Part 64 (Loki's POV)

Loki

Loki wasn't sure what happened, but he knew something was wrong. He could feel in his gut, something was wrong with Dani. It were as if, somewhere deep within his conscious, something screamed out to him, telling him to find her immediately. He hadn't ever experienced such a thing, such an insanely strong sense.

He had sent an illusion to his and Dani's room as he walked the palace, which still hadn't been cleared by the guards. When she was nowhere to be found within the confines of their suite, Loki's stomach dropped.

He was rushing towards the healing wing when he saw Thor walking out. His hands were still covered in blood, staining up his arms as a hard expression laced his features.

"Brother." He spoke, deep and gruff, yet quiet.

"Is she in there?" Loki asked, praying she had been called in by the healers.

"Yes, she's healing people." Thor almost grimaced as he spoke, which didn't go unnoticed by Loki.

"Mother?"

"Also healing. You'd do well not to bother them."

Something in Loki's mind wouldn't let up, however. The aching was building to be too much no matter his brother's words, and he continued towards the door.

"Don't!" Thor nearly yelled.

Loki instantly turned, glaring at his brother. He was hiding something.

Thor huffed out, "Just don't stop her. She's doing too well, even in the state she's in."

Loki's eyebrows furrowed and he stormed into the room, unsure what 'the state' she was in meant exactly. When he entered, Thor followed, instantly holding onto his brother to keep him from rushing the girl.

Her skin was bloodstained, her eyes glowing an abnormal bronze and gold, and her once beautiful off white gown was soaked crimson. She had cuts and bruises that proved she had seen battle, and the cut on her shoulder still actively bled as she healed one soldier after another. Another gash bled lightly down her cheek, and her collarbone was very clearly partially healed, unfinished and still bright red.

Loki had seen many healings in his time, but never had he seen such quick work made of gashes, stabs, complete reattachment of limbs.

"Someone needs to stop her." Loki grumbled as he tried to push his brother, but Thor held on and shook his head.

"She's doing more work in seconds than my healers would do in hours, Loki." Frigga stated as she walked passed him, bringing more supplies to the other healers.

"She's overtaxing her magic." He argued.

He looked back at Danielle, who's trance was too engulfing to acknowledge the argument going on only feet away from her. Loki wondered if she even heard them.

"Yes, she will likely sleep for many moons after this." Frigga said, a slight bit of worry in her voice. "But we will take good care of h-"

"Take good care of her now! She's covered in blood and wounded, yet she's left to heal everyone in the palace?!"

"She healed herself already, brother." Thor said, though he had no idea that this would only set Loki aflame even more.

"Healed herself?! She's bleeding as we speak! What happened?!"

Thor huffed as he grabbed his brother and threw him against a chair, slamming Mjolnir onto his lap. "She teleported to mother and Jane."

"I told her to stay put." Loki practically seethed. "So she goes running around the palace playing hero?" He yelled, looking back at the girl in hopes his outburst would pull her from the healers lull.

"She saved mother's life. She fought a group of Dark elves alone, including Malekith, and she won, Loki. Malekith feared for his life and fled Asgard, his other men were dead when I arrived." Thor huffed. "I carried her here, and when we walked through the door it was as if... As if she could just sense the need for help. She arose from her bed and then." Thor waved towards her, her trance still holding her captive healing one Asgardian after another. "This."

"She needs to stop this, Thor." Loki growled, using all his might as he tried to fling the hammer off his lap. "She's hurting herself. You have no idea the amount of pain that comes with overtaxing."

"She's saving lives." Thor reasoned. "I don't want her in pain either, brother. But she's not just saving people from pain, she's saving them from certain death." He pointed out one of the guards, "He was cut in half, Loki. No other healer here could have saved him, he was practically on the march to Valhalla already. And yet, she did it within minutes."

Loki grew quiet at this, and Thor continued as he pointed to another. "He took a blade to the skull. Barely had a heartbeat when he was brought in here, and yet he was awake and talking only moments ago after her healing."

"At what cost?" Loki worried. "This level of healing, what is the cost of it?!"

Thor shook his head. "I do not know. But I will not stop her, and I will not allow you to either."