it was the first time I had seen her smile since we had been at the tower.

While Wanda and Vision seemed ecstatic with their new environment, Scott and Clint wanted nothing more than to go home to their families, a feeling I could relate to.

I wanted to go home, but I wasn't even sure where home was for me anymore. I thought it was probably Tony, the tower... But that wasn't an option for me anymore, especially after I used my old agent key card to break into SHIELD, bypassing their security firewalls to steal files.

I didn't actually want the files, or to break into their base, but I knew I needed something good to negotiate deals for Scott and Clint. I had to ensure when they went home they'd be left alone, that they'd be given their basic human rights, and I had promised them that when I broke them out.

It was too late for the rest of us. Wanda was seen as nothing more than a weapon thanks to her powers, Cap broke into the highest security prison in the world with me to help our friends, in turn hurting at least 30 guards, and both Nat and Falcon had decided they'd rather stay with him.

Me, I was especially far too gone to be saved now. Not only had I broken all the same laws as Cap, I had done so while displaying my powers, something that had spread to the entirety of every force. I had even been given the nickname "The Enchantress" by the media due to my magic work during the Raft break-in.

In short, they had turned me into a villain, the mastermind behind the Avenger's Civil War. I knew the moment they caught me I'd be spending the rest of my life within the worst prison possible. I wasn't sure I was undeserving, if I were to be completely honest. I had seen the destruction I caused in Siberia, the heartbreaking look of fear in Bucky's eyes. I wondered if I really should be around anyone at all.