Part 14 (The Date)

Slight 🔥 warning.

The next morning I went down to grab a cup of coffee from the commons, watching as Cap sat at the table looking over some papers.

"Everything alright there, Captain?" I questioned as I took a sip, feeling the frustration radiating around him.

He licked his top lip as he leaned forward, setting down the papers with a huff, "Nothing new, Dani."

I walked over and sat down, glancing at the papers. All of them were about the upcoming legislation. I felt my feet tap on the ground a few times before I looked up at Steve.

"You were right." I whispered softly, before looking down at the palms of my hands. "Seems you're good at that."

I heard the loose chuckle as it escaped Cap's lips, feeling his hand on my shoulder. "Of course I am."

"Alright, grandpa. No need to get a big head." I smirked as he grinned back at me. I bit my cheek as I looked back down at the papers, huffing myself. "I'm not sure there's anything I can do here to help. But... Just one call, and I'd be there."

His grin turned to a sweet smile as he nodded. "I know, Dani. I hope you know I'd do the same for you."

I nodded and we sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments, before my phone began buzzing in my pocket.

"I gotta take this." I whispered as I stood from the table, watching Steve's knowing smirk as I went to my room, my hand brushing his shoulder as I passed.

"Director." I said in a monotone voice, sitting on my bed as I held my phone to my ear.

"Rollins taking a serious interest in you was never really the plan." Fury commented first, his voice gruff and hoarse as he spoke into the phone. "But, we think this could be valuable. At the very least for keeping tabs on him."

"I understand." I said pointedly, waiting for some further direction.

"I want you to keep the fish on the line. The phone has been salting the gps tracking, so I'm gonna need a tracker placed on Rollins himself. I can have a tracker delivered to you to put on him at your date tonight. One I can ensure, if placed correctly, he will never find."

"I have an apartment you can deliver it to." I replied, fiddling with my fingers. "I'll send you the address."

A couple hours later I went to the flat I had paid for a few years prior, grabbing the package from the door as I stepped inside. I rarely ever went there, and had considered selling more than once, however having the option to leave the tower when things erupted between Tony and I was always nice. When I did stay during fights between us, it was only ever for a week or two at a time.

I huffed as I got ready for my 'date', or rather 'Danica's' date. I knew the restaurant he had sent me relatively well, so I wore a black, satin wrap dress that showed off quite a bit of cleavage and went to my mid-thigh. It was just elegant enough for a nice dinner date, and I paired it with a pair of diamonds earrings, a diamond necklace, a couple rings, and a pair of black heels, each with a ribbon that tightened around my ankle to the start of my calf.

I grabbed a cab to the restaurant, a rather fancy establishment with dim lighting and ridiculous prices. As I walked in Jack was waiting by the door, a smile as he saw me.

"Hello, beautiful." He said as his grin grew, his hand resting on the small of my back. "You look amazing."

"Wipe your mouth, darling. You're drooling." I teased with a wink as he eyed my body, though I felt sick to my stomach in all honesty.