Part 52 (Thor)

Around noon that same day, Thor came to get me. He was incredibly anxious, what I knew was fear of his brother's retaliation for going along with Odin and Freyr's agreement, but I also knew he likely didn't have any more choice than I did.

"He'll be okay, Thor." I told the god, smiling sympathetically.

"You're not the one needing to sleep with both eyes open, little sister." He huffed out in response. "If I get through the day without an assassination attempt, I will have no one to thank but the Norns. Loki has wanted me dead for far less."

I couldn't help but chuckle at that. No matter how much I hated this arrangement, spending a day with Thor wasn't a bad thing. I wasn't sure why Loki was so insecure about today, given I've spent quite a lot of time with his brother. I know him like the back of my hand, and Thor had tried to take me out on several occasions the first year we knew one another. If he were ever to 'sweep me off my feet' like the Allfather wanted, he likely would've done it already.

"How's Jane?" I asked as we walked alongside one another, towards a woodsy tree line.

"We broke up, actually." Thor huffed. "Things hadn't been well in some time."

"What?! What happened? I'm so sorry, Thor."

"I was busy, she hated it. Between coming to Asgard and the Avengers, she just... Didn't think I properly gave her time. It was mutual, though."

It wasn't mutual. I knew that. Thor never would have broken up with Jane, not in this millennia or the next. I'd be surprised if he hadn't already tried to win her back. He loved her, no matter how calm or unbothered he tried to seem over it ending.

"I'm sorry, Thor. I'm sure everything with me didn't help. I kept you just as busy."

Thor shook his head. "You were the one thing she didn't mind me leaving for." He chuckled. "She liked to say you kept me grounded, humble."

"I do have that effect. My perfection is unmatched by any." I joked, throwing a grin to the god.

"Alright, no need for your ego right now." He chuckled back. "I truly hope my brother isn't rubbing off on you."

"Who knows? Maybe next I'll take up his favorite pastime."

"You already love to read?"

"I meant stabbing you." I hummed back pleasantly. Thor stopped walking, staring at me.

"I must get you away from him more often. For my sake."

At the tree line, a small blanket set out with wines and snacks was placed neatly on the ground. I raised my eyebrows at Thor, who huffed.

"Not my idea."

Nonetheless, we both sat down. We spent the entire time drinking and discussing fond memories together, mostly missions we worked on for the avengers.

"Has Loki shown you the training grounds yet?" He asked after a bit, a smile spread on his face.

"No, actually. When we work on magic we usually go to the gardens or his study."

"He allows you in his study?" Thor asked, mouth slightly agape. "Even mother has never been there." He scoffed. "I thought allowing you in his bed was surprising."

"What do you mean?" I laughed a bit.

I hadn't thought much of Loki letting me in his room, or his study for that matter. Just like I hadn't thought much of sharing my apartment with him, though he and Thor were the only ones who had ever seen it.

"Loki doesn't share." Thor laughed in return. "And he doesn't allow people in his personal spaces. Except you, apparently."

"Well, I'm special." I teased with a grin.