Part 83 (Company)

Loki immediately took me to our chambers when Thor let us go, teleporting there within seconds. His arm was still slung over my shoulder as our surroundings became the same dark room.

"Lo." I huffed, "You know the Allfather is going to request my pre-"

I was cut off when his lips slammed against mine, his hands grabbing my hips to pull me closer to him. My hands naturally wrapped up into his hair, earning a groan from my god.

"Everyone expected you'd come home tomorrow, darling. No one will request your presence until morning at the soonest."

I giggled as his lips moved to my jawline, making a deep chuckle come from him.

"I missed you too, mischief."

"Oh, I know." He grinned as he pulled back to look at me. "I knew you'd be home as soon as I sent Huginn." I rolled my eyes and Loki went back to kissing me, tossing me onto his bed. "And because of that, I get to have you all to myself this afternoon."

He had just crawled on top of me and taken a dagger out, likely to cut the corset ribbon of my dress, when a soft knock on the door made him stop.

A deep sigh escaped his chest.

"What?"

"It's me, my prince." I heard a higher pitched, woman's voice say.

I raised my eyebrows at Loki, who turned to look at the door in utter confusion.

"What?" He repeated, sounding more frustrated. His bewilderment circled around us. He genuinely was confused.

"Lokiiii, let me in." The voice now whined.

I pushed myself up onto my elbow, pushing Loki up by his chest in the process. I felt myself scoff as a hollow feeling in my chest began to settle.

"Is this a joke?" I asked, my voice full of sheer annoyance.

What the fuck was this?

Loki looked at me with his eyebrows still knitted together, before his face settled a bit and he sprung up from the bed.

"Not one I'm in on." He growled.

His confusion was still present in the air, but complete and utter rage was far more evident. He swung the door open in one swift motion, standing in the way of my view.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

"I-uh. I thought you wanted some company tonight?"

At that I swung myself off the bed, following Loki to the door before I even realized my feet were taking me there.

"Who the fuck is that?" I asked out into the air, though Loki probably thought I was speaking to him.

I gripped the door underneath Loki's hand, pulling it open wider.

"Can I help you?" My voice was calmer than I could ever imagine being, but the complete blanching of the woman in front of me's face satisfied the hel out of me.

She didn't say anything, making me scoff out an airy laugh.

"I said, can I help you?" I repeated, my foot itching to take another step forward.

My breathing felt slightly heavier, my cheeks each coming between my teeth as I gripped the door so hard I could feel the grooves on my fingertips.

"I, uh... I shouldn't be here." The woman nearly whimpered, taking a step backwards.

"Take another step without offering me an explanation, and I just might remove your organs with my teeth."

Loki's grip fell onto my hip as the words flew out of my mouth.

"I... The prince didn't tell me you'd be here tonight, lady Eirdottir."

"Didn't tell you?"

My eyes fell to Loki as he shifted.

"Who the hell are you?" He questioned, his nose crinkling as he looked at her. "What in hel's abyss?"

The smell of burning oak filled the air around us, and Loki's cold hand grabbed my wrist.

"Darling, you're scorching our door." He lightly scolded, removing my hand from the door.

He pulled me backwards a bit before stepping back up to it, calling for the guards to take the girl away. After, he shut the door and stood in front of me, keeping me from the obvious thought of bolting outside and strangling the woman with her own hair.

"Dove, I know that looks ba-"

"Looks bad?" I chuckled out before my tongue found it's way to my cheek. "You think that leaves a bad impression on me?"

"You need to try to calm down." Loki tried to soothe as he approached me, but I took a step backwards.

"How fucking dare you tell me to calm down right now? Is this how you've spent your evenings while I was gone?"

"Darling, I've done nothing wrong." He tried again. "I don't know who that woman is or why she came but I'll find out, okay? Calm down."

"I don't NEED to calm down." I yelled now, my hand flying to the side.

That only proved I really did need to calm down, though, as books went flying off Loki's bookshelf, his drapes swinging vigorously against the closed balcony doors.

I stared for a second, before feeling Loki's light touch on my hips.

"Dove, I didn't do anything." He said quietly. "I swear to you I've done nothing to dishonor our courtship. I'll figure out what that was."

My eyes met Loki's, which held nothing but sincerity as he spoke.

Even then, though, doubt was ever present in my mind. I felt nauseous, my mind now refusing to stray from the thoughts of what Loki could've been doing while I was gone.

It was almost funny how quickly my confidence had been ripped from my head. I hadn't once even thought of Loki cheating while I was away. I would've laughed if anyone had tried to insinuate such a thing had happened. And now I was simply convinced something had to have happened.

Why else would a woman randomly show up to his bedroom door, acting as though he had already previously let her inside?

But then again, why would Loki have been so confused at her presence if she had been there before? Sure, Loki was the god of lies, but you can't fake feelings.

"I'm gonna... Go take a cold shower." I mumbled as I walked out of Loki's grip.

"I-" Loki paused with a sigh, sounding defeated when he spoke again. "I'll leave you some clothes and a towel, my love."