Part 115 (The Great Titan)

"Are you alright, darling?" Loki asked me as he sat me down, his thumb wiping just beneath my eye. "You haven't healed your side yet."

"I'm fine." I said with a deep breath. "Just... Tired. Adrenaline wore off, I think."

Loki seemed worried, his slight anxiety circling around the room.

"Are you sure it's wise we go to Midgard, brother?" Loki asked, sitting beside me and pulling me closer.

Just then, a feeling hit me like a brick right to the face. It reminded me of Ultron, only a million times worse. I sat up further, trying to pinpoint where it was coming from.

"Of course, they love me there."

"Let me rephrase, do you think it's wise bringing Dani and I to Midgard?"

Thor opened his mouth to speak, but I spoke before him.

"Something bad is about to happen."

"What?" Left Thor's mouth.

"See, that's what I mean. Midg-"

"No, no." I quickly shushed Loki. "Now, something bad is gonna happen now."

Thor was instantly up with Loki quickly following as I frantically got up myself, looking all around.

"Dove, what do you-"

"Shush, Loki." Thor stated. "She's never been wrong."

"Obviously." Loki responded quickly.

Just then, they both froze, staring at what was easily the largest warship I had ever seen hovering into sight of the window.

The feeling only intensified, seeming to take my other senses as it did. I could hear, faintly, Loki speaking, as our own ship shook and crunched. I could hear Thor frantically yelling to the others within the ship, but it wasn't until Loki grabbed me tightly and hit the floor as the ship nearly caved in that I was actually brought back to reality.

"Stay down, darling." He whispered against my ear, though his complete and utter fear swarmed me. "No matter what happens, okay? I'm begging you, stay down."

I whimpered as the sound of screaming echoed through the ship, my body wanting nothing more than to jump up and help. But something about Loki being afraid, made me terrified. Loki was afraid of very few things in the world, anything that struck fear in him was definitely a force to be reckoned with. The last thing I wanted to do was leave him alone, or go off to fight knowing he would follow. Over everything, keeping Loki safe was my priority.

"Hear me and rejoice! You have the privilege of being saved by the great titan!"

My blood ran cold as I heard those words, my heart pounding in my chest so hard, I almost thought it would burst.

"You may think this is suffering. No... it is salvation. The universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become children of Thanos." The speech continued.

Loki took a slow breath and kissed my temple, before leaning his lips against my ear. "Just stay down. I love you."

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." I heard a slow, calculated voice speak just after Loki teleported away from me, leaving me on the cold ground alone.

"It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM."

I tried to turn my head, peaking over the edge of debris just enough to see the titan, holding up what looked to be a gauntlet.

"The tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference." The large, purple being spoke now.