Part 44 (Team Cap)

Wanda and I spent the evening eating a ridiculous amount of food. She spent most of it explaining a long list of issues that led to her now imprisonment.

The next day I spent most of the day practicing my magic, before repeating the same thing from the evening previous, except now it was my turn to talk the entire night, especially after I broke into the bar cabinets, allowing alcohol to loosen my tongue. I told Wanda the real everything, down to finding out Loki was engaged.

"What an asshole!" She gasped, "Both of them!"

I nodded in agreement, taking another massive gulp from my 5th bottle of Crown and another French fry from our shared basket.

"Right? Loki I guess I should have expected it from... But Thor?"

"What were their explanations for that?" Wanda questioned. I cringed.

"I didn't really let either of them give me one... Just ran back here."

"Dani." Wanda sighed. "You could've at least heard Thor out. Maybe not Loki, if you didn't want to, but... Thor has been your best friend for years."

"And yet he still didn't tell me."

"It also... And I'm NOT defending either of them... But it doesn't sound like they had much time to, between everything." She tried to reason.

I took another big swig from the bottle at that, finishing it off and shrugging.

"Yeah, I guess that's not an incorrect assessment. But Loki was here for weeks before that! He could've told me!"

"Thor didn't know you two were together, before you went to Asgard, though. Maybe he had a good explanation for not telling you."

"Yeah, I guess you might be right." I mumbled.

I nearly downed the last bit of the bottle with a grumble, a long list of slurs about the stupid Asgardian gods.

Just then, an explosion rang off in the distance, and we both stood to look out the window.

"What is it?" Wanda asked Vision, who stood beside us.

I felt myself stiffen as a presence, a feeling became clearer to me. It wasn't Wanda or Vision, but another one. One that I felt comfortable with. I furrowed my eyebrows, but didn't say anything.

"Stay here, please." Vision said softly before going directly outside to investigate.

Wanda waited a second, before flipping around with glowing hands.

"Clint!" I said excitedly, stopping the kitchen knife she had began to throw at him with my own, gold glow.

Clint tilted his head for a moment, before shaking his head and shooting arrows at opposing walls. "I'm not going to ask, Dani."

"What're you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kids. We were supposed to go water skiing." He grumbled. "Cap needs our help, come on."

I instantly followed, but Clint grabbed Wanda's hand to hurry her forward as well. "What's go-"

"Clint." Vision's voice rang from behind us, the being nearly exasperated with Clint's tricks, "You should not be here."

Clint turned. "Really? I retire for, what? 5 minutes and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions." Vision warned.

"Okay, considered."

Just as Vision took another step, a wave of energy stopped him in his tracks, the arrows working similarly to an electrical fence.