Part 73 (Green)

After my talk with Tony, I called out to Loki.

He's off the phone, love. Not rushing you, have fun with your mother. I was just letting you know.

I projected the thought before placing the device down on the nightstand beside the bed, still smiling like an idiot at the prospect of being able to speak to Tony as I pleased. Who would've ever considered such a thing? A device that allowed you to communicate between worlds, between realms across the galaxy from one another.

Suddenly, I felt far better about living on Asgard.

Even I understood how ridiculous that thought was, how completely indecisive I seemed when it came to Tony and I's relationship. To love someone as much as I love my brother, while simultaneously resenting so much that has happened... It's confusing for others, I'm sure. But even the thought of being able to contact my brother made a world of difference for me. It completely changed my viewpoint on life, honestly. It suddenly seemed so much easier, as if a burden I hadn't known I was carrying was lifted off my shoulders.

I grabbed the sketchbook and pencils, smiling at my brothers attempt to get me back into the hobby. He always said I was happiest when I was creating, when I was expressing as freely as he did in his lab.

I flipped to the first page and began to mindlessly sketch the first few things that came to mind,

I wasn't sure how long I sat there doing so, though it didn't feel like long before Loki was slipping back into the room. He smiled softly as I had yet to notice him, finally shooting him a glance when he was several feet in the room.

"I didn't realize you were a fan of creation, my darling dove." He whispered softly.

"I'm out of practice." I hummed back, "I haven't drawn or painted since I started writing my dissertation for grad school."

"That's the paper you spent so much time on when we met, yes?"

I nodded, "It took me a year to write, quite literally. You came at a lucky time in comparison to the beginning." I chuckled at my own observation, making Loki do the same.

Loki climbed back into the bed, raising his eyebrows as he looked at the page and watched my pencil dance.

"That's..."

"A dove." I responded with a smile. "Like I said, I'm out of practice."

"Is there a single thing you cannot do?" Loki scoffed. "To illustrate such things so beautifully, so realistically in the small amount of time I've left you alone is... dumbfounding."

"I cannot sing on key to save my life." I remarked back with a smirk, making Loki chuckle.

"I highly doubt that's accura-"

"I do believe Natasha once compared it to Thor's abilities."

Loki laughed harder now, shaking his head. "Alright, no lullabies by you."

"Wise choice, Mischief."

I shut the sketchbook and tossed it on the nightstand before huffing dramatically, throwing myself backwards on the bed.

"Tired, perfection?" Loki hummed, his fingertips dragging across my hip.

I felt myself smirk as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Not quite. I'm sure you can get me there, though."

The attractive chuckle that left Loki's lips made my smirk grow, as did the eye roll he pulled to feign being put upon. "If that is what my lady requires, I must oblige."

I was in a fit of giggles as he leaned over, pressing his lips firmly to mine in a hungry kiss.

The next morning I woke up still feeling almost euphoric. It felt like it'd been forever since we woke up this way, with Loki's arms wrapped tightly around me, a single leg locking me to him. In reality, it had been less than a week, but I could feel his satisfaction in the air. I could sense his pure pleasure with our position, telling me he was awake.

"Good morning, love." I hummed from his bare chest, hearing the vibration as he released an airy laugh.

"Good morning, my queen."

"I suppose we have breakfast with the visitors again this morning?"

Loki sighed, "Unfortunately. Mother's requested we go."

I groaned as I forced myself up and off of Loki, a pout finding it's way to my face.

"We will find our way back to our chambers soon, my pet." He teased as he waved a hand at me, an elegant forest green dress now draping over my body.

"That's a new color choice." I hummed, admiring the sparkling fabric.

"I can change it, if you'd l-"

"I did not say that, Mischief. I simply said it was new. You usually prefer me in gold tones."

"You look like a queen goddess in gold, so sinfully pure in white-tones." He responded casually, not looking at me as he healed a few love bites on his neck in the mirror.

"And what do I look like in green?" I questioned with a smile.

"Mine." He responded bluntly.

I grinned at that, making Loki smirk. "I do enjoy looking yours."

Loki made no time of striding to me, his arms wrapping around my hips securely as his lips met my forehead. "A fact I thank the fates for every day, darling."

I gave him a chaste kiss before settling back down to my feet.

"Did you ever decide what your issue with Fjolnir is?"

His smile broke, turning to a thin line as he huffed. "Unfortunately, no."

"What made you think he was up to something?"

"I asked him about finding your mother's journal." He admitted. "His answers. He was lying to me."

I raised an eyebrow, forcing him to continue.

"He claimed to have found it on the isle, but it was a lie. He claimed to have never tried to read it, which was another lie."

"Perhaps it was his mother? He's still unaware you know, and he did tell me they found it together."

"I believe that's a possibility, but... Something feels off, dove. Just promise me you'll be careful around he and his father."

I could feel his anxiety, his nerves with the topic.

"Yes, my love."

Breakfast was rather uneventful. I came in with Loki and sat beside him at the head table, feeling his nerves still ticking all around us. He was frustrated with the idea of not knowing what the two Vanir were up to, but also with the idea of me being near them. I could sense it like raindrops falling during a drizzle.

His hand found it's way to my thigh for most of the meal, reassuring himself that I was just beside him, safe and protected.

I was surprised as Freya and Odin spoke that he was so boastful about mine and Loki's separate accomplishments. It was the first time she and her daughter joined us at the head table, though. That wasn't the most surprising part of the morning, though, but rather the way Odin referred to me.

"My good daughter is also quite the healer. She healed half our army alone after the attack."

Loki stiffened just as I did with the endearing name, and the only emotion I could feel on Odin was simple pride.

Did he just...?

Yes.

Frigga was grinning as she glanced at the pair of us, making Loki give her a soft smile in return, almost too quick and too faint to notice.

"Eir would be proud."

"I'm sure she is."