Part 76 (Vanaheim)

Between giving Loki attention, fulfilling my duties in the healing wing, and spending time with Ingrid as she slowly prepared Fandral's quarters for the baby, 3 days had passed in no time, meaning my abrupt departure for Vanaheim, alongside house Njord, was coming quickly.

That morning I woke up laced in Loki's vice grip knowing he was already awake.

"Morning, my king." I hummed.

Loki huffed in response.

"I'll see you in a few days, Lo." I turned in his grip to face him, peppering his jaw in kisses.

"I told you, darling. Your stunt with the Allfather may make him reconsider that fact." He grumped, still frustrated with my conversation with Odin days prior.

"He asked!" I defended again, rolling my eyes. "And he seemed satisfied after I told him I hadn't said anything to anyone."

Loki glared, releasing a puff of air from his nose. "You won't even be here for your name day."

"I'll be home soon, love. Please calm." I mumbled, nipping at his neck.

"Stop it."

"No."

"Dove." He warned gently after I nipped again, holding the entirety of my jaw in his hand as he pushed me to lay flat on the bed. "Stop before you start something we have no time for today." He murmured against my lips, kissing me lightly at the end.

I grinned. "Since when have time constraints ever stopped us?"

30 minutes later I was a giggling mess as I hurried to grab my things, allowing Loki to dress me with his magic as well as fix my hair. He tried to suppress the grin that begged to be on his lips, failing rather miserably as he pulled me to him for another kiss on my way out the door.

When he teleported us to the bifrost, Freyr and Fjolnir, as well as 5 Einherjar, were waiting on me. Thor stood by Heimdall, rushing down to give me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"If you need any help, little sister."

"I'll call for the big guy." I smirked, nodding my head towards the guardian, who already had his sword in hand. Heimdall smiled widely and nodded his head back.

Loki glared at the Vanir who waited on me, pulling me to him aggressively before I had the chance to walk to the starting point.

"I love you." He murmured against my lips.

"I adore you." I teased back with another kiss. "See you in a few days, love."

I grabbed my bag from Loki's arm and walked towards the group, only for Fjolnir to rush towards me, scooping my bag away and lifting my hand to his lips.

"I plan to show you the most wonderful parts of Vanaheim, princess!" He grinned childishly. He glanced at Loki. "In the friendliest, most respectful way that won't get me murdered."

That earned a chuckle from Thor, who slapped Loki's shoulder when his stern look refused to waver.

"Be good while I'm gone, gentlemen!" I called out before finally reaching the group, walking towards the entrance of the bifrost.

Traveling by bifrost is never fun. I'm unsure how such an advanced civilization, who have had the same magical device for centuries, had yet to make it a more pleasurable experience. Fjolnir held me up from almost face-planting, chuckling as he did.

"Are you alright, princess?"

"Fine." I grumbled. "Gods, I hate that thing." I brushed the inexistent dust off my cloak, before holding my hands behind my back.