Part 45 (The Airport)

"You're ready, right?" Cap had said as we walked through the airport, preparing our distraction.

It was quiet, but I had already felt that they were here. I knew it the moment we got close, knowing Tony's energy like the back of my hand.

Cap had decided, since it was Tony, me coming with him for the distraction would be easiest. His little sister walking into the line of fire would obviously get a rise out of Iron Man, and from there his usually calm, calculating mind would falter.

A miniature Scott was in my hand, sitting on my palm which I nonchalantly placed on Cap's shield. Cap had warned me previously that they'd try to get the shield from him to weaken him, a low blow I knew Tony would gladly take. I had my own in mind, silently praising Tony for shooting down my nanotech suit ideas. His suit had gaps, the perfect place for our new miniature friend when the time was right.

"Still getting used to my powers, but Loki taught me quite a bit." I responded. "They're moving in." I whispered after, just as we got out into the open.

"You know how many? Or who?"

"Tony, Rhodey, and Nat. The other two feel foreign." I said. "Vision has no feeling to me; he could be here too. If Tony is smart he brought anyone he could."

Cap pointed to a helicopter, and we began jogging to it. As if on cue, one of my own inventions shot into the helicopter, completely demobilizing it. A shock dart.

Tony and Rhodey both landed in front of us, making us stop.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." Tony remarked as his face shield flew up. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird." Rhodey added.

Cap began trying to explain, but I butted in as I felt another presence rushing us.

"3 o'clock." I stated without breaking eye contact with Tony. Cap's head shot to his right, a few seconds before a man in a black, cat-like costume made his entrance.

"Captain."

"Your highness." He smiled.

"Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in, that was 24 hours ago." Tony interrupted. "Can you help a brother out?"

Tony and Steve argued for another moment, Steve trying to explain the issue with the super soldier, but I could tell it was of no use. Nothing was changing Tony's mind at the moment. Instead, I kept my eyes on Natasha as she stepped out.

"We all know how this is going to end. Do you really wanna punch your way out?"

"If you choose not to walk away, you'll leave us no choice." I responded with a smile and a pleasant tone.

"Underoos!"

One look at the boy as he shot through above us, yanking Cap's shield and webbing our hands together, told me he was a child.

"Where the hell did you get him? Do his guardians know you pulled him out of daycare?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, hi. I'm... S-Spider-Man. Big fan. Cap-Captain? Big fan."

I shook my head. "How old are you?"

"Don't answer that." Tony scolded, staring at me. I was already focused on the kid, reading his mind for the answer.

Fucking 14. I was locked away in the tower 'for my safety', while Tony put an innocent child's life on the line.

"Tony, send that kid home before he gets hurt." I nearly growled. "He's a child."