Part 111 (Training)

The next day Loki was even clingier than normal, insisting I come with him to the only magistrate meeting there was for the day, even though it was short and considered unimportant.

Like always, he insisted I sat with him in the throne, and I knew better than to decline. Even though I didn't necessarily like sitting there, I knew choosing not to now would look like I was distancing myself, trying to push him away.

The last thing any of the court needed was King Loki dealing with those thoughts.

I rarely ever added things to meetings, other than the occasional comment to Loki, but today was a rather interesting discussion.

There had been an 'incident' in the village where a couple children wound up creating quite the chaos. These children were using magic, both unsupervised and untrained, and destroyed 3 vendors' livelihoods in the process. By all accounts it was a complete accident, but it brought up the discussion of what to do with 'commoner kids' who could wield magic.

Sorcerers were held to a high regard on Asgard... As long as they were noble.

I nearly rolled my eyes as the court discussed punishments for the children, such as paying back the cost of the goods and property destroyed and working common labor for the crown while the palace itself footed the bill, but I felt myself grow rigid when one actually suggested binding their powers until they became 'of age' - whatever the hell that meant.

Loki felt it, too, and cleared his throat.

"Binding magic is not in any way morally acceptable for our kind, Krisson." He stated, shaking his head. "You should know better than to even suggest such methods of thinking."

"If the children can't control themsel-"

"You cannot expect a child to understand a language they've never been taught." I responded, furrowing my eyebrows. "How in the realms could you expect these children to know the gravity of their abilities without proper training?"

"Then what would you suggest we do, your highness?"

"I would propose we offer training to all Asgardians who harness such ability, rather than keeping the curriculum exclusive to the likes of your sons and daughters."

"The logistics of doing so would b-"

"Don't give me your petty excuse of logistics, Krisson." I sighed, rolling my eyes. "There are, what, less than half a dozen child sorcerers amongst the commoners? You mean to tell me there aren't enough resources to add those children to the, what? Eight amongst the noble houses? The only reason you show such an opinion is your worry that this would put your children at a disadvantage."

"I resent that statement, lady."

"You will refer to my wife properly or lose the privilege of speaking at all." Loki growled, leaning forward as his eyes narrowed. "I think we're all aware of my stance on removing anatomy that's used disrespectfully, but I have no compunction to stray from a reminder."

I'd be lying if I said I didn't somewhat enjoy the looks on most of the court's faces. Some showed no emotion at all, but others nervously glanced between Loki and Krisson, while the last few had a look of pure, smug satisfaction on their faces. My guess would've been that he was a controversial courtsman to begin with.

"My sincerest apologies for forgetting my place, my king," Krisson stated quickly. "My queen, I ask you forgive my outburst."

Loki looked at me, and I could sense the complete neutrality to however I could respond. I don't think it was until that very moment I realized just how much power I had over the situation. If I had told Loki to cut the man's tongue from his mouth right then and there, I was rather sure he would've done it.

How exhilarating that feeling was.

"I grow tired of hearing you speak at all, Krisson." I sighed. "Switch places with house Vale. I'm sure they'd appreciate the seat more."

Loki grinned at that, watching as Krisson's stunned expression rose as he stood, walking towards the middle of the court rather than his place in the front, and allowing Valeson to pass him to the front.

"Your house has two of the eight noble child sorcerers, am I correct?"

"Yes, my queen."

"And what's your stance on my proposal?"

"House Vale has always believed magic to be our true supremacy to the other realms." He stated proudly. "My children would be honored to share their learning experience with fellow sorcerers, of any background. House Vale would happily second such a notion."

"Then move forward the notion." Loki stated. "All in favor?"

Several 'I's sounded around the room, and Loki nodded. "Then it's done. The parchment will be drafted and signed this evening."

With that the meeting ended, the crowd of court men leaving the room quickly and efficiently, just as was demanded of them.

"That was nice." Loki smiled, leaning back a bit and pulling me further into him.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled at his grin. "What exactly was nice?"

"Watching you take command, and watching you embarrass the fool out of Krisson." He responded happily, kissing my temple. "You never cease to impress me is all, darling."

"Well thank you, my king." I hummed in response, earning a soft groan from the god beside me.

"Come here." He murmured against my ear, his lips lingering on the skin underneath before he nipped at me.

"Loki." I warned, but turned around to sit on him nonetheless. He held onto my hips as I straddled him, his smile only growing as he looked me up and down.

"Dove." He mocked back playfully, one hand slowly rising up my body.

"We can't do this here." I scolded, though a giggle escaped my lips as that same hand linked around me, pulling me even further against him. I hadn't even noticed how labored my breathing had gotten until my chest was pressed onto Loki's, rising and falling heavily against him.

"Says who?" He asked, smirking at me as the gold, dim light hit his features. "It certainly wasn't the king."

"L-" I was cut short by his mouth connecting to my own, his feverish need pulsing into me as he desperately clawed at my body.

"We never speak of that again." I giggled as I repositioned my dress, glancing up to get a look at Loki, who fixed his armor while still sat on the throne.

He grinned at me, a deep chuckle escaping his lips. "This is the best day of my existence, darling. You can't tell me never to speak of it."

"What about our wedding day?" I teasingly asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A close second." He chuckled at my shocked expression, standing and kissing my forehead. "Come now, we can check on the healing wing before we draft up your plan."