Part 13 (Agent)

A couple more days passed. The first day, I spent nearly the entirety in my bedroom, contemplating the severity of my feelings for the onyx-haired god. It made no sense that I felt so completely enthralled with him. It was reckless and naive, but I felt a force stronger than a hurricane when it came to him. The calming effect he had on my nerves, the way I craved to be near him. I knew it was completely illogical, ridiculously dim witted, however nothing in my mind could stop me from allowing him into my thoughts.

The second day, I got up early and grabbed a cup of coffee, then went and took a shower. I hopped out to my phone buzzing against the counter, ringing from a phone call. As I looked at it I felt my eyebrows furrow, recognizing the number immediately.

"Hello, sir." I said as I pulled my hair up, biting my lip in anticipation.

I expected to be immediately fired, told I was no longer going to receive work, something. Instead, I could literally hear the grin on Fury's face as he spoke, something incredibly abnormal.

"I got a call from your brother not long ago."

I cleared my throat, "Yes, I was aware of his.. Disdain, for my participation with SHIELD."

"Well. It's a good thing neither of us work for Tony Stark, then, isn't it?" He said, nearly chuckling at the end of his sentence. "I have a job I'd like you to do, if you want it. I think you're the perfect agent for it."

I nearly jumped in excitement, but instead a quick "of course!" escaped my lips.

"Meet me in 20."

Once I walked into the base I was immediately escorted to Fury's office, which was definitely different.

"What's up?" I asked as I sat down across his desk from him.

"You ready to run with the big dogs?"

I raised an eyebrow and leaned forward in my chair a bit as Fury pulled out a couple pieces of paper, each with a picture of a man.

"This is Jack." He started off. The name almost felt familiar, but I didn't recognize the man in front of me. "He's your target."

"My target?" I questioned, looking up from the photo.

"Rollins is a SHIELD operative, but it's my understanding he may be a mole for Hydra. He knows most of my agents, but you, on the other hand... You're not quite in our systems yet. Making you perfect for this."

"So, what do I need to do?"

Fury huffed, "I need you to get in close to him, close enough to get a bug on his phone. Once we have that, your part is over."

I nodded, "What's the plan?"

I wore a pitch black dress with gold embellishments along with a pair of gold high heals to the gala. My hair was down and I held a clutch in one hand as I walked through the doors, feeling the cool air of the room and immediately seeing hundreds of people talking and networking.

"Name?" A large man in a suit questioned me as soon as I entered.

"Danica Williams." I said with a bubbly smile, handing the bouncer my fake ID.

He glanced at it for a moment before holding up an iPad. "Alright, you're good." He said after a moment.

I thanked him as I walked away, quickly inspecting the room further. Out of all these people, finding Rollins seemed like an impossible task, but nonetheless I got started.

I was chatting mindlessly about my fake cybersecurity firm and political associations for over an hour before I caught a glimpse of my target and lingered for another several minutes waiting for a good time to approach. Finally, I quickly strode over to the same table as him when he went to get a drink.

I made sure to reach for the same glass, grabbing his attention as he looked at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said with a bit of a laugh.

He smiled at me a bit, looking me up and down. "No, no. Keep it, beautiful." He said as he rested the glass in my hand.

"Thank you." I put on a shy smile and took a small drink. "I'm Danica." I said as I extended a hand.

"Jack." He responded coyly.

Flirting was quite easy when it came to Rollins. He, to put it most simply, was completely full of himself. We talked for only moments before he put his arm around my waist and guided me to a quieter spot in the gala.

"You said you worked in software engineering?"

"Yes, my company has handled cyber security for some of the biggest names on the East Coast." I said with a smile, "What do you do?"

"I work in weapons and technology creation." He said with a smile of his own. That wasn't exactly how I'd describe working for HYDRA, or for SHIELD for that matter, but I suppose neither one of us was being fully honest about our occupations.

We talked and flirted for nearly an hour before I finally used an excuse to need to leave, and from there it was rather easy to get the small bug placed on him.

"Hey, I'll be back in town for a few meetings this week. How about a date?" He smiled beside me, his hand lingering far longer on my lower back than I would've enjoyed.

"That sounds great!" I said cheerfully. "My assistant is somewhere around here with my phone, but I can put my number in yours if you'd like." I added with a sly smirk, watching as he pulled out his phone and handed it over.

The bug was already on the pad of my thumb, and as I typed I nonchalantly slid it over the charging port, lodging it with just enough time to type my burner app number in, slide it back out, and hand him back his phone. "I look forward to it."

"See you there, beautiful."

From there I left and called Fury once I was about a block away.

"Intel is up now, good work Danielle."

"Thank you." I replied as I quickly checked my Text Now app, seeing that Jack had already texted me, asking me to meet him the next night at a local restaurant. I informed Fury, and he seemed even more pleased.

"I'll call you tomorrow morning." He said before the line went dead.