Part 36 (Glass)

Warning: Sexual Assault and Violence. I understand some may desire to skip this chapter, so there will be a short recap at the very bottom to keep you all caught up!

The first two days I spent looking through the library in the house, looking for anything I could recognize as books on magic. Frey had 3 other men in the castle, all of which were tasked with watching me. Otherwise, I was allowed to roam free.

He seemed confident that I wasn't going to escape with the men on my tail, and he was probably right. They even followed me inside the bathroom, though they looked away. It was ridiculously degrading nonetheless.

I had found a brown leather book that looked similar to the ones Loki had bought from the bookstore, so I grabbed it and took it back to my room. Sitting on the couch, I tried my best to figure out the language. There were pictures, but they made little sense without the words, let alone enough to allow me the knowledge to break what I knew was a shield over the island.

Without removing the shield, I'd only have the option to swim for god knows how long before I found new land. Maybe that would be okay, except for my ridiculous inability to swim.

I almost chuckled to myself as I recounted all the little classes and camps Tony had paid for me to have. From horseback riding lessons to astrology camp... But never swimming lessons. That would indeed be comedic if it weren't for my current situation.

Two of the three men stood in my open doorway, mindlessly discussing their... Conquests, over the years. I wanted to vomit at the discussion, but settled for continuing my attempt at deciphering the book.

"I'll tell you what I've really always wanted to try... Riding a dragon."

"When will we have a better opportunity than this? This one is far prettier than Frey."

When I heard those words I felt my blood run cold, my head shooting up to the men in the doorway. Both already looked at me, disgustingly menacing smirks on their faces.

"Fuck off, both of you." I said loudly, "Go get your little master."

"We don't take orders from you, wench." The one on the right said aggressively, taking a step into the room. The other followed, making me push myself upwards from the couch.

"I'm serious, get the fuck away from me." I yelled louder, silently praying someone would hear me. I wasn't even sure if they'd stop it, though.

I felt genuine fear coursing through me, my stomach churning as if I'd had a bad meal. When one of them reached out to grab my hand, I smacked it away. I stepped backwards in the room, my breath now heavy as they slowly followed.

"Get out." I seethed.

Neither listened, instead continuing to inch forward. When one rushed, I instinctually grabbed the first thing I could, that being a vase of dead flowers on the nightstand. I didn't think before I launched it at his face, watching it shatter as it made contact.

"You little bitch." He growled as his hands went to his face, several small cuts beginning to bleed through his fingers. I bent over and grabbed a shard off the ground, holding it out like a knife, gripping it tightly to keep it in my grasp.

"Get. Out."

The other grabbed me quickly, only managing to receive a cut on the arm as I tried to stab him. The other held my arm backwards as he swooped in behind me, while his friend grabbed the shard of glass from my hand.

I tried to kick, punch, do whatever I possibly could to fight them off, but by the time their hands were gripped onto me it felt futile. They were like iron, stronger than anyone I had ever had on me. As I continued to fight, one's fist landed against my cheek, knocking me off balance.

"It's quite a shame you're making us ruin that pretty face." He growled, before grabbing me by my shoulders and throwing me onto the bed. "You could've stayed quiet. You could've just accepted what we both knew was going to happen. Hell, maybe we would've let you enjoy it."

I tried to get off the bed, only to receive another blow, this time to my temple.

I didn't stop fighting, not even when the other man used that same shard of glass to cut the top of my dress down the middle, leaving a rather shallow cut along my skin with it. I was still fighting when he hit me again, then again. I was still fighting when he slit my dress almost completely off. I was still fighting when I felt the pair's hands on me.

It wasn't until I felt one of them began to get on top of me that I screamed at the top of my lungs, trying to push him towards the ground.

"Fuck!" The other said as the man on top of me flew off the bed, a gold stream of mist following as it pushed him all the way to the wall.

He went to hit me again, but I had managed to grab the shard of glass and shove it into his stomach as harshly as I possibly could. Blood covered the shard and my hand, but I only pulled it out before plunging it back in higher.

As much as I hate to admit it, I felt better as I did it. Releasing the immediate anger, the immediate rage I felt as I stepped off that bed, it was like a high. I did this again and again until the man fell to the floor, gasping out what I knew were his last breaths.

"What in the realms is..." Frey trailed off as he watched me pull the blanket around myself, tears in my eyes as I watched blood pour from the body at my feet.

It was instant that the high had left me, a euphoria that left just as quickly as it came and left me feeling even worse than before. The other man had scrambled to his feet once again, holding onto the wall with large eyes at the mess before him.

"Did they..." Frey began, but he stopped himself now.

I didn't say anything, allowing the tears to fall down my cheeks. I wasn't sure what I expected, but I felt as though I couldn't fight anymore. Instead I stood there, feeling pathetic as I shook and cried.

"Igor." Frey said in a scarily calm voice. In seconds he stood in front of the man, forcing him to look up from the puddle of blood and the now very much dead body on the floor.

"Yes, my lord?"

Frey didn't break eye contact with him, but spoke to me. "There are clothes in your closet. Get yourself dressed."

I couldn't steady my breathing, but quickly went to the closet and pulled out the first outfit amongst the hangers, before practically running to the bathroom. I didn't get dressed right away, instead only pulling the cut up remains of my dress off my body and starting the water in the bathtub at the highest heat. I couldn't stop shaking, not even in the hot water.

I was sobbing now, holding my knees to my chest with my head down, and that's how I stayed. Long after the water had ran cold, long after I could hear the mop swishing along the floor of my room on the other side of the door. I stayed there all night.

Recap for those who need to skip this chapter!!:
2 days have passed. Danielle has been attempting to read the Asgardian literature in the castle's library, trying to find information on how to break shields. While in her bedroom, Danielle is assaulted by 2 of Frey's henchmen, fights them off, and kills 1. Frey comes seconds later and takes the second away, while Danielle hides in the bathroom alone for the remainder of the night.