Part 117 (Wakanda)

"You're sure you want to do this, dove?" Loki's voice was soft as he crouched down in front of my seat on the quinjet, his sympathetic expression stuck to his face.

"I can't let him get away with this. You don't have to come if y-"

"I'm not leaving your side. Don't you dare to even suggest such a thing, understand?" He gently grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. "We can go to war with the Titan, or we can leave now and go to the Asgardians. Either way, we're staying together."

"I need to help." I whispered.

"I know you do." He said with a small, soft smile, his hand adjusting to rest on my cheek.

"I love you." I mumbled, feeling his lips press against my forehead.

"I love you too, my dove." He murmured against my skin. "Those nosey little mortals are watching us." He sighed when he broke away from me, rolling his eyes.

I could feel just how pleased he was with himself when a small, brief smile broke onto my face.

"We're coming up on it now." I said as I glanced in the mentioned 'mortals' direction, seeing the tree line coming closer.

"That... is a very impressive illusion." Loki stated only a second later.

Steve breathed out a soft laugh, "Yeah, Buck thought Dani had finally snapped when she flew us through it the first time. We didn't know she could see through the illusion, and we thought T'Challa gave us the wrong coordinates."

I smirked a bit at the memory, but Loki raised his eyebrows as he looked at me. Loki, of course, knew I didn't have his knack for seeing through illusions.

"We'll discuss that later." He mumbled as he watched the craft fly through the barrier, the full, beautiful, real landscape coming into view.

Exiting the quinjet was a nostalgic-like experience, though I had only been to Wakanda once before. Steve was talking to T'Challa as I took a breath, Loki seeming to pick up on my change in demeanor as he instinctively pushed a hand to my back.

"Not too late for us to leave, darling. We don't even have to stay on Midgard, we could travel wherever in the universe you desired."

"I'm not leaving, Lo. He can't win." I mumbled.

Loki accepted my answer, giving a single nod as we continued towards the king.

"Dani, how wonderful it is to make your company once again." T'Challa said with a smile.

"Hey! Yeah, uh, nice to see you too." I sighed out. "This is-"

"Don't tell me it's the royal who angered you previous to our meeting?" He questioned with an already knowing smirk.

"Loki Odinson." Loki stated, "Prince of Asgard." He finished before looking at me, raising his eyebrow. "And definitely the royal who angered her."

T'Challa chuckled as he ushered us to walk with him, the rest of the group following as well.

"So how big of an assault can we expect?"

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce stated.

"Thanos sent two beings for the stones. One was Maw, he went for the time stone." I sighed. "That leaves the female, a fighter. I imagine her delay is likely getting an army."

"The Chitari?" Steve questioned.

"No. Proxima will have the Outriders." I turned my head as Loki spoke, slightly confused. He sighed when he glanced down at me, "I listened, when I was... There."

"Where exactly is there?" Steve questioned.

"With Thanos." Loki replied simply.

"You... New York." Steve's hostility made me step in.

"Steve, shut your mouth before I cut your tongue out and choke you with it." I said before I turned to Loki. "What are Outriders?"

"Vicious beasts, I've heard, though I haven't actually seen them. I, personally, would rather not battle them. I especially would like you not to battle them."

"Well it's too late for that." I mumbled back.

"How we looking?" Steve asked T'Challa, intelligently choosing not to further question Loki.

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..."

"A semi-stable, hundred year old man."

I heard the voice and flipped around to Bucky's grin. He hugged Steve tightly.

"How have you been, Buck?" He asked him.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky shrugged before turning to me, extending his hand. In it was a travel coffee cup, and he smiled. "I always pay my dues. How've you been, Doll?"

I felt Loki stiffen, but took the coffee cup before stepping closer and wrapping an arm around Bucky.

"A lot better." I hummed as I took a step back. "Thank you."

"Is this Loki, the magic teacher?" He asked with a soft chuckle.

"Loki, the husband." Loki responded before I could.

"Oh." Bucky raised his eyebrows at me, his smile widening. "Congratulations! Told you it'd work out one way or another." He said with a pat on my shoulder.

Loki's eyebrows furrowed as we continued walking again, and I could tell he was struggling to get a good read on Bucky.

'He's the one I... Lost my cool on.' I projected to him.

'Yes, Dove, I remember. However, his memory of that day seems to differ a bit from what you told me.'

'What do you mean?'

'Did you have a panic attack? You've never told me you have panic attacks.'

I cleared my throat as we continued walking, earning a stern look from Loki.

'Was that what was occurring when they were trying to block me from getting to you? A panic attack?'

'I lost my brother.'

'I know you did. That's exactly why I'm concerned for you, darling. You've been through enough, perhaps our participation here isn't-'

"I don't need you to tell me again we should leave." I grumbled at Loki, glaring at him. "I'm not. I'm not panicking, I'm pissed off."

Loki sighed, shaking his head.

'I just want to keep you safe.'

I stared at him for a moment before rolling my eyes.

'I know.'

Loki shot me a sympathetic smile before we entered the building in which they planned to work on Vision. I cracked my neck as I watched out the window, but heard Loki's voice in my head once again.

'You know, you should refrain from telling strangers they're attractive within 5 minutes of meeting them, even when you're angry with me.'

'You had a fiancé, Loki. Fuck off.' I thought back with a smirk, making him smile, once again pleased to get a reaction from me.

Suddenly, Vision was up, looking at the window adjacent to ours.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." Nat urged, "Or I'll sick Dani on you. She's terrifying now."

"Thanks." I murmured back, staring out the window as the incoming intruders made their way towards the barrier. "I'll go out and fight. Get the god damn stone out of his head, and blow it to hell." I said to Wanda as I started towards the exit.

"I will."

————————————————————————————
AN: I felt bad for the random break, so I posted extra tonight! I started editing tomorrow's post as well, so it'll be up early! Hope everyone has had a lovely week 💚