Part 38 (Loki's POV)

Loki

Loki hadn't slept in days. He couldn't, not while Danielle was gone.

He and Thor hadn't even bothered to discuss the matter with their father before taking off to Vanaheim, and they had been there for days now. He tried to stop his mind from wandering to what was happening to her, what they could be doing to his dove. He was unsuccessful, no matter how hard he tried. It was the only place his mind wanted to go, except for the occasional thought of how horribly stupid the men were for taking her. Did they have no idea what he would do to them? Their imaginations likely weren't creative enough.

Getting to the isle was far easier said than done, knowing that neither of the men had used a regular ship a day in their lives and the bifrost couldn't send them directly to it. Asgard took more for flying than traveling by boat, but the moment he saw the island in the distance he knew what was going on.

"It's an illusion." He grumbled at Thor. "They're hiding there."

Thor already had mjolnir in hand by now, gripping it tightly.

"Then we get inside, take their men captive, get Elle, and call for Heimdall." Thor said, his grip adjusting as the hammer twirled in his hand.

But his words meant nothing to Loki. He had no intentions of worrying about captives, that was an issue for later. Right now, Dani was his priority. He would handle the fools' torture later.

As their boat reached the rock of the shore Loki knew this was going to be harder than he had anticipated. A full shield around the island felt impossible to accomplish, but someone had.

Loki

It was like a whisper in his mind, but he knew he heard it. He heard her. He breathed out a slight laugh, likely looking crazed, and thanked the norns for the night he had taught her how to push her thoughts to him. Doing so at far distances was close to impossible, but that only told him he was right about where she was. More than anything, it told him she was alive.

I'm coming, dove.

"She's here." He told his brother.

"How do you know?" Thor had asked, looking around. From the outside, it looked like an abandoned island full of nothing but broken stones and decrepit buildings. The only telltale sign was the fact that neither man could pass the first foot of shore.

"She's calling for me."

"Ah, perfect." Thor said without any further question, accepting that it must be magic.

Loki held his hands to the shield and for once in his life felt feeble. He automatically knew Eir had to have been the one to do such a thing, the only sorceress with a single chance of surpassing himself or his mother in this specific craft. He cursed at the sky knowing such a strong shield would take quite the amount of magic to destroy, leaving him weakened. Putting up a shield was child's play to Loki, but destroying one could be exhausting.

"You'll need to take the lead once I get this down." He huffed to his brother, though he hated to admit such a thing.

Thor already knew, however. After a millennia of seeing the side effects of Loki's training, he knew just how draining magic could be.

"Just get it down, brother." He encouraged.

And so he did. It was difficult and took several minutes, but the shield and illusion around the island crumpled under his fingertips, revealing a very well island with glorious gold and stone architecture and lots of wildlife.

The blood in the sand, however, made his chest go hollow. He was sure he'd see her on the other side of the shield; he was sure she had to have been close to project into his mind, but she was nowhere within site.