Part 42 (Leaving)

Fandral and I walked towards my room from the hall, an awkward silence falling on us as we did. I looked anywhere but at him, while in contrast I could feel his eyes piercing me the entire time.

"I'm really sorry, Dani. I didn't mean... I thought one of them had to have already told you." He nearly mumbled, his hand finding the small of my back. "I was just being an ass."

"If they had, I wouldn't..." I huffed, shaking my head. "I know nothing about any of it."

"Her name is Sigyn. I don't know much else about the current status of everything, except that the contract still stood as of Loki's journey to Midgard." Fandral gave up quickly.

For a moment he didn't seem like Fandral, or one of the warriors, or even one of Thor's friends. He was just a friend, a friend of mine, who cared enough to tell me the truth rather than hide by omission.

I almost faltered in step after I thought about his words for a second. I had heard that name before, Sigyn. The whispers in the village mentioned her and I felt myself laughing again. How ironic. How painfully ironic that I had gotten a bad feeling about those specific whispers, just to find out later I had every right to.

"Well, thank you." I said quietly. "I appreciate your honesty, and the way you've treated me tonight."

As we stopped at my door, Fandral took my hand, kissing my knuckles softly.

"If this.. Situation, isn't remedied, do know that invitation for a picnic stands." He said, adding a cheeky smirk to the end of his sentence.

I rolled my eyes again at the man, but smiled. "Andddd now he's back."

"Can't blame me, can you?" He said with a chuckle, earning a laugh from me as well.

I leaned up on my toes, kissing his cheek.

"Thanks, Fandral." I said as I opened my door and walked in, closing it behind me.

I instantly went to change my clothes, grabbing a t-shirt and leggings to put on instead. I felt myself growing anxious, debating whether I even wanted to discuss the issue with Loki.

He could be volatile in arguments, and though I knew he wouldn't hurt me, I wasn't sure I was in the correct state to deal with a tantrum. I could break for the bifrost, ask Heimdall to send me home, and take some time to myself... I could even see Tony, who I'm sure was still a worried mess even with my note and Thor's assurance. Most importantly, I could get away from Loki and Thor, and away from this gods forsaken place.

I was wiping my makeup off when a slam of my door made me jump.

"What the fuck?" I nearly yelled as I walked out of the bathroom to Loki's pacing figure. He licked his top teeth when he looked at me.

"That, exactly." He nearly hissed at me. "What in Odin's beard is your explanation?"

"My explanation?" I scoffed, genuinely taken aback.

Who the hell did he think he was, demanding an explanation of me? For what even? Shouldn't he be the one explaining?

"Yes, your explanation. As to why you leave with Fandral and he comes back WITH YOUR LIPSTICK ON HIS JAW."

He took a step forward as he raised his voice, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Wow, I kissed a man's cheek. Give me the axe why don't you?" I rolled my eyes, walking passed him to grab socks out of my bag. Loki's audible scoff made me continue. "I could've betrothed myself to him, then we'd be on level playing ground at least."

When I turned to look back at Loki, his jaw was slack, his eyes a bit wider.

"I... He told you?" He breathed out.

I stared at him with what I'm positive was a completely blank expression, tilting my head.

"You know, I actually expected a better response than that." I shook my head after a second of silence. "Not sure why." I mumbled, sitting on the bed to put my socks and shoes on.

Loki was frozen for a minute, "I didn't..."

"Didn't what? Think I'd find out?" I scoffed out, "Didn't think anybody would ever mention your 'betrothed'?"

I stood back up and tossed my bag onto the bed, throwing all my things into it rather haphazardly.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked, watching.

I could feel his sudden panic radiate off of him.

I laughed. "Building a fucking cathedral. What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Dove, let me explain." Loki stated, managing to slide his way between the bag and I. "I didn't... It was an arranged agreement, between Odin and Freya."

"I hope your arranged marriage goes well." I responded flatly, tossing my brush around him and into my bag.

"I am not marrying her." He stated through gritted teeth.

I went to throw my book into my bag, making Loki grab my arm.

"Danielle, stop that now and listen to me." He demanded.

I laughed at that, "Right, of course. My sincerest apologies, Prince Loki."

"Do not do that." He growled. "Don't attempt to anger me because of your assumptions."

"Are you betrothed or not?" I asked. His lips turned to a thin, tight line, making me nod. "Exactly, that's not an assumption. That's a fact. One that you purposely didn't disclose, one that Thor purposely didn't disclose, one that you both chose to keep from me. So with all due respect, your highness, get the fuck out of my way."

"Stop that now." He said, unfaltering as I tried to brush passed him.

His hands went to my hips, holding me in place, while I grabbed his wrists to attempt to pry him off.

"Don't ever call me that again, not in this millennia or the next, understand? I am Loki. Just Loki to you." His face was only centimeters from mine, his frustration floating around the room and engulfing any and all bit of space. "And you're going to l-"

"Get out of my way, Loki. I'm going home."