Part 80 (Second Visit)

I spent a long time that night pushing myself further and further, watching vision after vision using the necklace.

I wasn't even sure what magic was being used to show me all these things, a scary thought I only had once I had stopped for the night. Curse my idiotic curiosity.

Most of the visions were pertaining to me, all the different things Fafnir and I would do together. Every so often, I'd get a glimpse of one of my brothers, and surprised myself by knowing which was which right off the bat. It was almost as if my memories were simply untapped, each vision coming with a wave of new ones in my own mind.

Trips to the village, hiking, climbing, flying. The more I saw, the more I realized how much I had adored a man I had completely forgotten over the years. My father was my favorite person when I was a child, always ready to cater to my every whim, treating me as the most precious thing in the universe. In the weirdest of ways, it somewhat reminded me of Loki, the way he'd go out of his way to ensure my happiness.

I huffed as I pushed myself out of the bed, still exhausted from the night before. I checked my eyes in the mirror to see they were still red, but not horribly so. I could easily write it off as a sleepless night to anyone who couldn't pay much attention.

However, Loki would notice. And he would not take any answer that wasn't the full truth.

I changed into leggings and a cloak, throwing over it another long, dress-like coat that covered the entirety of my body. It was tight at the top, flaring out a bit at the bottom. It's ivory color went perfectly with the white fur that insulated the inside, peaking out from every line. I pulled my hair into a tight bun behind my head and applied a small amount of makeup, mostly to hide the splotches from my lack of sleep.

Walking alongside the guards, Frode approached me.

"Are you alright, Lady Dani?"

"Yes, why?"

"You're, um... You look as though you've been upset."

I feigned a smile to Frode, shaking my head. "I had a rather restless night. I'm afraid being away from my usual comforts is finally catching up to me. No need to worry, though it's much appreciated."

He returned the small smile and nodded.

We only stood there for a few minutes before the swirl in the sky came, it's rainbow colors and nearly blinding light landing quickly to the ground.

"My queen, my prince." I said softly, unable to speak any louder due to the blaring headache I had.

Frigga and Loki both slowly approached, reminding me of large cats preparing to catch prey.

"What happened?" Frigga was first to speak, taking a moment to scan my face.

"Who did it?" Loki growled.

"Nothing of worry, I can assure you."

Frigga's hand rested on my back as she led me further away from the einherjar.

"What. Happened.?" She asked more clearly. I felt Loki against my back, turning only a centimeter before I could see him towering over to look at me.

"I found a necklace that belonged to my mom, and when I touch it..." I huffed softly. "I.. Admittedly spent a long portion of last night purposely seeking visions through it."

Frigga looked incredibly relieved, her hand resting on my cheek as she gave me a sympathetic smile. "Oh, dear girl. Are you alright? What did you see?"

"Just memories. I'm fine, really." I assured her, feeling Loki's hand now on my hip, pressing my back further into his chest.

"We'll discuss it later." He grumped.

I gave Frigga an apologetic smile, but she seemed pleased that I had indeed done it to myself. She patted my cheek and began walking, making me walk beside her. Loki kept his arm firmly on my hip, surprising me considering he wasn't usually one who enjoyed PDA.

"Other than that, Vanaheim has been treating you kindly?"

"Incredibly so." I responded pleasantly. "You'd think I was royalty myself."

Frigga chuckled at that. "Soon." She teasingly hummed, winking at Loki.

"Motherrr." He whined, rolling his eyes, causing me to giggle. "You too." Loki teasingly warned.

Frigga checked up on the healing wing and made quick work of looking through their files.

"I see no purpose for my presence." She chuckled. "You've done everything I would insist on completing already."

"So we should go home and take her with us." Loki chimed in with a hopeful smile, squeezing my shoulders as he stood behind my sitting frame.

I looked up at him with a smirk, pleased he couldn't wait to get me back home.

Frigga rolled her eyes. "I'd think Dani would want to stay at least another week, to ensure they're capable of keeping up with this level of work."

"That's correct." I hummed. "I'd hate to leave just for the Vanir to fall back into their old routine."

Loki groaned. "Come on, everything looks fine. If they can't keep up with it that's their pro-"

Loki stopped when he looked at Frigga and I, neither of us amused and it was evident on both our faces.

"Just a little while longer, love." I smiled as I put some of the files away. "No need to get impatient."

"Beg your pardon?"

"You heard me, mischief."

Sitting on the bed in my suite, Loki cocked an eyebrow.

"Now, explain the necklace, will you?"

I bit my cheek as I shut the door, coming and sitting cross-legged beside him, facing him. "Sigyn had my mother's necklace. She claimed Freyr gave it to her." I began, shaking my head. "He... I think he might have..."

"Killed them?"

I shook my head, "I'm unsure. The first vision I got felt more like a warning." I hummed softly. "He tried to kill my father, then had him locked away in some dungeons. The only issue is I have no idea when that happened. And I didn't get any more visions about that, or their deaths. And that stupid enchanted journal is taking forever to get through, no matter how much I try to skip it never gets to the part I need."

I was growing more and more frustrated as I explained everything to Loki, my hands wringing themselves as I spoke without me even noticing. Loki did, though, grabbing my hands when they began to turn red.

"Calm, love." He whispered softly, soothingly in his silky voice. "We will figure it out, I assure you. In the meantime, though, we need to figure out a way to get you home sooner rather than later."

"I'm okay, Lo. If Freyr wanted to hurt me, he would've made his move by now. I also have guards."

"No." He shook his head. "I don't want you here with these... mongrels any more. It gives me a poor feeling."

"I'll be extra safe, and extra quiet until I get to come back." I reasoned.

Loki growled. "You're a goddess. You should need silenced for nothing. Once you leave, I would feel more than comfortable to demand answers of that wannabe king and his subpar clan... Just come home with me, I'll handle Odin."

I kissed Loki's cheek, shaking my head. "You're discussing entire realms here, darling. Things must be handled more cautiously than that."

"Exactly, which is why I need you safely back in Asgard."

"And I will be soon."

—————————————————————-
Short AN: god I forgot how boring these last couple chapters are. It picks back up y'all, I promise.

Also, sorry for posting delays. I am a college student and classes have been kicking my arse this last week! Should go back to my couple chapters a day soon!