Part 99 (Unsure)

"I, uh..." Loki's face paled, and I could feel his worry like a shock to the spine. "I'm unsure that's wise, father."

Odin grinned down at us. Loki? Turning down the throne? Completely unheard of. It was all he had ever wanted for centuries now. Both the king and queen seemed to have an idea this would happen, though, because Frigga simply smirked.

"You've changed, my boy, since the last time you assumed this throne. I trust, with your mother's guidance... and supervision, and your wife by side, you will do well for the period of my rest."

"Can't Tho-"

"Frigga and I raised two kings, Loki." Odin stated forcefully, exasperatedly. "I've become aware of... Certain ways I have failed you." His glance at me made my chest tighten, my eyes falling to the ground quickly. "But I will not stand for being told I failed in that. Now, you two will begin your planning immediately."

Loki opened his mouth to protest again, but I grabbed his hand to halt him.

"Thank you, Allfather." I hummed as I slightly pulled him around to walk towards the doors with me.

Once back in our chambers, Loki's pacing figure concerned me slightly.

"Love?" I asked softly, tilting my head at him.

"I'm unsure what Thor told you of the last time I assumed the throne, b-"

"But that's not who you are."

"No, that was me! There was no manipulation, no torture. Just me, almost killing half my family."

I took a step forward, my hands resting on Loki's cheeks.

"Love, you're not that person anymore. You can't deny your home because of past mistakes. I'll be right here, right by your side."

"But what if I become that person again?"

"You were hurting, Lo. Hurt people hurt others, that's life. But you're not hurting anymore, are you?"

Loki slowly shook his head. "I don't think so."

"Exactly." I sighed, my thumbs running up and down his jawline. "Now I need you to get yourself together. A frantic Loki is not conducive to effective, time constrained wedding planning."

"Shit."

My eyebrows raised in slight shock at Loki's language, but a smile fell onto my lips.

"What?" I asked seriously, though my amusement was evident.

"They're making us rush our wedding. Midgardians stay engaged for a year or longer, and, I mean, Asgardians don't normally, but nobody even asked y-"

I quickly shushed Loki, giggling a bit. "Some Midgardians prefer to have long engagements, some do not. There is no set rules for such things, my love." I cooed at him, grabbing his hands and forcing him to wrap his arms around my waist. "If you would like more time, I'm more than happy to speak with the Allfather about the matter. But I am quite comfortable with this pace or any other."

"You are?" His slight shock didn't need to be felt, as his expression showed it perfectly.

"Surprisingly, yes." I hummed, wrapping my arms around his neck as I lifted up to my tiptoes. "I'm rather anxious to get to call you my husband. I could marry you right this minute and be absolutely blissed."

That earned a sweet smile from Loki. His grip around my waist tightened a fraction as he hummed his appreciation, resting his forehead against my own.

"Husband." He sighed out, "Now that is a title I never thought I'd get to hold."

"And now you will, sooner than later. So, straighten up and help me face the bursting joy your mother is currently feeling on the other side of our door."

He looked confused for only a split second, before he realized I had been feeling Frigga's emotions for almost the entirety of our conversation. He sighed with a small smile on his face.

"We're coming, mother!" He called to the door, only to receive a small giggle in response.

He shook his head, giving me one last glance. "I love you."

"I worship you." I teased back, wrinkling my nose with a smile.

With a single chaste kiss, we both walked towards the door to the awaiting queen.