Part 63 (Dragon Child)

A couple days later I was laying in Loki's bed, playing with my illusion work when he came in, smiling at the sight of two of me.

"You're getting much better." He complimented as he threw himself down beside me. "You must pay attention to each detail, though."

"What'd I miss this time?" I questioned as I glanced at him.

"Your hair lacks its natural flow when you move... And you've yet to change the facial expression since I came in."

I groaned as I looked at him. "I will never be good at this."

"You're wonderful at this, dove. Just a bit more practice."

He kissed my temple as I dissolved my illusion and closed my eyes, sighing in content.

"Healers most usually can't use much magic outside of that practice. You truly are extraordinary."

I smiled at that, looking at him. "I love you."

Loki smiled, kissing me on the lips before he leaned back down on the bed.

"I heard some rumors around the palace today."

"About?" I questioned now, perking up at the idea of fresh gossip.

"Thor. I've heard he has brought a mortal to the realm."

"Who?" I now questioned, making Loki cringe a bit. "What?"

"I believe it may be that midgardian woman he courted."

"Jane?"

Loki nodded, and I sat up.

"Why wouldn't he have told m-"

I was cut off by a blaring alarm, making Loki tense immediately. "Stay." He grumbled as he threw himself up, his battle armor immediately appearing. That's when the loud crashes, off in the distance, began to ring across the realm.

"What's going on?" I questioned, standing now.

"Stay." Loki said more firmly now, pointing at me. "There's an attack. Do not, under any circumstances, leave this room."

With that he walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

I could hear heavy footsteps, the guard's voices yelling commands. I stood there for a few moments, staring at the door, before a nagging in the back of my mind roared at me to leave.

With all the sound, it was almost as if I couldn't quite hear it, especially when the crashing sounds became closer, the walls vibrating as they sounded off. I felt myself spiraling, but closed my eyes in an attempt to focus on the voice.

It wasn't quite a voice, though. It was more... A feeling. An internal alarm that blared at the highest frequency, and suddenly an overwhelming urge to find a very specific person rang through my thoughts. Frigga.

I hadn't even thought twice before I was teleported to her, surprised to find myself in a room I hadn't been before. She was standing, Jane only feet away from her sitting in a brown Asgardian dress.

"My queen." I quickly curtsied, feeling my adrenaline rush as the crashes continued.

"Dani." Jane breathed out, hugging herself to me tightly.

"I'm unsure what you're doing here, but I'm sure Thor would prefer I keep you safe." I responded with a smile. I looked at Frigga. "Where are your guards?"

"Gone." Frigga responded sorrowfully. I gulped, but nodded.

"Okay, we-" Banging on the other side of the large, double door archway made my head snap towards it, my breath now becoming far more labored. I looked at Jane. "Time to hide, beautiful."